BlackRock Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014

3.1

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, DE (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied online - interviewed at BlackRock.

Applied online and got an email from HR regarding the next steps. We set up an interview date and place. I received an interview schedule with the name of the people I would meet.

Interview Questions
  • What did I know about the company?
    Why this job?
    Two technical questions
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Analyst Interview

First round on campus & final round super day (4 hours) in the office. Super day consisted of a 3 on 1 interview and a group teamwork project with other candidates interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Understand what is going on with macroeconomic events.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackRock.

The whole process took about two months, mostly waiting for their calls. I got the first call in a week after submitting the application online
    The process was meeting HR ->VP->Director & Teammate->Written test. Generally asked about working experience and what is expected from BlackRock
    The HR arrangement was a bit messy

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at BlackRock.

2 HR interviews on the phone and connected with higher management for referral. Asked basic questions like why blackrock and why the position? Still waiting to hear back for next steps, so hopefully!

Still waiting to hear back so...

Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at BlackRock.

Took about a month for the whole process. Applied online, received phone interview (with HR)-tell my about your resume, background, etc. general questions. Then group interview with managers (3) about 30 mins. each.

Interview Questions
    • Why BlackRock?
      What is an put/call?
      Tell me about your resume (Walk them through it)
        Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate but was unsuccessful, I just accepted their initial offer.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BlackRock.

Phone interview followed by on site. One person on phone will ask basic fit questions. On site there were at least eight interviewers from different departments. Various technical questions, and situation based questions are asked.

Interview Questions
    • A mathematical based questions required to calculate how many diamonds of 1 ct can you fit into a room   Answer Question

Had another offer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2011.

Candidates are initially screened by HR representatives. Those that pass the first round are then reviewed by anywhere from 2-4 full time employees, with those reviewers ranging from analysts to director level personnel. Then there will be an initial phone screen by a hiring committee manager. If the candidate seems like they will be a good personality fit, they are brought in for a "super day" interview, where they will see up to 6 other people, often being interviewed in a panel format. There will also be a group exercise to test their teamworking and critical thinking skills.

Interview Questions
    • When have you been innovative or entrepreneurial? What is the biggest challenged you've faced so far?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2014.

Fairly drawn out process, several interviews with different groups, finally met with my target group and interviewed with 3 md's and a vp. The recruiter that I had been in touch with was particularly helpful.

Interview Questions
    • No real technicals--unexpected questions were more just diving deep into my answers on behaviorals   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at BlackRock in December 2012.

Got an interview for risk analyst. been interviewed by 3 different people, about 30 min each. very straight forward, non tricky questions. technical and competency based questions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackRock.

These people ask basic java question, as people in blackrock are not that technically sound and work mainly on perl, m-perl

1 week

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!