BlackRock

Updated 10 Dec, 2014

3.2

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

Started with a phone interview with a VP in the group. Asked me to walk through my resume and explain how my experience with my current firm prepared me for that role. Later that afternoon HR contacted me to set up onsite interviews. I met with analysts and associates on the team as well as the VP. Questions were mostly fit, but they did ask if I followed financial news and what stories I found interesting. You need to truly understand what you are talking about, not simply repeat words from the articles. They will test your knowledge. Also, know why you want to work at Blackrock particularly the group you're interviewing with. I was then brought back in for another interview with the Director and Managing Director. Both were pleasant, explained their expectations, but mostly wanted know if I had any questions about the role.

Interview Questions
  • What are your thoughts on Pimco and Bill Gross leaving? What do you think this means for BlackRock?   Answer Question
HR tried to lowball me. I countered with a range and they came back within my range.

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

Resume submit on school career website - on campus interview - on site interview. I had a super day at the end of October and now I'm waiting. It's been over a week -- anyone heard back?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

A few rounds involving resume screening, phone interview, superday. Each step was generally behavioral based. Each interview was with a different person, so questions were fairly consistent and revolved around company knowledge, field knowledge, and group knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining why that group in particular was the best fit for me over others.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in October 2014.

started with a call from HR and then a phone call with the hiring manager. And then a super day of about 6 interviewers. And then another call with the department head. And then another, less formal interview with senior team members. Finally, a offer call from HR.

Interview Questions
    • know about the company and its products. Understand capital markets and asset classes.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Offer was a significant increase from my current salary range. Top end of the scale.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Applied via College Career Center. Heard back and was asked to submit responses through Montage Video Center. General fit questions like "Why BlackRock," etc. Be sure to know why you are applying to your specific division/group. So far, communications with the recruiters have been very friendly. Still waiting to hear back about this round.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you have had to be creative and how it went.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Applied online and got an email from HR regarding the next steps. We set up an interview date and place. I received an interview schedule with the name of the people I would meet.

Interview Questions
    • What did I know about the company?
      Why this job?
      Two technical questions

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock in September 2014.

On campus interview. After applied online, they send several realted questions to me. And after that there is an on campus interview with 2 team members. They asked some questions related to the resume and ask to explain some terms in stat and finance to non backgroud people.

Analyst Interview

First round on campus & final round super day (4 hours) in the office. Super day consisted of a 3 on 1 interview and a group teamwork project with other candidates interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Understand what is going on with macroeconomic events.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock.

The whole process took about two months, mostly waiting for their calls. I got the first call in a week after submitting the application online
    The process was meeting HR ->VP->Director & Teammate->Written test. Generally asked about working experience and what is expected from BlackRock
    The HR arrangement was a bit messy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BlackRock.

2 HR interviews on the phone and connected with higher management for referral. Asked basic questions like why blackrock and why the position? Still waiting to hear back for next steps, so hopefully!

Still waiting to hear back so...