BlackBerry

86 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details Sent resume on campus job fair. Got a email notification for a 30-minutes phone interview 3 weeks after that job fair. The phone interview has nothing to do with technical problems. The interviewer first introduce the basic information of their company and their development teams. Then he just asked several questions about the resume. Then, he asked about the biggest coding project you did before.

Interview Question – How many classes have you did in your previous project?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Sunrise, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details two phone interviews

Interview Question – interview was generic, based totally on resume.   Answer Question

Software Test Associate Interview

Milford, CT (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2012.

Interview Details Had a technical phone interview which included general questions about your resume, puzzles ( One i can think of is: why is manhole round?), products and application. It is better to do research in detail about the company, familiarity with any testing experience before?

Interview Question – tools that you have worked with, in testing?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details First did a phone interview, which was half technical half behavioral. Was called back to do an inperson interview which lasted most of the day. I was interviewed by different people, in different areas of the company. The first interview was technical while the others were more behavioral, to see if I would fit the office's environment.

Interview Question – Coding question was to make a spell checker, which was not too bad.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2013.

Interview Details Initial email from recruiter saying I had been selected and verified a time to speak with the hiring manager. Meeting was about 2.5 weeks after this email. Actual interview was mostly manager explaining the position and whats expected from this individual. It was not a standard interview from my experience, none of the nonsense SAW or situation questions on the first interview. Those I spoke with were nice, although HR appeared to be uninformed as much was left up to the manager. No discussion of salary, which can be a waste of everyone's time if its too low.

Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details The interview comprised of two rounds. The first round consisted of a discussion on the resume.The projects I had done as a part of my academic work. I was asked to write a method to count the number of words in a large file, some questions on data structures, breadth first processing

Interview Question – What is the time complexity of breadth first search. When you are counting the number of words in a string suppose you store it in a hash table how do you find the word with the maximum length. Is it worth using a hash table?   Answer Question

Core Applications Java Developer- Student Intern Interview

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details The recruiter emailed me asking me to schedule 3 half an hour interviews back to back with the Hiring Manager and 2 team leads for a particular team. The 3 interviews went smooth. They discuss mainly about your resume, questions related to the projects mentioned in the resume and few questions related to the job profile you are interviewed for.

Interview Question – What kind of bugs can a telecom company like Blackberry face?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for intern position. Fixed salary.

IOT Test Engineer Interview

Irving, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2012.

Interview Details RIM job fair. only 30 minutes.

Interview Question – explain an EV-DO call flow. Have you worked with wireshark with QXDM?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Enterprise Support Account Manager Interview

Irving, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details The initial contact was a prescreen interview. The second interview was a face-to-face with the Account Management Supervisor and Director. Their attitudes were very condescending and rather dry. The 3rd interview was a panel interview with management and other Account Management.

Interview Question – What are the most important characteristics that an Account Manager should possess?
How would handle someone who was not doing their job.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I requested a salary range of $55-60 and they gave me $60k

Software Tester Interview

Software Tester
Sunrise, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2010.

Interview Details They called my phone and asked a coup,e of questions regarding experiences in software testing.

Interview Question – Did you create any software tool for testing ?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackBerry