BlackBerry

Getting the Interview

85 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details get a phone interview first, then just discuss about your background, some stuffs in your resume, then schedule a technical interview one week later.

Interview Question – Are you farmiliar with the IOS, Blackberry OS, or Window OS?   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details Job fair interview.
Basic questions on C, C++ and JAVA like size of integer, sizeof() related questions.

Interview Question – Main question was how to reverse the words in a sentence
eg: "This is a test sentence." output should be "sentence test a is This."
  View Answer

Embedded Software Engineering Intern Interview

Irving, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2013.

Interview Details Got a phone call from the HR manager & he asked about few stuffs in the resume. He scheduled a technical round on the immediate next day. A senior level engineer called me & asked questions regarding auto-interrupts, external interrupts, SPI, UART & DAC. He also asked some questions in C about linked list & structures. Asked few questions from RTOS, difference between semaphore & mutex, scheduler & stack, frame pointers.

Interview Question – Design a function that takes a structure and inserts it into a sorted linked list of structures   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Sunrise, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2011.

Interview Details Very straightforward and technical questions were mostly from what I claimed to know in my resume.

Interview Question – Where title would you like to pursue in the next five years.   Answer Question

Mechanical Designer Internship Interview

Sunrise, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details The interview was based only in two questions, and the last question was to give an answer in a concept of mechanical engineering. I guess was not bad for an interview with them. Unfortunately, no answer since then (at least from the company if I was accepted or not), however, the HR said that they choose a candidate and those ones rejected received an email notifying. Email which I never received and thank I wonder to ask, if not I'll be still waiting for a response

Wireless IOT Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2012.

Interview Details It was a telephonic interview before onsite.
The interview was easy. The interviewer was cool and supportive.
Most of the questions he asked were from resume. He asked me to explain MIMO, difference between spatial diversity and spatial multiplexing, PAPR in OFDMA, ISI mitigation in OFDM, hidden terminal issue, CSMA CA, difference between TCP and UDP, Active states in bluetooth, DNS call flow.

Interview Question – Most of the questions are from my resume. So it wasn't difficult.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had another offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details You ll have 1 Hr round and a onsite interview

Interview Question – Most difficult part was from algos   Answer Question

Embedded Engineer Intern Interview

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details Applied on their website, got a call to schedule and interview.

Interview Question – Difference between programming on an embedded system and a PC   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in May 2011.

Interview Details They went straight to an onsite interview. We went through my resume and they asked some behavioral questions. Not much technical other than what I knew about the programming languages on my resume. Very friendly people!

Interview Question – Name a few weaknesses   View Answer

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details Sent resume on campus job fair. Got a email notification for a 30-minutes phone interview 3 weeks after that job fair. The phone interview has nothing to do with technical problems. The interviewer first introduce the basic information of their company and their development teams. Then he just asked several questions about the resume. Then, he asked about the biggest coding project you did before.

Interview Question – How many classes have you did in your previous project?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackBerry