BlackBerry

Updated 26 Nov, 2014
Updated 26 Nov, 2014

94 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry.

two phone interviews

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BlackBerry.

First did a phone interview, which was half technical half behavioral. Was called back to do an inperson interview which lasted most of the day. I was interviewed by different people, in different areas of the company. The first interview was technical while the others were more behavioral, to see if I would fit the office's environment.

Interview Questions
    • Coding question was to make a spell checker, which was not too bad.   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

The interview comprised of two rounds. The first round consisted of a discussion on the resume.The projects I had done as a part of my academic work. I was asked to write a method to count the number of words in a large file, some questions on data structures, breadth first processing

Interview Questions
    • What is the time complexity of breadth first search. When you are counting the number of words in a string suppose you store it in a hash table how do you find the word with the maximum length. Is it worth using a hash table?   Answer Question

Core Applications Java Developer- Student Intern Interview

The recruiter emailed me asking me to schedule 3 half an hour interviews back to back with the Hiring Manager and 2 team leads for a particular team. The 3 interviews went smooth. They discuss mainly about your resume, questions related to the projects mentioned in the resume and few questions related to the job profile you are interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of bugs can a telecom company like Blackberry face?   View Answer
    No negotiation for intern position. Fixed salary.

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in January 2013.

Initial email from recruiter saying I had been selected and verified a time to speak with the hiring manager. Meeting was about 2.5 weeks after this email. Actual interview was mostly manager explaining the position and whats expected from this individual. It was not a standard interview from my experience, none of the nonsense SAW or situation questions on the first interview. Those I spoke with were nice, although HR appeared to be uninformed as much was left up to the manager. No discussion of salary, which can be a waste of everyone's time if its too low.

Enterprise Support Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

The initial contact was a prescreen interview. The second interview was a face-to-face with the Account Management Supervisor and Director. Their attitudes were very condescending and rather dry. The 3rd interview was a panel interview with management and other Account Management.

Interview Questions
    • What are the most important characteristics that an Account Manager should possess?
      How would handle someone who was not doing their job.

View Answer
    I requested a salary range of $55-60 and they gave me $60k

Software Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in December 2012.

Held a company interview at a local hotel to recruit for a new project after layoffs at another company. Went there for several different interviews with multiple managers. After that there were more phone conversations, background checks that had to be done, then the offer letter. All of this took a long time because of the different departments and approvals that these new positions had to go through.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

I gave them my resume at a college career fair. They contacted me a few weeks later and set up a phone interview.

The phone interview consisted of a coding problem, which you had to solve using Google docs while the interviewer watches you. The interviewer was very nice and we fixed a couple bugs in my code together.

Next I had an on-site interview which lasted all day. I met with 8 different people from the company for 6 interviews and a lunch period. Almost all of the interviews were technical in nature. This includes coding, drawing software diagrams on a whiteboard, and verbally answering some questions. Once again everyone was very nice and they make it very easy for you to succeed.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

I met them at my college career fair. They were recruiting people for their Milford, Connecticut branch. They had a 45 min phone interview where they asked me to type a program in google documents, a basic number to string conversion for the headers in column for microsoft excel, eg A - 1 .. Z - 26, AA - 27 etc.. I did that and they called for an onsite interview. I surprisingly had 3 one to one HR rounds and only 1 technical round (2 interviewers). In the technical round they asked me to code, if given a dictionary as a huge stream (words separated with commas) and a word to search, how would I find it in the stream. According to me all the rounds went fine, so I am guessing my rejection was only based on the fact that I didnt have much mobile programming experience.

Interview Questions
    • One question in the phone interview and one in the onsite technical round, but both were easy...   Answer Question

IOT Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in November 2012.

RIM job fair. only 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • explain an EV-DO call flow. Have you worked with wireshark with QXDM?   Answer Question