BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

94 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Mobile Applications Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

I was an intern for two semesters before I applied back for the same team after graduation, so my experience may be shorter than others.

My interview for the intern position was a phone screen that lasted a little longer than an hour with 4 developers and 2 managers. The managers explained the projects that the respective teams owned while the developers asked questions. The questions mostly consisted of object oriented design principles of Java and regular expressions.

I applied through the public employment portal. The process took close to a month from scheduling an interview, through the background check, until I had an offer. The interview consisted of 6 rounds, 4 of them being technical questions or riddles and the other two regarding my experience outside of BlackBerry.

Interview Questions
    • For my internship the most expected question was whether or not interfaces are supported in C++. I answered, no that's a Java only construct. The interviewer then asked if I was familiar with the virtual keyword in cpp, at which point I realized that you could create an equivalent of a Java interface in cpp by creating an abstract class with only pure virtual member functions. A great question.

For my full time interview, there a few trickster questions regarding memory management in C/C++ (e.g. when and where will this program crash, where is the memory leak, etc.) as well as a few general binary search tree and linked list questions. Expect a few questions regarding running time and concurrency, but nothing too grueling.
        Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was simple enough, but seemed to draw out for too long. They offered me more than my ballpark figure was with good benefits. The longest and most grueling part was the background check.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2010.

Interview was pretty quick. They needed people ASAP at the time I started there. Regular intervirew questions, not that much technical.

Interview Questions
    I told them I got another offer higher from another company, they raised their offer by 10K.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Very easy, discussed project from previous internship

No negotiation

Manager of Innovation Interview

Typical with background check. Must have a lot of info to verify your who you claim to be.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Applied via Indeed.com for the Product Delivery Team . Got a call to schedule first round phone interview. The first round interview was taken by one of the team members and was technical but nothing too difficult. Like basic questions on OOPS and other test cases such as functionality of a calculator. Then a second round phone interview was scheduled which I expected to be more technical but that was actually by the team lead and she only asked HR type questions.

Software Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2011.

HR interview, general questions about current position, salary, willing to be relocated
    Technical interview including verbally IQ tests, QA in detail, cell phone's behavior (data), IOT

Interview Questions
    • There was not any unexpected question. Each question was in reference to job description   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2012.

Phone screening followed by on site interview

Can negotiate

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at BlackBerry.

HR guy got in touch after viewing profile in linkedIn.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2012.

There were 2 rounds. 1st was HR round and the questions were directly from resume. 2nd Round was Technical, I was asked questions from my academic projects and basic questions from C++.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

get a phone interview first, then just discuss about your background, some stuffs in your resume, then schedule a technical interview one week later.

Interview Questions
    • Are you farmiliar with the IOS, Blackberry OS, or Window OS?   Answer Question