BlackBerry Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr, 2015

Hardware Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON).

Interview

Applied on their website, 3 weeks later got a interview on the phone. 30 min long. Interviewed with 3 guys, very relaxed, very nice guys. Told me about the position, what I'll be doing,very textbook interview. Job involves completing a series of thermal tests identified to qualify a product as well as qualifying prototypes or new solutions and involved in the design and development of new or existing thermal solutions. Easy questions. Got an email next day saying I got the job and got the official offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in python,shell, and matlab?   Answer Question
    • How do you find the size of a matrix and how do you find it's transpose in matlab?   Answer Question

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview went smoothly. There were three interviewers and they were very nice and accommodating. At first, they told me to tell them about myself which I explained well. Then, they asked about the projects that I have worked on and I am working on currently. Some basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions about the projects have done before and how did I design them. The team use java as their major programming language. There were some basic programming questions.   Answer Question

Software Tools Developer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry (Vancouver, BC) in March 2015.

Interview

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    phone interview, half hour, mostly talking about the projects or work that is listed on the resume

Interview Questions

• what would you do differently if you had a chance to modify your previous project   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

The interview was in person and very conversation based. The questions asked were more to judge personality and how well i would be interacting in a team setting. No situational questions were really asked nor any technical skill based questions.

Interview Questions

• What challenges would you face as a project coordinator   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON) in February 2015.

Interview

After applying for this job on the Blackberry site as a part of my Co-op program, I received an invite for a interview via teleconference. The interview was conducted by three interviewees and went on for about a half an hour. Overall it was a good experience and I recieved an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON) in January 2015.

Interview

Two interviewers which were very nice and laid back. Asked basic questions about projects, skills, etc. Followed by technical questions from topics directly from the job posting. Know your resume and brush upon Java, C++, Databases and OS.

Interview Questions

Interview

Met 2 Engineers, technical interview, got offer a few days later. Questions are pretty common for software interviews. Interview held internally at university campus, lasted about 45 minutes in total

Inventory Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in November 2014.

Interview

Went through school co-op. Didn't know what to expect but I did my research. Great company culture and direction despite the media's negative stigma. Standard questions, strengths and weaknesses, they look for personality, professionalism, and goal-oriented people.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON).

Interview

This is dependent on really who is seeking to hire you and who you know as well as what level you are applying for. They look at job experience and out of the box thinking. Problem solver

Negotiation

easy

Systems Engineering Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

I cannot speak to whether or not my interview experience is typical of how things are currently done at Blackberry. I was contacted by an internal recruiter back in the days when BlackBerry, nee RIM, was growing at an astounding rate. I wasn't really looking for a new gig, but am loathe to not explore potential opportunities. I agreed to an interview. On my interview day, it was easy to find the right building and security paged my escort to take me to my interview.

I walk into the office of the manager for the group I was interviewing with and met the manager and 4 additional members of the team. So of course I am thinking ok, this could be rigorous. It was a surprisingly casual experience. Coming into this interview I had 15 or so years of experience under my belt. The interview was not very formal at all. In fact it was very much like a casual conversation, which I attribute to the manager, we 'chatted' about tech stuff, and non-tech stuff. The interviewer was able to dig into my experiences and let me elaborate in a manner that didn't feel like I was being grilled. While the interview lasted well over an hour it was truly the most relaxed interview I think I have ever experienced.

After the interview I left and was thinking what a cool interesting and innovative place that would be to work.

About a month later I get a call from the recruiter and am told that they would like to proceed with an offer. The initial offer was pretty good, however I was able to come back and request a bit better compensation. The recruiter and I discussed what I would have wanted the offer to be and took that back to the hiring manager to see if it was acceptable. It took all of a day for her to confirm that my request was approved.

I started work about 3 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• I would love to be able to give a specific hard or unexpected question for this interview, I don't have one to provide. I guess if I were to label anything as unexpected it would be the whole casual nature of the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

simple and direct.