BlackBerry Interview Questions & Reviews in Canada

Updated Aug 21, 2014
207 interviews

207 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Digital HW Designer Interview

interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2012.

The interview process is very very clear. Phone interview with HR, phone interview with hiring manager, in-person interview with each team member, the interview question is not difficult.
    The HR give offer and then a lot document for background check, reference check, etc.
    On-board is very clear process,

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2011.

Phone interview - lots of technical questions! Brain teasers. Since I was a remote candidate I just did one phone interview. I got my offer just in two weeks. The interviewers were the same people I worked with during my internship. Be prepared to talk about your previous experience and college projects.

Interview Questions
    • What is the angle between the two branches of your clock when it is 3:15?   View Answer
    • Describe two design patterns.   View Answer
    • What IPC stands for? And explain what it is.   View Answer
    • How to sort 2 million 32-bits integer?   View Answer

Software Engineering Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterloo, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Applied online through the BlackBerry site, was contacted less than a month later by email for a 30 minute phone interview. They sent an offer package a month or so later with about 10 documents that had to be signed and returned via the package that they sent. Overall it was a very smooth process.

Interview Questions
    • What scripting/UNIX projects have you worked on (Difficult for me since I hadn't done any)   View Answer
    They pay for extra luggage bag, airfare (round trip), transport from/to airport and 2 nights in a hotel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2014.

It was a phone interview and the HR person didn't attend it for a personal reason. They asked a lot about my past personal project. (Things like how is this part working, etc) They also made a very comfortable interview atmosphere. I prepared quite a bit on this interview, but ended up not saying much what I was going to say.

Software Test Specialist Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2014.

Only had one phone interview and there 2 people communicating with me over the phone. The interview lasted thirty minutes and I got a call back the week after my interview.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterloo, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 months - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2010.

Very long interview process, two separate full days speaking to 10+ people each day, including managers, directors, and VPs
    The individuals themselves were all very caring of the length of time for the interview
    All interviewers had a veto on hires. Getting through the interview process is something to be very happy with.
    Each of the interviewers were very helpful in describing what they considered the most important aspects of this role.
    Offer negotiations with HR were professional and helpful

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle pressure, and demonstrate a situation in which you were required to.   View Answer
    Was able to negotiate, but the offer was higher than expected so there was very little need.

Statistical Methods Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Phone interview, easy going with 2 people usually one HR and another one in the department that you would be working with. Couple of questions of why you want to work at Blackberry or IT, your experience at your past jobs and your school history. Job was focused on handling big databases and your experience in excel (data validation, general analysis

Interview Questions
    • What type of chart would you use in excel if you had to measure an employee's share of hours on a monthly basis?   View Answer

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackBerry.

1. Received email from recruiter to schedule an interview: she seemed very enthusiastic and organized
    2. Phone interview with manager with tech questions (software based, the usual ones)
    3. Phone interview with other manager about problem solving in general
    4. Webcam interview (puke!!) with team members, mostly same questions as # 2
    5. Assignment given: more technical questions, some problem solving questions
    6. In person with manager and director to review assignment and discuss hobbies
    7. Phone interview with VP to discuss career goals and hobbies
    8. Receive offer, accept offer, do background check, submit paperwork, begin working.

Total span was about 2 months from 1 to 8.

Interview Questions
    • How can you store extra information in a linked list without adding a new data member given that the memory is X byte aligned?   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate. My advice is not to be desperate and if you aren't happy, don't take it! Opt out of the bonus for an increase in base salary and ask for more OFFICIAL vacation.

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackBerry.

one phone interview, one face to face interview. they are both regular interviews.
    then one background check which really takes time. I remember it took me 3 weeks to get my conditional offer confirmed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time that you did not meet your manager's expectation?   Answer Question

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!