Bimbo Bakeries

Getting the Interview

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Checker/Loader Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in October 2010.

Interview Details three different interview with different casule and formal

Interview Question – how can you make a difference in the company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – union shop flate rate

Production Helper Interview

Hastings, NE (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in May 2013.

Interview Details dont really remember but it seemed like basic simple questions at the time.
Pretty relaxed and easy going interview process just dont be a slob and im sure you will be ok.

Interview Question – dont remember   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in January 2014.

Interview Details The company representative (manager) called almost immediately after I applied.

Interview Question – No "typical" interview questions in my case.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase in this case.

Very Easy Interview

Route Sales Representative
Roseville, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in March 2010.

Interview Details One call. One interview. Lengthy background check, etc.

Interview Question – Describe a time when attention to detail was most important?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Union parameters. No negotiation.

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

Interview Details Worked my way up from the bottom, so initially didn't have an interview for operations supervisor. When being interviewed for a production operator position back in 1990 they asked why I wanted to work here, what kind of attendance they should expect and so on.

Interview Question – Why I wanted to work there.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations because it's a union facility

Capital Analyst Interview

Horsham, PA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

Interview Details Phone Interview, Face to Face Interview

Interview Question – Why you applied for a job with bimbo?   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

Interview Details I was first contacted by the local HR Manager concerning the position that led to a phone interview. Next was the phone interview about a week later. After about 2 weeks, I was brought in for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by the plant manager who was very unassuming, but nevertheless deceiving....she smiles all the time, but don't fall for it. When the interview was over with the plant manager, I was evaluated over lunch by the entire management staff at the plant. After the first interview, I was called in for a second and it was confusing. The had decided to give me the job without me knowing and didn't want me to wear a suit, but didn't tell me. So when we went out on the floor I got flour and other ingredients on me. They were showing me videos on their process during it and I wasn't sure why since they didn't tell me that I had the job yet. It seemed very unorganized. About an hour later, they finally told me that I was being offered the job. The plant manager gave me a generic onboarding plan and said that we would go over it sometime......but it never happened the whole time I was employed.

Interview Question – "A union environment can be a difficult one to manage, so how would you deal with a difficult situation or employee on the floor?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation. The HR Manager and Plant Manager created a deal that was a little above what I made at my previous job in terms of monetary compensation. But, I was very disappointed with the amount of vacation time offered which was only a week. Previous employees were given 3 weeks vacation right off the bat.

Route Sales Representative
El Segundo, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

Interview Details I knew someone and that helped. I met with a depot manager for a brief interview and took a basic math skills test. After about a week I met with a very no nonsense HR manager at a depot in L.A. I sent a lot of time speaking about my managerial background which had nothing to do with the position I was applying for.

Interview Question – My thoughts on tardiness.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation and poor communication between HR, management and about my start date.

Very Difficult Interview

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

Interview Details I have completed three online applications for different positions all W-2 jobs in product distribution. I am a very qualified candidate with over twenty years in the business. This company accepts online apps only, I have yet to receive any communication one way or the other on my application status. Logging into my account has shown a status of considering for the position. Still no communication until finally the job, upon inquiry, shows no longer available. I find this to be very unprofessional especially in this age of instant messageing

Very Easy Interview

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Huntington, WV (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in January 2013.

Interview Details Applied for the position. got a call about 3 months later to come in for interview. Filled out a application and went and talked to maintenance manager. No major questions just ask me about what kind of work i did in the past asked could i pass drug screen did i have good transportation very laid back. ask me about working safe said the work alot in the summer months and get really busy the first warm day of the season. didnt hear anything for a month after the interview then got another interview for the same company as a Production planner they asked same questions then told me to call back middle of the week to check back with them. I called back they told me to come in and sign offer for Maintenance engineer position and take drug screen. no worries most laid back interview i ever had.

Interview Question – None really they did ask me a question in the planner interview about what my worst down fall is and what is your best at.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none pays really well and excellant benifits

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Bimbo Bakeries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bimbo Bakeries interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Bimbo Bakeries employees and interview candidates.