Best Buy

Getting the Interview

1,414 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details Was asked about former employers, for how long I'd been at those companies and why I was applying for the job. Guy I talked to seemed nice enough and gave me information about Best buy

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions in this interview.   Answer Question

Computer Specialist Interview

Computer Specialist
Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2012.

Interview Details First went through a phone interview screening, mainly asked about difficulty and multitasking abilities. Make sure you do not say you will serve one customer at a time. The next phase is a 1 on 1 with a manager or supervisor, they mainly question your integrity, make sure you always say stealing is wrong and you would report all thefts.

Interview Question – There was not a difficult question. Just make sure you answer with a reasonable time to think, again for questions regarding theft, answer them speedily as possible without hesitation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked me what type of wage I was looking for, depending on department, mine was computers, you can ask for something like 12 per hour.

Sales Associate
Lethbridge, AB

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2012.

Interview Details Contacted by phone, after an in-person resume hand in. Was asked various questions and qualifications.
Given a few weeks for the group interview process.
Interview just asking basic questions, tour of building, didn't seem much care for employees.

Interview Question – Flexibility on hours.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was needed, pay wasn't the best, but needed a job.

Developer Interview

Burnaby, BC

The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2012.

Interview Details No technical questions asked
No indication on what I would work on there
No pre interview over the phone
HR was not even involved.

Very unprofessional company

Interview Question – no tech questions asked   View Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Burnaby, BC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2008.

Interview Details A quick phone interview got me to the in person interview which was the very next day. I showed up early, and was looked at strangely. I thought it was the usual to show up 15 minutes before the interview.
First, I was given a more in depth review of the position, then had two people interview me before being taken to the head manager for another interview. The questions were simple, and basically guided. They knew the answers they wanted, and gave them to me in their tone or in their words. It was a simple enough interview and everyone was nice enough. The process laster about an hour and a half.

Interview Question – what do you see being the most difficult part of this position?   Answer Question

Lifestyles Sales Consultant Interview

Auburn, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2013.

Interview Details If you are an outgoing individual, you'll get the job. If you are what some would say "socially awkward" there's not a chance. In order to work at Best Buy you have to communicate clearly and be able to solve customer issues swiftly. The interviewer will do their best to see if you are qualified. You also must show interest in new, old, and upcoming technologies (no, loving video games does not check you off on this subject). When I was interviewed for this position I had prior researched the company history, listed every person I know that works there, listed my talents, and made a connection with the interviewer on common hobbies. If you do this you will most likely be hired. Also I'd like to add that if you are only interviewed for 30 min or less you're probably not going to get the job. The interviewer will go beyond the scheduled time if they take serious interest in you.

Interview Question – There are no difficult questions for a salesman. You sell yourself the same way you sell your products.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Everett, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in March 2013.

Interview Details it is an online application. Each application is sent to the store directly via email. If they like your resume/application enough, you will receive a phone call for screening (terribly easy to pass) in which you will be offered an interview. At this particular best buy, the first interview is done by the Supervisor and Manager of the preferred department. If you pass their interview, you will be called in for a final interview with the GM himself, as he likes to make sure each of his employees are up to the Best Buy standard.

Interview Question – There were not difficult questions, although a few of them revealed a lot more about myself than I cared to give.   Answer Question

Mobile Wireless Sales Consultant Interview

Warner Robins, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process was not difficult. I initially conducted a phone interview which went well. This interview was basic and laid the foundation for the subsequent interview which was conducted in-person. The company requires every potential employee to be interviewed by two current managers. These two interviews were nearly identical in terms of the questions that I was asked.

Interview Question – Is the customer always right?   Answer Question

Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in January 2010.

Interview Details I applied for the job online. I got a call a week later asking me to come into the store. In store interview was easy.

Interview Question – If you aren't a moron you can get a job. They asked me all kinds of stupid questions like if I did drugs, steal or if I had been arrested. They literally asked me if I needed $10, would I borrow it from the register. When I said "No" I was then asked if borrowing $5 was ok. Then $1.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was given a dollar per hour rate and told that was all they would offer.

Geek Squad Counter-Service Agent Interview

Dublin, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2010.

Interview Details I applied using their online system, then followed up in-person. The manager who reviewed my information asked me to come back for a formal interview and set a time/date with me. When I returned for the formal interview, I was informed that it was his day off; I had to come in at random a couple times until he was working and track him down in the store to ask about my interview. Once I found him, he felt bad for having forgotten and interviewed me right on the spot.

Interview Question – There were hardly any questions involving technology. The hardest part of the interview was having to come up with examples of how resilient you can be to angry customers.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy interview questions and advice. All 1,414 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.