Best Buy Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  St. Catharines, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. Catharines, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2011.

Was in a very noisy environment. Some of the staff were walking around and making jokes with the interviewer. Kind of nerve racking maybe for some people. The questions were very easy and only required you to standardly answer them. Nothing too special about the interview.

None

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy.

Was asked about former employers, for how long I'd been at those companies and why I was applying for the job. Guy I talked to seemed nice enough and gave me information about Best buy

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2012.

First went through a phone interview screening, mainly asked about difficulty and multitasking abilities. Make sure you do not say you will serve one customer at a time. The next phase is a 1 on 1 with a manager or supervisor, they mainly question your integrity, make sure you always say stealing is wrong and you would report all thefts.

Interview Questions
    • There was not a difficult question. Just make sure you answer with a reasonable time to think, again for questions regarding theft, answer them speedily as possible without hesitation.   Answer Question
    Asked me what type of wage I was looking for, depending on department, mine was computers, you can ask for something like 12 per hour.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lethbridge, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lethbridge, AB

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2012.

Contacted by phone, after an in-person resume hand in. Was asked various questions and qualifications.
    Given a few weeks for the group interview process.
    Interview just asking basic questions, tour of building, didn't seem much care for employees.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was needed, pay wasn't the best, but needed a job.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Burnaby, BC
    Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC

The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2012.

No technical questions asked
    No indication on what I would work on there
    No pre interview over the phone
    HR was not even involved.

Very unprofessional company

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Burnaby, BC
    Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2008.

A quick phone interview got me to the in person interview which was the very next day. I showed up early, and was looked at strangely. I thought it was the usual to show up 15 minutes before the interview.
    First, I was given a more in depth review of the position, then had two people interview me before being taken to the head manager for another interview. The questions were simple, and basically guided. They knew the answers they wanted, and gave them to me in their tone or in their words. It was a simple enough interview and everyone was nice enough. The process laster about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions
    • what do you see being the most difficult part of this position?   Answer Question

Inventory and Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wesley Chapel, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

I applied to Best Buy online and within two days later I received a phone call which was my phone interview which was approx. 5 minutes. She then said he would send that along to the next supervisor which would be over the department I was applying for. Within two days after the phone interview I got a call from the supervisor asking if I could come in the next day for the 2nd interview which approx. lasted 10 minutes and everything went smoothly everyone was nice! He then he would forward my application to the General Manager (GM) for the final interview. Within three days after the 2nd interview I got a phone call for my last and final interview the next day with the General Manager as to where he hired me and asked what I was willing to get paid!

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: 'Have you ever seen an associate stealing? What should happen to them?"   View Answers (2)
    Atleast negotiate $1.00 up from pay

Best Buy Mobile - Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flint, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

*Did the online app

*Gotta call exactly a week later for the phone interview

*Went in for the 2nd interview, went great, said I would get a call in 3-5 days for the 3rd and final interview, when reality the called me, not even an hour after the second interview, for the last one

*Met the GM, he was funny and I got hired on the spot.

*All in all great people, awesome experience and I'm really looking forward to working with them!!

Interview Questions
    • Pretty easy interview. nothing out of the ordinary!! :)   Answer Question

CEM Interview

Be yourself, and know your business, and use words you know. If you follow the rules and are a good people person you will be successful. The best thing is know the market and community you work with in.

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Braintree, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

Applied the job online, got a called for interview about 3 weeks later. I went in and have an interview with the GM, The interview very laid back. The GM took me to the backroom, she ask me about 10-14 questions about my work experience, the situation how to deal with other people. The interview last 10-15 minutes. I got hired on the spot. She told me do the drug test and came back in a week later to do the orientation. I started work the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Why you want work here?
      What should you do if a customer ask but you don't know the answer?
      Tell me about yourself?
        Answer Question

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!