Best Buy Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct, 2014
1,718 Interview Reviews

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy.

Was asked about former employers, for how long I'd been at those companies and why I was applying for the job. Guy I talked to seemed nice enough and gave me information about Best buy

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2012.

First went through a phone interview screening, mainly asked about difficulty and multitasking abilities. Make sure you do not say you will serve one customer at a time. The next phase is a 1 on 1 with a manager or supervisor, they mainly question your integrity, make sure you always say stealing is wrong and you would report all thefts.

Interview Questions
    • There was not a difficult question. Just make sure you answer with a reasonable time to think, again for questions regarding theft, answer them speedily as possible without hesitation.   Answer Question
    Asked me what type of wage I was looking for, depending on department, mine was computers, you can ask for something like 12 per hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lethbridge, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lethbridge, AB

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in July 2012.

Contacted by phone, after an in-person resume hand in. Was asked various questions and qualifications.
    Given a few weeks for the group interview process.
    Interview just asking basic questions, tour of building, didn't seem much care for employees.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was needed, pay wasn't the best, but needed a job.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy in May 2012.

No technical questions asked
    No indication on what I would work on there
    No pre interview over the phone
    HR was not even involved.

Very unprofessional company

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. Catharines, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. Catharines, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2011.

Was in a very noisy environment. Some of the staff were walking around and making jokes with the interviewer. Kind of nerve racking maybe for some people. The questions were very easy and only required you to standardly answer them. Nothing too special about the interview.

None

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2008.

A quick phone interview got me to the in person interview which was the very next day. I showed up early, and was looked at strangely. I thought it was the usual to show up 15 minutes before the interview.
    First, I was given a more in depth review of the position, then had two people interview me before being taken to the head manager for another interview. The questions were simple, and basically guided. They knew the answers they wanted, and gave them to me in their tone or in their words. It was a simple enough interview and everyone was nice enough. The process laster about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions
    • what do you see being the most difficult part of this position?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Very meticulous with 3 rounds of interviews diving in-depth into day today responsibilities and how my work impacted the project. Different scenarios where I had handled multiple systems integration was discussed. Conflicts resolution and presentation skills were discussed.

Interview Questions
    • How did you implement lessons learnt in the next project   Answer Question

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

I got the call about the job because an old coworker worked at the store I interviewed at. The magnolia manager called me to come in and talk with him and the home theater manager. I came in, met the managers and went into office to talk. I spent an hour and a half talking with them. After that, they said they had some more interviews and had to discuss this with the GM. I wasn't gone 5 minutes before they asked me to come back to talk with the GM.

Interview Questions
    • How would you build a sale of a television to a larger basket   Answer Question
    • What are some of your favorite movies or games to use as demos on TVs   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this position   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Was a typical and easy interview. Interview was a three step process. Done in store. Total time for all 3 interviews was about an hour and one half. Was not difficult and conducted by store management.

Interview Questions
    • Question that asked about a difficult scenario, what made it difficult, how did I overcome it and what were the results.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview went well just your basic everyday situational questions. Also was asked to sell the manager i was having the interview with, to sell him something like a pen. the reason they do this is to see what basic knowledge yo have within selling and customer service.