Best Buy

Average Difficulty
1,581 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details Was asked about former employers, for how long I'd been at those companies and why I was applying for the job. Guy I talked to seemed nice enough and gave me information about Best buy

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions in this interview.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Computer Specialist Interview

Computer Specialist
Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2012.

Interview Details First went through a phone interview screening, mainly asked about difficulty and multitasking abilities. Make sure you do not say you will serve one customer at a time. The next phase is a 1 on 1 with a manager or supervisor, they mainly question your integrity, make sure you always say stealing is wrong and you would report all thefts.

Interview Question – There was not a difficult question. Just make sure you answer with a reasonable time to think, again for questions regarding theft, answer them speedily as possible without hesitation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked me what type of wage I was looking for, depending on department, mine was computers, you can ask for something like 12 per hour.

Lethbridge, AB

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2012.

Interview Details Contacted by phone, after an in-person resume hand in. Was asked various questions and qualifications.
Given a few weeks for the group interview process.
Interview just asking basic questions, tour of building, didn't seem much care for employees.

Interview Question – Flexibility on hours.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was needed, pay wasn't the best, but needed a job.

Very Easy Interview

Developer Interview

Developer
Burnaby, BC

The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2012.

Interview Details No technical questions asked
No indication on what I would work on there
No pre interview over the phone
HR was not even involved.

Very unprofessional company

Interview Question – no tech questions asked   View Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Assistant Buyer
Burnaby, BC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2008.

Interview Details A quick phone interview got me to the in person interview which was the very next day. I showed up early, and was looked at strangely. I thought it was the usual to show up 15 minutes before the interview.
First, I was given a more in depth review of the position, then had two people interview me before being taken to the head manager for another interview. The questions were simple, and basically guided. They knew the answers they wanted, and gave them to me in their tone or in their words. It was a simple enough interview and everyone was nice enough. The process laster about an hour and a half.

Interview Question – what do you see being the most difficult part of this position?   Answer Question

Multi Channel Sales Associate Interview

Multi Channel Sales Associate

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details Was in a small room at the back of the store. There was a manager present. Interview was fairly quick. Just a couple of general questions. I knew there is more than one interview

Interview Question – What is the most difficult situation you have faced with a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details Low-key interview process. It was all about teamwork and "STAR" based questions and answers. Very straight forward. They were checking to see the depth pif my knowledge in working on teams and my ability to make decisions that result in improved customer service relationships.

Interview Question – Please tell me where you failed and was faced with an yes/no issue that had be solved then and there.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details It was not that complicated. Apply online. Pass the test. Call about an interview, or wait for them to call you. Go to the interview. Be truthful and know why you want to work there.

Interview Question – Why BestBuy?   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Operations Agent Interview

Geek Squad, Operations Agent
Dover, DE (US)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in January 2014.

Interview Details Expect a 3-part interview for any Best Buy position. Phone screening (which happened very soon after the initial application done online), in person with a store manager, and then an in person with the general manager. All the usual basic questions given in any retail interviews (What would you do if...?). Originally applied for loss prevention, ended up being offered a geek squad position to better match my experience.

Interview Question – What would you do if you seen someone snatch an item in plain view and walk out of the store?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Personal availability changed between initial application and job offer which required full availability so I had to decline

Sales Transaction Assistant Interview

Sales Transaction Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details The First interview with a supervisor or assistant manager, second interview with general manager when they normally hire you. Drug test is required. There is a list of questions that they MUST ask and generally follow.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!