Best Buy Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr, 2015
1,941 Interview Reviews

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Toronto, ON) in March 2015.

Interview

I dropped my resume at the store, and received a call from the hiring manager in 2-3 days. She asked me some simple questions about the items in my resume and setup a in-person meeting with a sales manager. The sales manager was super friendly, and made sure I was comfortable during the whole interview process. He asked me questions from their standard 2 page questionnaire. After the interview, he told me I should meet with the GM in a week for a final interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

The interview process began by a phone call, asking general questions. Then followed by a skype chat interview. After this interview, there was another telephonic interview which involved both technical and behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Don't you feel that you might get lonely working from home and if yes, what you will do to overcome that feeling?   Answer Question

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Referral. Easy basic questions. Why do you want to work here, talk about past experiences, strengths, weaknesses, understanding of technology, sales experience.no phone interview , in person which was one on one. Also want to know how well you do in a team environment. Also remember it is minimum wage and no commision

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Just the first step of phone interview, information collection. The HR consultant was quite friendly but she insisted to know my expectation of salary which I have to at least give her a range. Other than that, the interview was quite smooth and normal. She said she would discuss with hire manager about the next step actions and I'm still waiting...

Interview Questions

• Salary range which I supposed to be asked in a later stage of interview.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Was asked about former employers, for how long I'd been at those companies and why I was applying for the job. Guy I talked to seemed nice enough and gave me information about Best buy

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Toronto, ON) in August 2012.

Interview

First went through a phone interview screening, mainly asked about difficulty and multitasking abilities. Make sure you do not say you will serve one customer at a time. The next phase is a 1 on 1 with a manager or supervisor, they mainly question your integrity, make sure you always say stealing is wrong and you would report all thefts.

Interview Questions

• There was not a difficult question. Just make sure you answer with a reasonable time to think, again for questions regarding theft, answer them speedily as possible without hesitation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked me what type of wage I was looking for, depending on department, mine was computers, you can ask for something like 12 per hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lethbridge, AB

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Lethbridge, AB) in July 2012.

Interview

Contacted by phone, after an in-person resume hand in. Was asked various questions and qualifications.
    Given a few weeks for the group interview process.
    Interview just asking basic questions, tour of building, didn't seem much care for employees.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was needed, pay wasn't the best, but needed a job.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy (Burnaby, BC) in May 2012.

Interview

No technical questions asked
    No indication on what I would work on there
    No pre interview over the phone
    HR was not even involved.

Very unprofessional company

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. Catharines, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy (St. Catharines, ON) in August 2011.

Interview

Was in a very noisy environment. Some of the staff were walking around and making jokes with the interviewer. Kind of nerve racking maybe for some people. The questions were very easy and only required you to standardly answer them. Nothing too special about the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Burnaby, BC) in August 2008.

Interview

A quick phone interview got me to the in person interview which was the very next day. I showed up early, and was looked at strangely. I thought it was the usual to show up 15 minutes before the interview.
    First, I was given a more in depth review of the position, then had two people interview me before being taken to the head manager for another interview. The questions were simple, and basically guided. They knew the answers they wanted, and gave them to me in their tone or in their words. It was a simple enough interview and everyone was nice enough. The process laster about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• what do you see being the most difficult part of this position?   Answer Question