Best Buy Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep, 2014
1,690 Interview Reviews

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy.

Was asked about former employers, for how long I'd been at those companies and why I was applying for the job. Guy I talked to seemed nice enough and gave me information about Best buy

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2012.

First went through a phone interview screening, mainly asked about difficulty and multitasking abilities. Make sure you do not say you will serve one customer at a time. The next phase is a 1 on 1 with a manager or supervisor, they mainly question your integrity, make sure you always say stealing is wrong and you would report all thefts.

Interview Questions
    • There was not a difficult question. Just make sure you answer with a reasonable time to think, again for questions regarding theft, answer them speedily as possible without hesitation.   Answer Question
    Asked me what type of wage I was looking for, depending on department, mine was computers, you can ask for something like 12 per hour.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lethbridge, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lethbridge, AB

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2012.

Contacted by phone, after an in-person resume hand in. Was asked various questions and qualifications.
    Given a few weeks for the group interview process.
    Interview just asking basic questions, tour of building, didn't seem much care for employees.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was needed, pay wasn't the best, but needed a job.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burnaby, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2012.

No technical questions asked
    No indication on what I would work on there
    No pre interview over the phone
    HR was not even involved.

Very unprofessional company

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  St. Catharines, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. Catharines, ON

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2011.

Was in a very noisy environment. Some of the staff were walking around and making jokes with the interviewer. Kind of nerve racking maybe for some people. The questions were very easy and only required you to standardly answer them. Nothing too special about the interview.

None

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burnaby, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2008.

A quick phone interview got me to the in person interview which was the very next day. I showed up early, and was looked at strangely. I thought it was the usual to show up 15 minutes before the interview.
    First, I was given a more in depth review of the position, then had two people interview me before being taken to the head manager for another interview. The questions were simple, and basically guided. They knew the answers they wanted, and gave them to me in their tone or in their words. It was a simple enough interview and everyone was nice enough. The process laster about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions
    • what do you see being the most difficult part of this position?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I interviewed and got hired the same day. The interview was pretty simple, it was my first job and first interview. They gave me a form to take the drug test within 72 hours.

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Standard interview process and questions asked. Fairly easy. Some questions were asked on how familiar you are with technology and what areas are you most comfortable to work in. After your first interview you will proceed to the 2nd interview where it is with a manager who pretty much ask the same questions. Then he will offer you a job and send you to get a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any difficult questions asked. Make sure you are tech savy.   Answer Question

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

it was easy and everything went smoothly the managers were great, they ask you things that you would expect anyone to ask so just go in there and be yourself because if your not they will find out eventually

better job

Assistant Manager Interview

Typical questions to determine perssonality and problem solving skills. The environment was laid back and friendly, but not the most professionally setup. A lot of the questions felt repetitive. They want specific details from your own experiences. Take time before your interview to think about specific situations and employees that needed special attention.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are about overcoming problems in specific situations.   Answer Question

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!