Best Buy

Updated 13 Dec, 2014
1,791 Interview Reviews

2.4

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Best Buy.

Referral. Easy basic questions. Why do you want to work here, talk about past experiences, strengths, weaknesses, understanding of technology, sales experience.no phone interview , in person which was one on one. Also want to know how well you do in a team environment. Also remember it is minimum wage and no commision

QA Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Just the first step of phone interview, information collection. The HR consultant was quite friendly but she insisted to know my expectation of salary which I have to at least give her a range. Other than that, the interview was quite smooth and normal. She said she would discuss with hire manager about the next step actions and I'm still waiting...

Interview Questions
    • Salary range which I supposed to be asked in a later stage of interview.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy.

Was asked about former employers, for how long I'd been at those companies and why I was applying for the job. Guy I talked to seemed nice enough and gave me information about Best buy

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2012.

First went through a phone interview screening, mainly asked about difficulty and multitasking abilities. Make sure you do not say you will serve one customer at a time. The next phase is a 1 on 1 with a manager or supervisor, they mainly question your integrity, make sure you always say stealing is wrong and you would report all thefts.

Interview Questions
    • There was not a difficult question. Just make sure you answer with a reasonable time to think, again for questions regarding theft, answer them speedily as possible without hesitation.   Answer Question
    Asked me what type of wage I was looking for, depending on department, mine was computers, you can ask for something like 12 per hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lethbridge, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lethbridge, AB

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in July 2012.

Contacted by phone, after an in-person resume hand in. Was asked various questions and qualifications.
    Given a few weeks for the group interview process.
    Interview just asking basic questions, tour of building, didn't seem much care for employees.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was needed, pay wasn't the best, but needed a job.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy in May 2012.

No technical questions asked
    No indication on what I would work on there
    No pre interview over the phone
    HR was not even involved.

Very unprofessional company

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. Catharines, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. Catharines, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2011.

Was in a very noisy environment. Some of the staff were walking around and making jokes with the interviewer. Kind of nerve racking maybe for some people. The questions were very easy and only required you to standardly answer them. Nothing too special about the interview.

None

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2008.

A quick phone interview got me to the in person interview which was the very next day. I showed up early, and was looked at strangely. I thought it was the usual to show up 15 minutes before the interview.
    First, I was given a more in depth review of the position, then had two people interview me before being taken to the head manager for another interview. The questions were simple, and basically guided. They knew the answers they wanted, and gave them to me in their tone or in their words. It was a simple enough interview and everyone was nice enough. The process laster about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions
    • what do you see being the most difficult part of this position?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Best Buy.

Make sure you mention how you are highly team oriented, friendly, organized, high energy and love the latest and greatest technology. They will more than likely hire you in the holiday season make sure you show up everyday ready to help crazy holiday people if you can make it through with your sanity you'll do well.

None

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

One interview, background check, and drug test. Standard retail interview. Most of the questions are situational questions. They will also most likely ask about your willingness to work the holidays and other peak business times.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer, how you handled it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because I was excited to be making more than minimum wage. They pay was decent for a college student with very little job experience.