Bed Bath & Beyond

2.1

Everyone Starts the Same, Cashier, Than Maybe Floor Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartmouth, NS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartmouth, NS

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Hiring process, interview pretty simple, training process can be intense, covers every aspect of the company. Looking for positive energetic people, and most of all provide the best customer service. Customer service is the core of bed bath and beyond

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any difficult question, Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    none

Hard Side Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in November 2012.

Job fair for new store. Hired triple the amount of people they were going to keep and during the two week opening process if you didn't make an impression with at least half of the six managers you weren't staying.

Non-existent. Take what they offer or don't take it at all.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in June 2012.

I went in to ask if they were hiring at the moment, the worker gave me an application form to fill out. after filling it out, they had to page the manager down to talk to me (they do this to everyone who hands in an application) the manager briefly looked over my application and resume and asked me a few questions. (why there was such a large gap between my last job and now, and what kind of work i was looking for: PT/FT?) after answering these few simple questions he told me to come in the next day for an interview.
    i went back the next day for my interview and he lead me to his office.
    question 1: why bed bath & beyond?
    question 2: what were my duties in my previous jobs?
    question 3: tell me about a time in which i received great customer service.
    question 4: tell me a time in a previous job where i dealt with a irritated customer and how i handled it.
    question 5: where i would rather work, on the floor or on cash register.
    question 6: 3 words how my friends would describe me.
    question 7: how my previous employer would describe me.
    question 8: if i would be able to handle climbing up a ladder and carrying things down.
    question 9: my thoughts on shoplifting. then what i would do if i caught a co worker shoplifting. then what i would do if i caught a co worker who i became really good friends with shoplifting?
    then she asked me if i had any questions, and to end it off asked for the number of my reference and told me he would contact me tmr if my reference checked out. i didn't get a call the next day so i thought i must have not gotten the job. but the day after that i got a call and he offered me the job!

Interview Questions
    • none of the questions were hard, this was actually a very easy interview and my interviewer was very nice!   Answer Question
    i don't have much experience and i wasn't in a position to negotiate so i accepted the $10.50/hour -- which i thought was good, i thought i was going to get minimum wage!

Sales Associate Interview

Short and simple nothing too complicated general background, showed up business casual interviews and hired on the spot with a few others, no reference or background check, a week or so training on procedures and products and another week floor training

Intern Interview

Got referred by a neighbor. The process took a while because they were figuring out how many interns they could hire.I came in and interviewed with 3 different departments, about 20 minutes each. In between the hiring manager would come in and check on me.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions- strengths, weaknesses, why you   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Filled out application. Received a call back in a day or two for interview. Met with operations manager and I was clearly over dressed. Appointment for 2nd interview for next day. Met with store manager and was offered position.

There was really no negotiation

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Very basic, applied online received an email from the HR manager. Then spent a few days tracking her down. I had a phone interview then met with the DM then the RM. Was told they would make a decision the same day. I was offered the job 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    I told them the salary I wanted and they agreed.

Soft Side Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

I turned in an application and got a call back about two weeks later. The interview was very laid back and to the point. I was asked a variety of questions by the first manager. A second manager came in and asked me to sell a sharpie marker to him. I was offered a job before I left the interview.

Assistant Planner Interview

I went on one interview that lasted 3.5 hours. I met with five different people from the planning department. Three out of five spoke to me in a condescending tone and were extremely chauvinistic. Even if I got the job offer, I would have thought twice about taking the position. It was not a very welcoming atmosphere for women.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you analytical? I thought I answered that question adequately, but I suppose they were looking for a different answer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in October 2014.

I got a call for an interview within a day of applying. I met a manager and then another hiring manager who asked me more specific questions. They offered me the part-time position then and there. I'm about to accept it.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me to describe an instance where an employee could go above and beyond in helping a customer. I gave an answer but then he redundantly asked it again in another way which was frustrating.   Answer Question