Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions

Updated 12 Apr, 2015
Updated 12 Apr, 2015

2.1

Everyone Starts the Same, Cashier, Than Maybe Floor Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Dartmouth, NS).

Interview

Hiring process, interview pretty simple, training process can be intense, covers every aspect of the company. Looking for positive energetic people, and most of all provide the best customer service. Customer service is the core of bed bath and beyond

Interview Questions

• I did not find any difficult question, Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Hard Side Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in November 2012.

Interview

Job fair for new store. Hired triple the amount of people they were going to keep and during the two week opening process if you didn't make an impression with at least half of the six managers you weren't staying.

Negotiation

Non-existent. Take what they offer or don't take it at all.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Edmonton, AB) in June 2012.

Interview

I went in to ask if they were hiring at the moment, the worker gave me an application form to fill out. after filling it out, they had to page the manager down to talk to me (they do this to everyone who hands in an application) the manager briefly looked over my application and resume and asked me a few questions. (why there was such a large gap between my last job and now, and what kind of work i was looking for: PT/FT?) after answering these few simple questions he told me to come in the next day for an interview.
    i went back the next day for my interview and he lead me to his office.
    question 1: why bed bath & beyond?
    question 2: what were my duties in my previous jobs?
    question 3: tell me about a time in which i received great customer service.
    question 4: tell me a time in a previous job where i dealt with a irritated customer and how i handled it.
    question 5: where i would rather work, on the floor or on cash register.
    question 6: 3 words how my friends would describe me.
    question 7: how my previous employer would describe me.
    question 8: if i would be able to handle climbing up a ladder and carrying things down.
    question 9: my thoughts on shoplifting. then what i would do if i caught a co worker shoplifting. then what i would do if i caught a co worker who i became really good friends with shoplifting?
    then she asked me if i had any questions, and to end it off asked for the number of my reference and told me he would contact me tmr if my reference checked out. i didn't get a call the next day so i thought i must have not gotten the job. but the day after that i got a call and he offered me the job!

Interview Questions

• none of the questions were hard, this was actually a very easy interview and my interviewer was very nice!   Answer Question

Negotiation

i don't have much experience and i wasn't in a position to negotiate so i accepted the $10.50/hour -- which i thought was good, i thought i was going to get minimum wage!

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (North Vancouver, BC) in June 2010.

Interview

Standard interview, usual questions.
    Nothing I haven't been asked before.

There were two interviews for a mass hire they would use to open the store. First interview was with a manager, and second was with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult experience you had with a previous manager?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you witnessed a co-worker stealing?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me $10/hr (which at the time was $2 above minimum wage) and explained that it would be guaranteed shifts for the first 2 weeks during a store opening and that I may not be kept past that.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Torrance, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied and within a couple weeks was asked back for an interview. It only took up to 10 minutes with the Store Manager who was polite, professional and kind.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Warwick, RI (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied in person on April 9th, got set up for an interview date on the spot for the next day at 10am. Was interviewed by a supervisor and manager on same day. The interview started off with questions about my previous job then general interview questions. Got a call back on the 14th being offered a position

Interview Questions

• Why are you not working at your pervious job?   Answer Question
    • What are some things you had to do at your previous job?   Answer Question
    • If you were busy stocking a shelf and you received a walkie from a supervisor asking you to come to the office as soon as possible but a customer needed help with something what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If a couple came in looking to create a Wedding Registry, how would you start the process?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

They called me over the phone and asked me the general intervew questions. Then we scheduled a face to face interview. It lasted about an hour. It was a standard retail interview. There was a short video and a question and answer after it. Then there was yet another interview! Then I was hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Marina, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

One on one general questionsasked questions on jb history. Why I would like to be employed their,Where I see myself in five years. I asked about benefits and job security.

Interview Questions

• Gaps in unemployment, experience in retail   1 Answer
    • I felt the interview went well,I felt a little nervous, not sure how to answer back ground check.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Webster, NY (US)).

Interview

So after going into the store and filling out a paper application (I also included my own resume attached) I waited a few days to see if they'd reach out. Based on my interactions with the employees and the stack of blank applications they had sitting by the entrance, it was pretty apparent that they were in need of hiring some new staff.

I called back after about a week and was told that the manager was unavailable but to call back later on to schedule an interview. I called back 2 days later and scheduled my interview for a Saturday morning. I dressed in business casual attire and was very professional throughout. Upon entering the store and indicating that I was there for an interview, I was told the manager wasn't in yet but if I was available to come back in at 2PM there was a chance she could squeeze me in for an interview.

At this point, I was annoyed because I had already canceled plans I had for the day for this first interview and now had to delay my day more for it again.

I show up at 2PM only to find out the manager never showed (or at least that's what I was told). No one even had the decency to call me on the number listed on my application to let me know that the interview would have to be rescheduled for a 2nd time. I left visibly annoyed with no intentions of rescheduling.

A few days later I get a call from what is allegedly the manager apologizing for the confusion and asking if I could come in on a Thursday ( I am a student and had to skip class) for an interview. I agree and show up at the date and time selected by the manager. I waited for about 25 minutes before I was finally taken to the back offices. My interview was conducted standing up by a copy machine and lasted about 10 minutes.

I left under the impression that while I nailed my interview and probably exceeded the expectations of what they were expecting of a young person applying for a retail position, there was absolutely no way I was getting hired.

I was correct. I never received a phone call email or any communication from the store manager or any associates again.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?
      Do you have previous retail experience?

Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with an HR manager and then the District Manager. I was immediately turned off with the fact that I was interviewing for a "management" position and neither one of them had even read my resume, cover letter or application prior to the interview. I had applied on-line and then contacted by a recruiter to set up an interview. The location I had applied for (listed in the job posting and discussed with the recruiter) was not even open and I was told the location I would be interviewing for was in a completely different city. A brief overview of the job and what it's requirements were not even explained until I asked This interview was a complete waste of time.
    Just an Fyi...a Dept. Manager doesn't just manage one Dept. and they manage no employees. If you really want a job there, make sure you emphasize repeatedly that you LOVE LOVE LOVE merchandising. That's what they want to hear.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you didn't follow company guidelines?   1 Answer