Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions

2.1

Everyone Starts the Same, Cashier, Than Maybe Floor Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartmouth, NS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartmouth, NS

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Hiring process, interview pretty simple, training process can be intense, covers every aspect of the company. Looking for positive energetic people, and most of all provide the best customer service. Customer service is the core of bed bath and beyond

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any difficult question, Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    none

Hard Side Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in November 2012.

Job fair for new store. Hired triple the amount of people they were going to keep and during the two week opening process if you didn't make an impression with at least half of the six managers you weren't staying.

Non-existent. Take what they offer or don't take it at all.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in June 2012.

I went in to ask if they were hiring at the moment, the worker gave me an application form to fill out. after filling it out, they had to page the manager down to talk to me (they do this to everyone who hands in an application) the manager briefly looked over my application and resume and asked me a few questions. (why there was such a large gap between my last job and now, and what kind of work i was looking for: PT/FT?) after answering these few simple questions he told me to come in the next day for an interview.
    i went back the next day for my interview and he lead me to his office.
    question 1: why bed bath & beyond?
    question 2: what were my duties in my previous jobs?
    question 3: tell me about a time in which i received great customer service.
    question 4: tell me a time in a previous job where i dealt with a irritated customer and how i handled it.
    question 5: where i would rather work, on the floor or on cash register.
    question 6: 3 words how my friends would describe me.
    question 7: how my previous employer would describe me.
    question 8: if i would be able to handle climbing up a ladder and carrying things down.
    question 9: my thoughts on shoplifting. then what i would do if i caught a co worker shoplifting. then what i would do if i caught a co worker who i became really good friends with shoplifting?
    then she asked me if i had any questions, and to end it off asked for the number of my reference and told me he would contact me tmr if my reference checked out. i didn't get a call the next day so i thought i must have not gotten the job. but the day after that i got a call and he offered me the job!

Interview Questions
    • none of the questions were hard, this was actually a very easy interview and my interviewer was very nice!   Answer Question
    i don't have much experience and i wasn't in a position to negotiate so i accepted the $10.50/hour -- which i thought was good, i thought i was going to get minimum wage!

Soft Side Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

I turned in an application and got a call back about two weeks later. The interview was very laid back and to the point. I was asked a variety of questions by the first manager. A second manager came in and asked me to sell a sharpie marker to him. I was offered a job before I left the interview.

Assistant Planner Interview

I went on one interview that lasted 3.5 hours. I met with five different people from the planning department. Three out of five spoke to me in a condescending tone and were extremely chauvinistic. Even if I got the job offer, I would have thought twice about taking the position. It was not a very welcoming atmosphere for women.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you analytical? I thought I answered that question adequately, but I suppose they were looking for a different answer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in October 2014.

I got a call for an interview within a day of applying. I met a manager and then another hiring manager who asked me more specific questions. They offered me the part-time position then and there. I'm about to accept it.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me to describe an instance where an employee could go above and beyond in helping a customer. I gave an answer but then he redundantly asked it again in another way which was frustrating.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in October 2014.

I filled out an application on-line and got a call about a week later to come in for an interview. I met with the manager and was asked basic questions: "Why do you want to work here?" , "How would you help a customer that was filling out a bridal registry?"
    I was asked my availability and told that I would have to be interviewed by a second manager and I should be hearing from them in the next couple of days to schedule.

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Took a few weeks but their decision was quick. I started with an online application. I waited about 2 weeks then received and email that they wanted to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went well but most questions were about my knowledge of the company. They got back to me quick with a denial via email.

Department Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

This was a very slow and lengthy process. There were three different interviews. It took a long time between each one and even just to get the first initial one.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you think you would fit in best in this store?   Answer Question

The salary/hour average is at 47 instead of 40
    It's very physically demanding
    Long shifts, extremely early and very very late

Overnight Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in August 2014.

The interview was pretty simple and nothing hard. It was short like 15-20min. The manager just talked about the position and asked me what I did at my previous job and why I left.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your previous job? What did you do at your previous job?   Answer Question

This was for personal reasons on my behalf.