Bed Bath & Beyond

205 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Everyone Starts the Same, Cashier, Than Maybe Floor Position Interview

Dartmouth, NS

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details Hiring process, interview pretty simple, training process can be intense, covers every aspect of the company. Looking for positive energetic people, and most of all provide the best customer service. Customer service is the core of bed bath and beyond

Interview Question – I did not find any difficult question, Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Hard Side Associate Interview

Hard Side Associate

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in November 2012.

Interview Details Job fair for new store. Hired triple the amount of people they were going to keep and during the two week opening process if you didn't make an impression with at least half of the six managers you weren't staying.

Negotiation Details – Non-existent. Take what they offer or don't take it at all.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Edmonton, AB

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in June 2012.

Interview Details I went in to ask if they were hiring at the moment, the worker gave me an application form to fill out. after filling it out, they had to page the manager down to talk to me (they do this to everyone who hands in an application) the manager briefly looked over my application and resume and asked me a few questions. (why there was such a large gap between my last job and now, and what kind of work i was looking for: PT/FT?) after answering these few simple questions he told me to come in the next day for an interview.
i went back the next day for my interview and he lead me to his office.
question 1: why bed bath & beyond?
question 2: what were my duties in my previous jobs?
question 3: tell me about a time in which i received great customer service.
question 4: tell me a time in a previous job where i dealt with a irritated customer and how i handled it.
question 5: where i would rather work, on the floor or on cash register.
question 6: 3 words how my friends would describe me.
question 7: how my previous employer would describe me.
question 8: if i would be able to handle climbing up a ladder and carrying things down.
question 9: my thoughts on shoplifting. then what i would do if i caught a co worker shoplifting. then what i would do if i caught a co worker who i became really good friends with shoplifting?
then she asked me if i had any questions, and to end it off asked for the number of my reference and told me he would contact me tmr if my reference checked out. i didn't get a call the next day so i thought i must have not gotten the job. but the day after that i got a call and he offered me the job!

Interview Question – none of the questions were hard, this was actually a very easy interview and my interviewer was very nice!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i don't have much experience and i wasn't in a position to negotiate so i accepted the $10.50/hour -- which i thought was good, i thought i was going to get minimum wage!

Department Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details You will typically go through 3 interviews. One, on the phone with the HR Lead; one with a Store Manager; and one with the District Manager. They will mostly ask you your past experiences in the work force and why you made the decision to want to work with BBBY.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. Same "by the book" new hire interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are pretty stern on the offer given out.

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details Easy interview... 1 interview with a manager and then another with the store manager.

Interview Question – Easy questions. These days, they will hire anyone. They used to be more selective in the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We negotiated at the starting pay based on a promise to me that my job was a full time position with room to advance and that after the typical 3 month time period and training, we would re-negotiate. This never happened.

Store Manager Interview

Boca Raton, FL (US)

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details Due to turnover they are always looking for managers which should have served as a warning to me. I had two interviews and the whole process took only 10 days. My first interview was with a district hr manager then the final was with a district manager. The district manager kept getting interrupted during my interview by phone calls and employee questions which was not professional .

Interview Question – Questions were all generic and typical of any interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was more than I was currently making so I was satisfied .

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

San Mateo, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in January 2011.

Interview Details Easy interview basic customer service questions based on how to respond to customer X when they have certain issues.

Interview Question – If a co-worker would steal what options do you have?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Soft Side/Hard Side Sales Associate, Bridal Consultant, Stock Replenishment, Customer Service Associate Interview

Carbondale, IL (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in November 2010.

Interview Details I had to apply three times before I even got called in for an interview.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Regional Fulfillment Interview

Tustin, CA (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in May 2013.

Interview Details Just left my job as a host for a restaurant and noticed BBB was hiring the interview was pretty normal as far as reviews, why do you want to work here, what do you have to offer, what are your future goals etc.

Interview Question – They will give you a scenario question with having to help a customer or doing your normal job, always the customer first because they are a customer oriented store   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – asked how much was my last job and gave me a better hourly pay

Warehouse Interview

Pendergrass, GA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in August 2012.

Interview Details interview went well - seen by 3 managers

Interview Question – nothing unexpected- same questions as everywhere else   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bed Bath & Beyond

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bed Bath & Beyond interview questions and advice. All 205 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Bed Bath & Beyond employees and interview candidates.