Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions

2.1

Everyone Starts the Same, Cashier, Than Maybe Floor Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dartmouth, NS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartmouth, NS

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Hiring process, interview pretty simple, training process can be intense, covers every aspect of the company. Looking for positive energetic people, and most of all provide the best customer service. Customer service is the core of bed bath and beyond

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any difficult question, Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    none

Hard Side Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in November 2012.

Job fair for new store. Hired triple the amount of people they were going to keep and during the two week opening process if you didn't make an impression with at least half of the six managers you weren't staying.

Non-existent. Take what they offer or don't take it at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in June 2012.

I went in to ask if they were hiring at the moment, the worker gave me an application form to fill out. after filling it out, they had to page the manager down to talk to me (they do this to everyone who hands in an application) the manager briefly looked over my application and resume and asked me a few questions. (why there was such a large gap between my last job and now, and what kind of work i was looking for: PT/FT?) after answering these few simple questions he told me to come in the next day for an interview.
    i went back the next day for my interview and he lead me to his office.
    question 1: why bed bath & beyond?
    question 2: what were my duties in my previous jobs?
    question 3: tell me about a time in which i received great customer service.
    question 4: tell me a time in a previous job where i dealt with a irritated customer and how i handled it.
    question 5: where i would rather work, on the floor or on cash register.
    question 6: 3 words how my friends would describe me.
    question 7: how my previous employer would describe me.
    question 8: if i would be able to handle climbing up a ladder and carrying things down.
    question 9: my thoughts on shoplifting. then what i would do if i caught a co worker shoplifting. then what i would do if i caught a co worker who i became really good friends with shoplifting?
    then she asked me if i had any questions, and to end it off asked for the number of my reference and told me he would contact me tmr if my reference checked out. i didn't get a call the next day so i thought i must have not gotten the job. but the day after that i got a call and he offered me the job!

Interview Questions
    • none of the questions were hard, this was actually a very easy interview and my interviewer was very nice!   Answer Question
    i don't have much experience and i wasn't in a position to negotiate so i accepted the $10.50/hour -- which i thought was good, i thought i was going to get minimum wage!

Department Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2011.

Typical Q&A regarding background and aspirations. Miss lead the possibility of advancement which entail a great deal of office politics and favoritism. The Q&A is just a formaluity to obtain warm bodies in the revolving door of personal.

Interview Questions
    • What is your 5 year goal? But never explain how that goal is achieved.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

This was a very slow and lengthy process. There were three different interviews. It took a long time between each one and even just to get the first initial one.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you think you would fit in best in this store?   Answer Question

The salary/hour average is at 47 instead of 40
    It's very physically demanding
    Long shifts, extremely early and very very late

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in May 2010.

Handed in application to manager. Asked to take assessment test followed by a 1:1 interview. Rather easy interview. Heard back in a couple of days. Meet with the staff and Vice President. Training took a week.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2013.

I applied online and was called in for an interview. I went in to the customer service desk where I waited for the interviewer. After waiting for awhile I was told I could wait at the wedding consultant desk, which is where I was interviewed when the interviewer was ready. It was a little noisy since we were out in the store and right by the cash registers and doors.

Interview Questions
    • Think of something you have bought recently, and tell me why I should buy one.   Answer Question

Overnight Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in August 2014.

The interview was pretty simple and nothing hard. It was short like 15-20min. The manager just talked about the position and asked me what I did at my previous job and why I left.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your previous job? What did you do at your previous job?   Answer Question

This was for personal reasons on my behalf.

Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2012.

I applied for the job in store and I Got a call in about a week later. Went in for interview. Talks to three different managers. Got a call and offered the job about a week later. Very friendly and easygoing interview. One on one with managers, they would rotate to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • What did you not like about your previous work environment?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Just dropped off my resume and spoke to a manager that day. Structured interview with mock senarios dealing with customer service. Pleasant and not too difficult. Part-time hours are less accommodating so be sure to have a flexible schedule including weekends.

Needed better hours.

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!