Barclays Capital

Updated 18 Nov, 2014
Updated 18 Nov, 2014

3.1

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

1. Online Application
    2. Online Test: Numerical and Verbal
    3. Telephone Interview: Competency Based
    4. Assessment Centre: Full Day. Case study, technical interview, competency interview, team exercises.
     Overall impression: Very friendly and helpful recruitment process.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Since I came from an engineering background with no finance experience they asked me what mathematical model can I use to describe a financial concept of my choice.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

The hiring process took a long time. Interviews were not bad at all. I was able to bypass most of the process through keeping in constant contact with my hiring manager who then basically considered this correspondence as an interview, life is an interview after all =). Make sure to stay current on financial news, know the company's strengths/weaknesses, be able to sell yourself, research and learn as much about your position as possible.

One could probably negotiate as competitors in the area pay slightly more. However, take into consideration that you will likely get 10+ hours of overtime every week which adds an extra 10-20k to the base salary.

Operation Summer Interview

Online application and assessment with shl and verbal test. Phone interview pretty standard. One-day assessment centre with group exercise, case study and one face-to-face interview which was competency based. Also there were paper tests similar to the on-line ones.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me three major events going on in the world at the moment and how it could affect Barclays   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

First round interview: On campus
    1. Why do you want to be a trader
    Second round interview: Barcap NY office
    - Two 30 min interview
      First: Behavioral Interview
      Second: Some mental math / probability
                    Simple questions about market

Interview process is very straightforward. As long as you can explain why interested in trading, you will easily pass on to the final round

Interview Questions
    • 1. Estimate sqaure root of 1000
      2. What do you think is the most important
        Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

First stage is done via Online application and Online tests. If you passed it, you will be invited to a 30 mints telephone interview. It took me about a month till I was invited for an interview since I completed the online tests. The last stage is the Accessmen Center including numerical test and 1:1 interview. The very next day I got an offer but a few other people who were at the same accessment center got offers after 3-4 days.

Interview Questions
    • They asked questions about your ethics and what you would feel in certain situations.
      E.g. How would you feel if your friend behave unethically?
        Answer Question

Junior Portfolio Manager Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

The interview process begins with a preliminary phone interview then progresses to a case interview. Behavioral interviews are relatively straight forward. They ask about your personality and how you'll handle stressful situations. The interview process involves a second interview which has you compete with others by review a company's financials and making a report and then recommendation on appropriate actions give its standings.

Interview Questions
    • It was very conversational. There were no curve ball questions. It was targeted to see if you're a balanced person and had experience in portfolio management. Questions were similar to "what have you been doing lately?" "What does your experience tell me about your personality?"   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Applied mid September. Phone interview first after 2 weeks of the application straight up competency questions. After a week got invited to the assessment centre. First a group activity after that a series of interviews which had elements of competency but mostly focused on brainteasers, which were standard questions like 2 bullets loaded into a revolver, is it better to shoot one more time or re roll the bullets.

KYC Refresh Analyst Interview

Interviewed with 3 managers. They were concerned about previous experience. It took a long time to get an offer but start date was quickly after the offer was made. Managers seem concerned about fit with the team. The description of the position wasn't exactly accurate

Boot Camp Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

receive phone interview after online application. It's basically all about the resume. The call is from an alumni, so we also talk about our school. I thought everything went well but I end up didn't get an offer.

Summer2015 IBD Interview

First round IW on the phone. Merely strength based. No real conversation, makes you feel uncomfortable. Questions were partially nonsense. They seemed to be in a rush, called me one evening for some questions, scheduled interview the day after. Did not hear back from them (2W+). Overall process took approximately 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Are you proud when you explain something to others and they get yopur point?   Answer Question