Barclays Capital

388 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details 1. Online Application
2. Online Test: Numerical and Verbal
3. Telephone Interview: Competency Based
4. Assessment Centre: Full Day. Case study, technical interview, competency interview, team exercises.
 Overall impression: Very friendly and helpful recruitment process.

Interview Question – 1. Since I came from an engineering background with no finance experience they asked me what mathematical model can I use to describe a financial concept of my choice.   Answer Question

Global Technology Analyst Interview

Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2011.

Interview Details Initial communication vague as to nature of the work. Understandable considering the company in question. Work ethic, attitude and willingness to learn were valued more in the entire process than almost any other factor. Panel is approachable and friendly and interested in listening to whatever you have to say. They are looking for high performers who'll add value to the work they do as well as the company culture.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to work weekends or late nights?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Vague nature of the work and shift work.

Vice President, IT Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Barclays Capital in August 2011.

Interview Details Interviews are somewhat incosistent accross the board and like in many companies it really depends who you get. It's quite important to find out who is the real decission maker. Frequently this will be the hiring manager (and also the first person you interview with apart from HR). If you can succeed with that interview almost everything else is a formality. I've been with the company for a few years and have seen the process from both sides.

Interview Question – The internal training for hiring is not great, so again it depends how much preparation and effort they put in. Sometimes people will ask "smart" questions, but they're usually easy to see through.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The process can be a bit chaotic, it helps if you have something that you can push them with (like a shorter notice period if they get the written offer to you by a certain date).

Documentation Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details Depends on who you interview with. The people I interviewed with that day all seem very knowledgeable and friendly.

Interview Question – There weren't any questions too difficult.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in June 2012.

Interview Details Four interviews. Two with directors

Interview Question – Business knowledge   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be honest with your current wages as they will check.

Vice President IT Project Manager Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2010.

Interview Details five interviews - three with IT and two with business and operations. People were smart, energetic and very friendly.

Interview Question – How do you manage conflicts and what techniques do you use?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very difficult to negotiate with but I went through a headhunter and did get the base bumped up slightly

Vice President PMO Lead Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details Was called 3 separate times for interviews, met with 7 interviewers, a combination of external consultants and internal senior management. This was over a 6 week period. Presentation and execution of interviews was on point with excellent feedback received. Based on the positive feedback received I was lead to believe that an offer would be presented. In the end, the position was given to an internal referral that was not even part of the interviewing process.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult if you know the subject matter and have had prior senior level execution of managing and creating a PMO.   Answer Question

FX Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details Standard bank hiring questions

Negotiation Details – Long and drawn out but standard for banks.

Middle Office Analyst Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in May 2011.

Interview Details 2 rounds - one with senior managers and one with co-workers

Negotiation Details – Got a call from HR and they made me an offer. I did not negotiate.

Corporate Banking Interview

Interviewed at Barclays Capital

Interview Details Applied through University.
The interview process consisted of a Case Study which was provided a few days in advance and normal interview questions.
Interviewers were very friendly and created a positive environment.

Interview Question – Had to know the case study in a very detailed way.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Barclays Capital

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barclays Capital interview questions and advice. All 388 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Barclays Capital employees and interview candidates.