Barclays Capital Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

3.1

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

1. Online Application
    2. Online Test: Numerical and Verbal
    3. Telephone Interview: Competency Based
    4. Assessment Centre: Full Day. Case study, technical interview, competency interview, team exercises.
     Overall impression: Very friendly and helpful recruitment process.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Since I came from an engineering background with no finance experience they asked me what mathematical model can I use to describe a financial concept of my choice.   Answer Question

Product Control - Analyst Interview

Put forward for interview by recruiter. Interview was with team leader (AVP) and product control VP. Questions touched on previous role, career motivations, understanding of role and I was grilled on my technical understanding of my previous role and the role being interviewed for.

First round

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at Barclays Capital in March 2014.

I got the interview via a recruiter. The process took one day. Interview was scheduled one week after the call. Some generic interview questions and then a some programming questions and exercises and some financial maths ones.

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

on campus. 2 thirty minutes easy interviews. Interview was about resume and SQL. with average queries. got result in one week. He asked about a problem that they are currently having. Interviewer explained the schema of the database and he expected to write a few SQL queries on them. The second interview was HR where she asked me about my projects and if they were team or solo, other questions like did u lead, did u have any arguments etc..

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

Standard application The Online Application Form, Online Numerical Reasoning Test, Part 2 of the Online Application Form (for those who meet or exceed the minimum numerical reasoning requirement) Then a telephone interview then assessment center

Interview Questions
    • How would you manage a team? (This is hard as there is no context at all)   Answer Question

Fldp Telephone Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Applied online, Done tests: 1-logical reasoning 2-Numerical 3-verbal .... After this Phone Interview then face to face. Telephone interview was a little but dull. The interviewer was very blunt and it lasted around 30mins. other than that the question were normal and make sure you research the organisation culture etc

Interview Questions
    • Normal Question: Why Barclays, Why Finance, Why this division, Strengths/weaknesses, Example of when you led a team   Answer Question

Rewards Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2013.

Interview process was fast. The interview coordination very slow and caused a lot of delay.
    The background check was outsource to a 3rd party vendor not too sure if they lack a group of competence worker to do the job or are they simply slow in their work

IBD, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Phone screening, then in person interview. I spoke with the HR recruiter and she liked my background so i was called in to interview with 3 people. One of the people cancelled so i met with two. One director and one lower level employee.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

I got a random call from a recruiter, who said that my application was submitted for an Analyst position at Barclays Capital through an internal referral. I agreed to interview the following week, which was a first and final round interview, with a current Analyst and the COO. The interview was surprisingly the most laid back interview I've had, with the COO making a few jokes and making friendly conversation here and there and asking very general interview questions. I've had my fingers crossed for the past month, and it took a full month from the day of the interview, to the time HR followed up to me saying they ultimately selected another candidate. Soul crushing result to a great interview experience.

Here are the questions they asked me:
    Why Barclays?
    Why do you want to work in investment banking?
    What responsibilities of this position excite you?
    How do we know you want to stay with Barclays (and not jump to another company)?
    + A few questions specific to my resume

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Campus recruiting. Two rounds in a row. Two interviews, each one is half an hour. One will ask you technical questions and the other ask you behavior question. One week later the HR will call you about the result and give you offer at that time. You only have two weeks or so to decide.

Interview Questions

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!