Barclays Capital Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr, 2015

3.1

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview

1. Online Application
    2. Online Test: Numerical and Verbal
    3. Telephone Interview: Competency Based
    4. Assessment Centre: Full Day. Case study, technical interview, competency interview, team exercises.
     Overall impression: Very friendly and helpful recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• 1. Since I came from an engineering background with no finance experience they asked me what mathematical model can I use to describe a financial concept of my choice.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview

There is good grilling on technicals but what matters the most is your past experience and steong communication skills. Make sure you are very confident of the things you have written in CV

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with working for long and stressful hours   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview

Got a call for on campus interview. Two rounds each of 30 minutes.Heard back from them within a week. The process took about 7 days. It was mostly behavioral and a few technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions and a few technical questions   Answer Question

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I went through a two-round interview on campus. Interview has both technic questions and behavior questions. Interviews are not too much hard. DO prepare the basic questions of computer science like SQL query and basic data structures.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview

Round1: Online test consisting of 40 questions of multi-choice answer. Total duration to complete the test is one hour. Try to answer 2 choices out of 4 or 5 choices.

Round2: Technical Round of 30 minutes. All the questions will be related to your skill sets. Try to give straight-forward answers. (Not too difficult).

Round3: Managerial Round (Stakeholder Round) of 30-45 minutes. General questioning related to your job profile, your roles and responsibilities, your hobbies, Strength and weaknesses have been asked. Main focus and aim of this round is to check your communication skills, your confidence level and way you respond the answers.

Round4: Technical Round of 30 minutes again. Some more questions related to the Skills set/Projects you shown in your resume are asked.

Round5: Process Manager’s/Stakeholder Round. More focus is on the way you implement the projects. The challenges you faced for your current projects. Yours current role and responsibilities in the organization etc. (Be very confident answering the questions because this is very critical round).

Round6: HR Round. Just the normal round means the salary expectations, notice period etc things are discussed here. Be prepared for this round too.

Interview Questions

• Why have you chosen to apply to this particular role and why at Barclays?   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview

1st round was a typical S&T phone interview; opinion based market question, why Barclays, and etc. Superday was all fit/behavioral, very relaxed and engaging. Very welcoming culture and interviews were more of a conversation than a typical Q&A interview. If you're smart, personable and enthusiastic you should do well when interviewing at Barclays.

Interview Questions

• Who has had the biggest impact on you life?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview

First round was two phone interviews w/ analysts and associates. Second round was an "informational interview" with VPs. Final round was four back-to-back skype interviews with the team in the regional office.

Interview Questions

• I was asked multiple brain teasers, asked why I was interested in finance even though I haven't had any prior experience nor relevant classes.   1 Answer

Trading Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview

one telephone interview with HR with all the fit questions: describe a time when you help others, what would you do if one of your friends does something unethical. Then I got an AC, which contain a trading game and 3-4 one-to-one interview. The one-to-one is half fit question and half technical question. The technical is not very hard and about the news.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the total number of cars in UK.   4 Answers

Technology Spring Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, invited to inductive reasoning tests. First and second round phone interviews, and an offer a day after second round. All questions during the process were strength-based, no technicals at all. Make sure to show examples of how you share the 5 key values of Barclays, show that you can work well in a team and that you can think for yourself. Ensure that you have strong industry knowledge.

Interview Questions

• How motivated are you to further your career?
      How would you present complex information so that everyone can understand?
      How important is technology in investment banking?
      Would your friends go to you for advice? Why?

Answer Question

Sourcing - Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2015.

Interview

The entire process was really fast, resume screening was done within 1 week after deadline and phone interview was scheduled right at the beginning of the 2nd week. If successful, AC happened 2 days after that. In general, the whole process was challenging but tricky questions can be solved if applicant prepares beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever encountered an unethical situation?   1 Answer
    • Group activity: shift tiles of different color to form the given pattern.   1 Answer