Barclays Capital Interview Questions

Finance Analyst Interview

1. Online Application
    2. Online Test: Numerical and Verbal
    3. Telephone Interview: Competency Based
    4. Assessment Centre: Full Day. Case study, technical interview, competency interview, team exercises.
     Overall impression: Very friendly and helpful recruitment process.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Since I came from an engineering background with no finance experience they asked me what mathematical model can I use to describe a financial concept of my choice.   Answer Question

Summer2015 IBD Interview

First round IW on the phone. Merely strength based. No real conversation, makes you feel uncomfortable. Questions were partially nonsense. They seemed to be in a rush, called me one evening for some questions, scheduled interview the day after. Did not hear back from them (2W+). Overall process took approximately 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Are you proud when you explain something to others and they get yopur point?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Lots of short competency questions
    Short, about 20 minutes
    Interviewer has a set of questions, no way to interact with them outside these questions
    Be ready for a lot of questions about your team abilities, leadership experience, and to explain your academic choices.
    Interviewer was not from the desk, but HR

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Phone interview. It was easy, relaxing. Not too tough. I was asked to walk them through my resume. That's about yet.

Interview Questions
    Entry level, not too much to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Applications had to be made online in whcih details had to be given regarding academics and extra achievements. And also, write a bit about yourself and also about Barclays.
    1. After shortlisting 1st round was IQ/Aptitude test
    2. Second round was group discussions on technical topics
    3. Then there were 1 to 1 interviews, I HR interview for 45 min 1 technical interview for 30 min

Went for further studies

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Did the usual tests and had the telephone interview. Was asked in the phone interview to mention 3 current affair topics. Was progressed to the assessment day. We had a buffet lunch and everyone was very friendly. I performed well in the individual assignment but not as well in the group assignment which was a puzzle I found quite difficult. Was chosen at random at the end of the assessment day to complete a numerical test.

Interview Questions
    • The group project was quite difficult but our team had a brainy engineer who helped us solve the puzzle within minutes.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

The selection process started with initial discussion, followed by detail technical interview, Which was followed by a brief manager interview and later stages followed up with senior manager interview to understand the overall attributes of the person. Followed with HR interview and then thourough back ground checks and offer letter and visa processing.

Interview Questions
    • senior management expectation about generic project outlook   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Starts with resume drop. Then, first round was a 30 min fit interview. Second round was three 30 minute interviews. One stock pitch, one technical (financial statements etc), one behavioral.

Summer Analyst Interview

First round phone interview. Followed by assessment centre which comprises of interviews, group activity, and a case presentation.
    Interviews are mostly fit and behavioral based questions. Case presentation was more technical.

Product Control - Analyst Interview

Put forward for interview by recruiter. Interview was with team leader (AVP) and product control VP. Questions touched on previous role, career motivations, understanding of role and I was grilled on my technical understanding of my previous role and the role being interviewed for.

First round