Barclays Capital

404 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details 1. Online Application
2. Online Test: Numerical and Verbal
3. Telephone Interview: Competency Based
4. Assessment Centre: Full Day. Case study, technical interview, competency interview, team exercises.
 Overall impression: Very friendly and helpful recruitment process.

Interview Question – 1. Since I came from an engineering background with no finance experience they asked me what mathematical model can I use to describe a financial concept of my choice.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Rewards Specialist Interview

Rewards Specialist

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2013.

Interview Details Interview process was fast. The interview coordination very slow and caused a lot of delay.
The background check was outsource to a 3rd party vendor not too sure if they lack a group of competence worker to do the job or are they simply slow in their work

IBD, Analyst Interview

IBD, Analyst
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details Phone screening, then in person interview. I spoke with the HR recruiter and she liked my background so i was called in to interview with 3 people. One of the people cancelled so i met with two. One director and one lower level employee.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details I got a random call from a recruiter, who said that my application was submitted for an Analyst position at Barclays Capital through an internal referral. I agreed to interview the following week, which was a first and final round interview, with a current Analyst and the COO. The interview was surprisingly the most laid back interview I've had, with the COO making a few jokes and making friendly conversation here and there and asking very general interview questions. I've had my fingers crossed for the past month, and it took a full month from the day of the interview, to the time HR followed up to me saying they ultimately selected another candidate. Soul crushing result to a great interview experience.

Here are the questions they asked me:
Why Barclays?
Why do you want to work in investment banking?
What responsibilities of this position excite you?
How do we know you want to stay with Barclays (and not jump to another company)?
+ A few questions specific to my resume

Interview Question – How do we know you want to stay with Barclays?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details Campus recruiting. Two rounds in a row. Two interviews, each one is half an hour. One will ask you technical questions and the other ask you behavior question. One week later the HR will call you about the result and give you offer at that time. You only have two weeks or so to decide.

Interview Question – The technical question, I didn't really get it then.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2012.

Interview Details Stage 1:
No Basic Numerical and Competency Online Tests,
Only Short essay questions submitted online,

Stage 2:
Following a call from the firm, face to face interviews are arranged.

First interview a 1-2 (With an Analyst and a VP) focusing mainly on Technical questions revolving Corp Finance and Accounting concepts (focused on ratios and their applications).

Second interview 1-1 (With a Higher Mnmgt) Fewer Technical Questions, More Personality and Fit questions, General knowledge questions involving recent financial news, Interviewers would also dig deep into your motivations behind getting this job. Therefore, be sure to show a genuine interest in wanting to get this role.

Interview Question – Limitations of difference financial ratios/ multiples and when to use them. e.g. EBITDA and Price Multiples. When to use Levered and Unlevered beta etc.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2010.

Interview Details Hiring process goes as follows:
15 minute general interview
2x face to face interview

Very professional and very well mannered people. They'll look at your CV and ask question on the projects you've worked on before

Interview Question – The most difficult question is about the technical expertise one has had and the effort it took to accomplish goals   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation as the offer was more than enough

Client Valuations Analyst Interview

Client Valuations Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details 2 stage process - 1 with hiring manager and 1 with dept head. Competency based interview and they asks questions to see if you fit within the team, e.g. what is your weakness? tell me a process improvement that you have made?

Interview Question – Mainly competency focused and what i did in my previous roles.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate a higher rate - the manager took off 10% once i signed the contract.

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details Barclays HR actively goes to various schools for campus recruitment, especially in the tristate area. Interested candidates can fill out the application and submit their resume online. Cover letter is optional. Shortlisted candidates will have a first round interview on campus with two VPs, usually they last for about 30 min each. If the campus interviews go well, Barclays will invite the selected candidates to New York for onsite interviews. There are a total of 3 rounds, and they last around 30-45min each.

Interview Question – If a user finds an error in your application, you have tried many times yet still unable to find it. What do you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations as grad salaries are standard across the bank

Product Control Interview

Product Control

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in May 2014.

Interview Details Two interviews - initial interview predominantly around softer skills (if you were in this scenario, what would you do)and second interview was more technical based (such as describe how an interest rate swap works, what are the accounting entries for an interest rate swap)

Interview Question – Technical knowledge about derivatives and commodities market   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was handled by the recruiter

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!