Bank of America

Getting the Interview

22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller Operations Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details I was an internal applicant, as they don't tend to hire management outside. I was a teller for a little over 6 months (with 5+ years retail management experience prior), before applying for promotion. Interview had little focus on sales, more focus on coaching and training experience, as the job expectation is to train the tellers. As a teller they expect you to exceed referral goals, and have perfect attendance with no latencies. Interviewed with Manager and Assistant Manager. Was supposed to have a 2nd interview with the Market Manager, but their schedule was full, so I was promoted after just one interview.

Interview Question – How would you exceed branch goals and expectations for teller referrals? / Role play coaching situations with tellers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offers will vary drastically based on location. I spoke with my manager a few days before the interview, we agreed that 40k would be acceptable, and that was the offer made after the interview.

Teller Operations Specialist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details Initial interview is a group interview, 11-15 candidates, 5-8 managers, filling multiple positions. Banking Center have sales goals to meet, a candidate is more desirable if they can help achieve sales goals.

Interview Question – The interview requires you to sell a product, one that you may know nothing about. So be familiar with their products and make sure you convey the "value" and "relationship" you are building with the customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations.

Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Interview Details Online Assessment
Phone Interview with a recruiter
In person interview with Branch Manager and another employee

Interview Question – How would you teach someone who just wasn't getting a process?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details Went through 3 interviews 2 over the phone and the other at the bank took over two weeks

Interview Question – Not really any difficult questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I went in for a teller operation specialist but they called me and offered me the teller position. I am desperate and needed a job.

Teller Operations Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details There are two interviews, It is super easy as long as you know how to sell yourself

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is none.

Teller Operations Specialist

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details This is primarily an internal position. I started as a part-time teller, then full-time. After a year I was promoted to Sales and Service Specialist. That position is a cross between a teller and a personal banker. This person has to be highly organized! Not only do you have to earn referrals as a teller, but you have to sell at your desk too. A Teller Operations Specialist is mostly operations, behind the teller line. But that also depends on the branch size. I deal with coaching the tellers, and handling all audit procedures. But I also have to sell on the platform side too. To move forward with the bank, as a teller your goals are to balance have a high referral rate, as an SSS, it's the same thing. As a TOS, your operations have to be perfect, your tellers should have a high referral rate as well. As far as the hiring and interview process, it all depends on the management team. One interview was in person and the next was over the phone and lasted maybe 5 minutes. Network with other branches and let your managers know you want to move up.

Interview Question – The most difficult question is always about management. What would you do in this situation and with this staff member? How do you handle coaching to someone who doesn't listen? Those where the tough questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much of one, I asked for more and they said that was it, take it or leave it.

Miami, FL (US)

I applied through other source and the process took a year or more - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2009.

Interview Details I had 3 interviews. First it was phone , then the group interview and then meeting the Assistant Manager and Manger.

Interview Question – What was your weaknesses   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details Recruiter calls you first to see if your cut out for the position. A TOS is 3rd in command and there's times where they run the entire center by themselves. After the recruiter asks you about your performance in sales, they then ask you to give them a time how you handled a difficult situation. Interview process is the similar, how would you motivate tellers to do good in referrals etc. Usually conducted by manager and assistant manager.

Interview Question – What tactics would i use to motivate a teller who is about 70 years old and has been with the bank over 25 years?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2012.

Interview Details online assessment taken- had to pass to move to interview, met the staff answered some of their questions, then spoke with manager- asked what I can bring to the branch, what my challenges would be and what are my experiences have been.

Interview Question – wasn't asked a difficult question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy..i asked for more money, explained why i felt i deserved it and they said okay

Teller Operations Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details Promoted from within.
Interview with corp recruiter, then branch manager.

Interview Question – None, basic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America Teller Operations Specialist interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees and interview candidates.