Bank of America

Updated 29 Nov, 2014

2.7

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

It was a good experience. From the applicaion to the interview they were very concise and informative. It was a pleasant experience. They were clear with the next steps and were always to help out through the process.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Interview with hiring manager, asked a lot of questions about experience and what would be brought to the company and how different situations would be handled if faced with difficult situations.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bank of America.

There is a ton of waiting usually from interview to offer. The interviews are one on one and then you are contacted by HR for additional information and a background check if whomever interviewed you wants you on their team. You should get something back from HR in about a week that contains and offer. However, depending on what may be going on in the department that you interviewed with there could be weeks to months in between when you interview and when HR contacts you.

Interview Questions
    • They were all behavioral questions like "whats your biggest flaw?" pretty standard entry level questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation took place as an entry level position.

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

The whole process was very simple. There was an online portion, which consisted of the application and a personality assessment type quiz. Then a phone interview. Then there was a 1-1 with the recruiter. And the last step was an interview with the hiring manager. All in all the process was straight forward and a one track path.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

There was a phone call from the recruiter. He was extremely nice. There was a face-to-face meeting with the Market Manager as well as the Branch Manager. I received a phone call shortly after the interviews letting me know that I was hired. Overall, it was standard practice for a bank.

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of scenario based questions about performance.   Answer Question
    Not much room to negotiate. Said I was at the top of the pay grade.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

You will submit an application via website and if they like your application a recruiter will e-mail any necessary assessments if they decide to proceed. If you pass the assessments the recruiter will do a phone interview with you and if they like you will set up an interview with who your direct manager would be. In some instances instead of interviewing with the direct manager they will do what is called a round table and you and a few others applying for the same position will interview with a bunch of managers looking to fill the same position. If a manager takes a liking to you they will offer you a position. Round tables are usually done for outside candidates, while one on one interviews are done for internal candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Was currently employed as a Sales Specialist with the bank and was underperforming in my sales categories because I was filling in as the Teller Operations Specialist in her absence. Was asked, "Based on how low your current performance metrics are, why should we hire you?"   View Answer
    They make an offer and make it seem like there is to be no negotiation. However, if you tell them you were looking for a little more they will usually wiggle a little bit but nothing too substantial.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America in May 2014.

Online appliation was submitted, took about three weeks before recving any info from BOA. Finally received a online assessment invite. Completed this and ws then contacted by recurtier to do a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked basic questions in ref. to expeiance, reason for leaving previous job and a basic customer contact question. Next day I was scheduled to attend a face to face with the branch manager. I was told how process would go, expalined the expectations and givin a brief description of the role itself, in addition to some background about BOA. Interview went well sent off for background was told it could take up to nine days and now I'm pending a response.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a teller that was always out of balance,yet all other work was being performed beyond expectations?   View Answer
    Pending background info, no nego as of this moment.

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

I was an internal applicant, as they don't tend to hire management outside. I was a teller for a little over 6 months (with 5+ years retail management experience prior), before applying for promotion. Interview had little focus on sales, more focus on coaching and training experience, as the job expectation is to train the tellers. As a teller they expect you to exceed referral goals, and have perfect attendance with no latencies. Interviewed with Manager and Assistant Manager. Was supposed to have a 2nd interview with the Market Manager, but their schedule was full, so I was promoted after just one interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you exceed branch goals and expectations for teller referrals? / Role play coaching situations with tellers.   Answer Question
    Offers will vary drastically based on location. I spoke with my manager a few days before the interview, we agreed that 40k would be acceptable, and that was the offer made after the interview.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America.

Initial interview is a group interview, 11-15 candidates, 5-8 managers, filling multiple positions. Banking Center have sales goals to meet, a candidate is more desirable if they can help achieve sales goals.

Interview Questions
    • The interview requires you to sell a product, one that you may know nothing about. So be familiar with their products and make sure you convey the "value" and "relationship" you are building with the customer.   Answer Question
    no negotiations.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Went through 3 interviews 2 over the phone and the other at the bank took over two weeks

Interview Questions
    I went in for a teller operation specialist but they called me and offered me the teller position. I am desperate and needed a job.