Bank of America Teller Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct, 2014

2.6

299 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

I applied online and got called for an interview by the branch manager. I went in and he talked for about an hour as I sat there and simply hired me on the spot. I think they are mainly looking for nice people for the front lines.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Teller Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

The process begins with a lengthy application through the Bank of America website. You apply to multiple positions in your area (luckily after you do an app for Teller - or some other position - you can just mass apply). You are then notified via email of a possible group interview; you are required to respond yes/no to this opportunity. Obviously you answer yes, you go to a group interview and are asked to basically go over your resume and answer basic questions (they make you sell them something). If you interview well, they could possibly pull you from the room to interview for a higher position.

Just offered, no negotiation

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interviewed, was called to set an appointment for a group interview which went well considering i was called to do a 1 on 1 interview with a branch manager.

Teller Interview

3 weeks process: Phone -> 1-on-1 ->Then Wait for offer, phone interview are fine. 1-on-1 is the most important one, gotta prepare really well for that and also role play is really hard. Tip: be passionate, smile all the time, don't afraid of rejection

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I had a long experience so I hope this helps someone!
    I was originally contacted for a phone interview mid-May and during the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview with the banking center manager. I attended my interview no more than 3 days later and it was a typical one on one interview. She asked me a few questions, Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a situation where you fixed a problem for a customer, customer service questions. A few days later I was contacted by the background screening investigator but I missed the call on that Friday. I never returned the call because I was busy at work. The very next day I received an email saying I didn't get the job. The next Monday I got an email from my recruiter asking me to interview at a different location. I set that interview and finally spoke to the investigator and she said sometimes the recruiters pressure them to get them done quickly. All they needed was to confirm a year I started a previous job because I put in the wrong year.
    So I interview at the other location; this is the beginning of June now. They needed two tellers so I was pretty confident I was going to get it. It was just two of the managers interviewing me. And my screening came back satisfactory.
    Few days later I got the email saying I didn't get the job. I was sad but not giving up, so I emailed my recruiter letting her know I was still very interested in working with Bank of America.
    A few weeks later, I received an email from her asking me to interview the next day. I went in for a one on one interview and it went great. It was the best interview I've ever had. She asked me customer service questions and questions about my previous managers. I also had to role play two scenarios. The first was she was making a deposit into her checking a and I had to convince her to open a savings. The second one she was wanting a bank statement for her sick brothers account but he was in the hospital. She didn't tell me their policies on this so I really had to wing it. If you have customer service experience just do your best, make eye contact and you'll do fine.
    At the end of the interview she took me on a tour and introduced me to everyone working.
    My interview was at 10 and I got the phone call saying they wanted to extend an offer around 5. I'm so excited and my best advice so anyone who truly wants to work for Bank of America, look at their careers page and get familiar with career paths and products and services, don't give up and really express to your recruiter so they know you're serious about working there. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    Haven't discussed this yet.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America in October 2014.

The phone interview with Bank of America was an interesting interview but somewhat difficult because I have no formal Banking Experience but I do have small business, accounting, tax and consulting experience being self employed within a family owned business. In addition, for the past 3 years, I have been teaching within the subject area of history and decided that this was not for me. As a result, I have been striving to enter into the Banking industry due to my self employment history in business. I realized during this phone interview that becoming a teller would be the perfect challenge that I would need to spear head my career to the next level. The next step if chosen will be the face-to-face interview which I will be informed of next week. Wish me good effort.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Bank of America? What is your finance background?   View Answer

Teller Interview

Applied online, was sent an automated email that said someone would reach out, then phone interview, group interview, followed by an interview with the managers at branch. The whole process took a few months from initial online application

Interview Questions
    • It seemed like the most important need for the branch was a translater   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I turned in my form online on a friday and I received a call back from the corporate the following monday. I was asked to come in for a group interview. At the group interview, there was a person who was in charge of the whole group interview process and a few branch managers. Everything in the group interview was basic.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was when they asked me what is my greatest accomplishment.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Teller Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America.

First off, I applied online for a full time position. I believed I applied midnight on a Wednesday or Thursday?

Secondly, the next day, Friday, I received an email for an online assessment test at 4:50pm. It wasn't hard at all. It tests you on your listening skills and your counting skills. If you pass, they'll contact you within a few days. If you don't, I believe they'll email you a notification that you didn't pass.

Thirdly, I was contacted by a recruiter on Tuesday after I submitted my assessment test on Friday. It was a short phone interview which consisted of basic interview questions. Like "Why Bank Of America" "This position is a full time position are you able to do it" & so on. After that she asked me when I would like to set up an interview date with the branch manager and manager. About an hour or two hour later, she called back confirming an interview date and time for me.

Then after the phone interview, I was emailed a background application and I must fill it out before going in for my interview.

My interview was scheduled the next day and it's was a one on one. I was basically interviewed by both managers. Basic questions and I did one role play. I'm almost positive that I impressed the branch manager with my role play because he was shocked with how well I played it. (Thank you glassdoor) The interview was only 15mins. Not so long as I thought it would be.

NOW, this is the MOST IMPORTANT PART. For some reasons this background application wants you to put in your address from the last TEN YEARS. I moved a lot growing up & I could hardly remember my addresses. Not only that but it requires you to also fill out your employment from the last 5 years.

If you aren't truthful about your education, employers, or addresses, you may be disqualified. The form you fill out must match your background check when they run the background check on you. If it comes out unsatisfactory (like me) then you'll expect an email informing you that you will not move on.

Now, the only reason why I probably failed it is because I got frustrated filling out that form and I hardly remember the addresses that I resided in the last 10 years.

The recruiter does call you to confirm if everything's correct on the form before he submits it and send it, but I was at school. & like I said, I don't remember my addresses from 10 years ago.

Now after all that chaotic process, wait two days to see if you'll receive a call or an email.

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

IN GROUP INTERVIEW it was pretty general. Tell us about you and your background in cash handling and Sales. The key here is to smile. The hiring manager told me one of the reasons that we hired you was because of the smile :)