Bank of America Teller Interview Questions

Updated 19 Apr, 2015

2.6

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bank of America (Miami, FL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied to the Anticipatory teller Position online on the 2/2/15. i was contacted on 2/3/15 to find out my availability to do a phone interview. i choose 2/4/15 and the time. after i received an email to fill out a security check form online.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

applied online. get a in person interview in 3 weeks. it was a good experience that you applied online and get a in person interview so quick. the interviewee was nice.

Interview Questions

• what would you do when a customer yell on you   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

The manager was very welcoming and friendly. She asked normal questions and then have me some great advice for future interviews. She spoke about her trip to Mexico son which actually broke the ice.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

The initial phone interview was about 10 minutes. Basic questions ranging from describing a past successful sales pitch to questions that deal with ethics. Then an in-person interview with the manager and assistant manager at banking center. This interview consisted of role play in various sales situations.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I initially applied online and within a couple of days got a new email asking me to take an online assessment. This is just your standard customer service test alongside a couple of quick reading comprehension and maths segments. A LOT of "agree strongly / disagree strongly" questions at the end.
    I obviously passed this as I got a phone call from a BoA recruiter three days later to confirm my information, and we scheduled a phone interview with a different recruiter the next day. This phone interview was very basic, and lasted about 25 minutes. General questions about my work experience, why i want to work for the bank, why i applied for this role in particular etc. At the end of this phone interview we scheduled a face-to-face interview with the manager of the branch I had applied for, and I was sent some online forms to fill out.
    The next interview was a week later, I was kind of surprised that it wasn't a group interview, which is what I had read a lot online, but again this interview seemed pretty basic to me, aside from two short role-plays which were simple - in one I had to pretend to be the teller and find a way to get the customer to set up online banking, in the other I had to suggest new products to her. For this interview I strongly suggest focusing on your customer service skills and sales skills!
    It was VERY short which i thought was a bad sign and the interviewer gave nothing away whatsoever, but the next day my recruiter called me back and set up an interview with the district manager for the following week.
    In this interview I was interviewed by the district manager as well as another branch manager that I hadn't met before, and they asked me questions about my flexibility, what i know about BoA, and again about my experience etc. They also asked me a lot about my experience with cash handling and balancing cash drawers, safes etc.
    Both of these managers were very friendly and positive, but they also mentioned that they were interviewing another 15 people over two days so I didn't get my hopes up. Nonetheless my recruiter got in touch three days later and offered me the position, and I had another few forms to fill in and send off to her.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you dealt with an unhappy customer, and how did you turn it into a positive situation?
      What does customer service mean to you?
      Have you ever had to deal with a member of a team that you thought was lazy or uncooperative, how did you deal with this situation?

Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I have had over 4 interviews with bank of America over a 3 year span. They refuse to hire me.
    I always have a phone interview, than have a one on one interview.
    I got a job a wells Fargo

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I had 4 interviews. They were thorough in the hiring process. there is focus on role play and meeting referral equirements. I had 2 phone interviews only because I which branches midway through.

Interview Questions

• based on past roles, what males this job a good fit for you?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was invited to take assessment, received a phone call next day to schedule phone interview. Next day had phone interview, and was invited in to meet branch manager. Waiting for confirmed day and time, then will update.

Update : Hired.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about a time you had to sell something and how you pitched it to customer.

2) Tell me about a time asking the customer more personal questions helped you make a sale and better their service.

3) Why do you think you are a good fit for this position.

1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Didn't get the job, process quick. Two phone interviews basic math skills tested have nothing else to say..............................Be prepared, ask questions, go to site as customer before you accept offer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

"What will you do to make customers happy?"
    "Tell me a tough situation you have been in and how you manged it?"
    "How do you handle conflicts with co-workers?"
    "How much experience do you have handling money?"
    "Give an example of how you overcame adversity."
    Besides these questions you also may either be asked to do a group or one on one interview. Also you will need to take an aptitude test to see how you will fit into the company and to see if there are any positions that you will best fit into.