Bank of America Teller Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep, 2014

2.6

293 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I had a long experience so I hope this helps someone!
I was originally contacted for a phone interview mid-May and during the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview with the banking center manager. I attended my interview no more than 3 days later and it was a typical one on one interview. She asked me a few questions, Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a situation where you fixed a problem for a customer, customer service questions. A few days later I was contacted by the background screening investigator but I missed the call on that Friday. I never returned the call because I was busy at work. The very next day I received an email saying I didn't get the job. The next Monday I got an email from my recruiter asking me to interview at a different location. I set that interview and finally spoke to the investigator and she said sometimes the recruiters pressure them to get them done quickly. All they needed was to confirm a year I started a previous job because I put in the wrong year.
So I interview at the other location; this is the beginning of June now. They needed two tellers so I was pretty confident I was going to get it. It was just two of the managers interviewing me. And my screening came back satisfactory.
Few days later I got the email saying I didn't get the job. I was sad but not giving up, so I emailed my recruiter letting her know I was still very interested in working with Bank of America.
A few weeks later, I received an email from her asking me to interview the next day. I went in for a one on one interview and it went great. It was the best interview I've ever had. She asked me customer service questions and questions about my previous managers. I also had to role play two scenarios. The first was she was making a deposit into her checking a and I had to convince her to open a savings. The second one she was wanting a bank statement for her sick brothers account but he was in the hospital. She didn't tell me their policies on this so I really had to wing it. If you have customer service experience just do your best, make eye contact and you'll do fine.
At the end of the interview she took me on a tour and introduced me to everyone working.
My interview was at 10 and I got the phone call saying they wanted to extend an offer around 5. I'm so excited and my best advice so anyone who truly wants to work for Bank of America, look at their careers page and get familiar with career paths and products and services, don't give up and really express to your recruiter so they know you're serious about working there. Good luck!

Interview Questions
Haven't discussed this yet.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Teller Interview

3 weeks process: Phone -> 1-on-1 ->Then Wait for offer, phone interview are fine. 1-on-1 is the most important one, gotta prepare really well for that and also role play is really hard. Tip: be passionate, smile all the time, don't afraid of rejection

Teller Interview

I turned in my form online on a friday and I received a call back from the corporate the following monday. I was asked to come in for a group interview. At the group interview, there was a person who was in charge of the whole group interview process and a few branch managers. Everything in the group interview was basic.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was when they asked me what is my greatest accomplishment.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Teller Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America.

First off, I applied online for a full time position. I believed I applied midnight on a Wednesday or Thursday?

Secondly, the next day, Friday, I received an email for an online assessment test at 4:50pm. It wasn't hard at all. It tests you on your listening skills and your counting skills. If you pass, they'll contact you within a few days. If you don't, I believe they'll email you a notification that you didn't pass.

Thirdly, I was contacted by a recruiter on Tuesday after I submitted my assessment test on Friday. It was a short phone interview which consisted of basic interview questions. Like "Why Bank Of America" "This position is a full time position are you able to do it" & so on. After that she asked me when I would like to set up an interview date with the branch manager and manager. About an hour or two hour later, she called back confirming an interview date and time for me.

Then after the phone interview, I was emailed a background application and I must fill it out before going in for my interview.

My interview was scheduled the next day and it's was a one on one. I was basically interviewed by both managers. Basic questions and I did one role play. I'm almost positive that I impressed the branch manager with my role play because he was shocked with how well I played it. (Thank you glassdoor) The interview was only 15mins. Not so long as I thought it would be.

NOW, this is the MOST IMPORTANT PART. For some reasons this background application wants you to put in your address from the last TEN YEARS. I moved a lot growing up & I could hardly remember my addresses. Not only that but it requires you to also fill out your employment from the last 5 years.

If you aren't truthful about your education, employers, or addresses, you may be disqualified. The form you fill out must match your background check when they run the background check on you. If it comes out unsatisfactory (like me) then you'll expect an email informing you that you will not move on.

Now, the only reason why I probably failed it is because I got frustrated filling out that form and I hardly remember the addresses that I resided in the last 10 years.

The recruiter does call you to confirm if everything's correct on the form before he submits it and send it, but I was at school. & like I said, I don't remember my addresses from 10 years ago.

Now after all that chaotic process, wait two days to see if you'll receive a call or an email.

Teller Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America.

IN GROUP INTERVIEW it was pretty general. Tell us about you and your background in cash handling and Sales. The key here is to smile. The hiring manager told me one of the reasons that we hired you was because of the smile :)

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baldwin, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baldwin, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2014.

I applied online and got a phone interview told me to come in for a group interview. Showed up way early and was told we would all have to sit and wait for individual interviews with a few branch managers. it was one of the worst scheduled meetings. I was there for openings in the wrong areas and was sitting waiting for a time slot a good 2 hours after I got there. I was told i would be contacted by phone within a week or so and nobody ever got back to me. Its been three weeks and no reply at all.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interviewing process took about a month. 1.phone interview 2. Group interview. Pretty nerve wrecking, I was in a room with 22 other applicants. 3. Manager interview the same day. 4. Branch manager interview.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Apply online and then complete an online assessment, someone for HR department in Florida will contact you with a phone interview, then she will call back to schedule you for a face-to-face interview, your first face-to-face will be with the Banking center manager, sometimes they have a second interview with the district manager.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I applied online at the Bank of America careers site on a Sunday. The next day I received an email asking me to go to a group interview on Tuesday. On Tuesday I went to the interview location where 11 other people were to be interviewed. The recruiter introduced herself and mentioned how usually it would just be us and her but today we had two guests who were branch managers from different locations. We started off by having the recruiter and two branch managers introduce themselves and then went around the room introducing ourselves. We said our names, why we chose Bank of America, our past experiences, education, and availability. The recruiter then proceeded to talk about Bank of America and the benefits they offer and what they value in the company. We were encouraged to participate in the discussion about Bank of America's values. At the end of the interview we were told that we would get a call back telling us how we did in the group interview. Four people were asked to stay. I was one of those four. The two branch managers had chosen us to do a one on one interview right away. I went to do the one on one interview with a branch manager right away after the group interview was over. I was asked to go into more detail about myself. Where did I go to school, what I had heard about the company, why I would be a good fit for Bank of America, and what experience do I have in sales. I was also asked to role play. I was asked to sell the branch manager a pen. Then I was asked to sell the branch manager a phone plan (my sales experience was phone sales). At the end of the interview the branch manager said he loved my personality and he loved people who were not shy at sales. He said he would love for me to work at this branch and that I would receive a call soon. I was called on Wednesday, the very next day. I was explained the benefits again and was asked for availability and when I could start.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to sell the pen was probably the most difficult and unexpected task. People don't usually think tellers are selling anything to people, but tellers have to be able to convince people to get a credit card, bank account, or other things related to the bank.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I filled out the application online through their website. After 2 days, they called me and did a little pre screening interview over the phone. They asked me basic questions like "Why Bank of America?" "What is your availability, and then they scheduled me to come in for a group interview the next day. The group interview had about 6 BoA employers and 12 people applying. They asked us to briefly introduce ourselves. Afterwards people were selected for 1 on 1 interviews while the rest stayed in the room and were asked "Tell us one time you left a good lasting impression on a customer." Afterwards we were informed about the selection process and what would happen next, we asked questions and then left.

Interview Questions

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!