Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank of America
- Teller (346)
- Personal Banker (197)
- Intern (51)
- Banking Center Manager (47)
- Technology Analyst (46)
- Customer Service Representative (42)
- Analyst (38)
- Summer Analyst (37)
- Vice President (33)
- Teller Operations Specialist (32)
- Sales & Service Specialist (29)
- Financial Analyst (27)
- Investment Banking Analyst (24)
- Operations Analyst (21)
- Sales and Service Specialist (19)
- Software Engineer (17)
- Bank Teller (17)
- Credit Analyst (17)
- Fraud Analyst (16)
- Software Developer (16)
- Part Time Teller (16)
- Business Analyst (16)
- Team Member (16)
- Project Manager (15)
- Financial Advisor (15)
- Senior Software Engineer (15)
- Assistant Vice President (15)
- Banking Center Assistant Manager (15)
- Associate (13)
- Branch Manager (13)
Technology Developer and Analyst Program Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.
1) Applied Online
2) Received email with a link to scheduling my first (behavioral + technical) interview for 30 minutes.
3) Received email about rejection
Experience: I never expected an interview with a company like Bank of America, to be like this. It was just like a rapid-fire round. Interviewer was firing questions at me without even listening to my answers. It seemed like they were not interested in taking the interview.
Two people were taking the interview and they were giggling from back which is so disrespectful.
They were throwing 'too' genera questions and were going too deep into technical stuff as well (which obviously they were not interested in hearing the answers).I asked them few questions about the position, to which they replied 'ask these question from the recruiter, we don't know answer to them'. I was like what... are you kidding me (?)
- Whole interview was an unexpected and a bad experience 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America
Technology Developer and Analyst Program InterviewNo OfferDifficult InterviewNo OfferDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took a week – interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY (US)) in February 2013.
I apply for the summer internship of BOA and then I recieve a phone interview first, the phone interview is mainly discussing my projects and experience. Several days later, an email is sent to inform me to attend the final round in NY. In the final Round, I am interviewed by 4 people in 4 different time period. Most of the questions are about java, gabbage collection and something like that. There are also brain teasers, mine is using three timeglass which counts 3, 5 and 7 minunts to time 9 minunts, and no one timeglass can be used consecutively.
- Swap two numbers while not using the temp variable. 3 Answers
Technology Developer and Analyst Program InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY (US)) in October 2012.
I applied to BOA through their website and was selected for the 1st round of interviews.
First Round: It was a phone interview with some hiring manager. He asked me only behavioral questions like "Tell me a situation where etc etc etc".
They gave out the result for the 1st round in a week and invited me to the onsite interview in NYC.
Second Round: They made hotel accomodations for 1 day in NYC. All expenses were re-imbused. On the previous day of the interview, they arranged a reception where in we can speak to the interviewers, interact with them. We can also interact with other interviewees. At the end of the reception, they distributed a folder to everyone. The folder contained information on the schedule for the interview day. Some candidates were assigned a morning slot for the interview while some were assigned an afternoon slot. The folder contained a sheet which mentioned my interview timings and interviewer names. Some people had 2 interviews while some had 3. I had 2 interviews. The number of interviews a person should undergo is totally determined by BoA and we dont know on what basis they decide it.
On the day of the interview, they provided lunch. During the lunch the had an executive speaker speak about BoA and some other stuff. Here are my details about the 2 interviews
- Tell me about your projects. Asked some details about the projects
- What is the difference between relational db's and OO db's
- What is normalization
- What is the difference between new and malloc
- What is the difference between new in C++ and new in Java
- How do u deallocate the memory allocated by new in C++ and in Java
- When do we use new and when do we use malloc
- Will you be staying in US forever?
- Why BoA?
- What contribution do u think u can make to BoA?
- Difference between equity and debt
- Difference between app server and web server
- Details about project
- If there is a web based trading application and it is firing a query from database which fetches TB's of data and executing the query takes a very very very very long time. How will you troubleshoot this problem?
- Disadvantages of using indexes
- If there is a web based trading application and it is firing a query from database which fetches TB's of data and executing the query takes a very very very very long time. How will you troubleshoot this problem? 1 Answer