Bank of America

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details I applied online and got a call about a month later. They can be slow.

Interview Question – All questions were really straight forward, specially if you are in the industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I asked for a certain amount and they declined and said: our maximum is X. I am sure all positions are different though.

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details First I was contacted by a recruiter, once she screen me and saw I was a great fit, she referred my resume to the manager. My interview was setup through my recruiter, once I had the interview I found out I had the job. The process was very smooth and easy.

Interview Question – Trying to maintain the loans pipeline, and making sure you meet the guidelines required by boa.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After the recruiter reached back out to me after the interview, she asked me how it went and how I felt about the job was for me. After I stated the job was for me, she offered me the job and sent me a offer letter.

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details online, called in meet with 2 managers....interview questions formatted for mgmnt

Interview Question – questions pertaining to mortgages   View Answer

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2013.

Interview Details The on boarding and hiring was relatively painless. The hr department was on top of things.

Reason for Declining – It was low then I countered and I accepted

Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2009.

Interview Details Applied online. They called back and scheduled interview. Went. And interviewed with 3 managers at once. After that it takes about a week or 2 for them to contact you back. Normally by email to elt you know if you got the job

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be a good fit as an mlo?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Base pay is about 30k a yr. not really any negotiation

Chandler, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

Interview Details I had 1 phone interview about 30min, then 2 face to face interviews about 30 minutes each.

Interview Question – Explain negative amortaziotion   Answer Question

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2008.

Interview Details Hiring process will include 1 or two interviews with 2 hiring managers together or 1 hiring manager on two separate interviews

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses and how will you overcome them?   Answer Question

Lancaster, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2009.

Interview Details Explain your previous experience and how it is applicable to the role your would like to fill. Discuss your goals in the position your seeking and what you expect of the position.

Negotiation Details – Pay, do not leave it to the recruiter to be fair they will low ball you. Always say what you want, I knew someone who got 10$ and hour for a job that was for 12-15.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America Mortgage Loan Officer interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees and interview candidates.