Bank of America

Getting the Interview

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchant Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bank of America in November 2012.

Interview Details The interview process was very long. The first interview was on campus. I interview with two of the regional managers. The questions were basic. Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer, how do you prioritize, how do you see yourself in five years from now...it was a behavioral interview. These managers were very nice and polite. The interview was about 50 mins long. After a week I got an email to schedule my second interview. That was with one manager only, and he was very nice as well. He asked very few questions like what would you do if you spilled your coffee right before an appointment with a client? Do you consider your self a competitive person? He, as well asked behavioral questions. He only took about 30 mins, and he said I would hear from them in about a week. I didn't hear from them until two weeks later. They schedule another interview which was a phone "interview". That interview was supposedly, only for me to ask questions the job. The interview was schedule to take place at 11am, but for some reason, the interviewer called me at 8am. I didn't picked up the fist time and he left me a voice. I called him about 5 minutes later, and we talked for about 30 minutes. He sounded very nice and polite. Explained a lot about the job, but I forgot to ask for his email address, and he didn't say what was next. I didn't hear from them until a month later telling me that they were moving on to more qualify applicants. I was a little disappointed about it but it is what it is.
Good luck everyone!

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Merchant Sales Specialist Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2012.

Interview Details Great interview. I met with the Regional Manager who also introduced me to her direct manager and also a co-regional manager who was in town. The hiring process was a little lengthy due to the holiday. Once I send an email to the recruiter the processed rolled quickly.

Interview Question – Why are you a much better candidate than someone that may seem more qualified?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward. I basically was offered what I expected.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America Merchant Sales Specialist interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees and interview candidates.