Bank of America

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details First round phone interview from on campus application, got a call later that day for a superday at the end of the week.

Interview Question – If someone offered you $1000 today or paid out at $100 a month over the next ten months, which would you take?   View Answers (2)

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details One first round interview - 2nd round super day

Interview Question – Not a very technical interview - did not seem to interested in recruiting from my school.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2013.

Interview Details Got a call to attend AC that was on a saturday between 9am - 3pm. We were 18 people from variety of backgrounds. The structure of AC was following:

1) Numerical test: SHL but a bit harder than online. 32 questions in 35 minutes.

2) Individual case study: We got a booklet and 1h to prepare the presentation. We had the next step which is "group discussion" in between actually preparing the case and presenting it to 1 VP for 10 minutes. Afterwards you get questions based on the case and your presentation. Be ready to know things about the companies you are presenting about and to defend your choices. Might slip in some random technical questions.

3) Group discussion: We were 6 people that had different roles and the object was to choose a CSR project among four different alternatives based on certain criteria. You get a booklet where you can read about your role, about the project and the objective.

4) Individual interview: I had one interview with only one VP. Mostly fit questions and I got no technical at all.

Interview Question – * How does 100 MUSD increase in amortization affect the three financial statements?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard offer.

State College, PA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2013.

Interview Details They gave me a phone interview at first round. Very technical, very interesting. It is all questions from the WSO, but I did not read though it so it's basically a tragedy. That's also how I end up with getting no second-round invitation.

Interview Question – How the depreciation expense affect the balance sheet?   Answer Question

Smith Mills, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2012.

Interview Details Behavioral questions: tell us about yourself, why investment banking? what do you think of FB IPO? What do you think will happen to Facebook? What was your experience working in a team?

Interview Question – walk me through a cash flow statement   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2010.

Interview Details Applied online, after researching similar positions elsewhere, and received a call a few weeks later. Phone interviewed first, in-person interviews (two of them) followed shortly after. All of the interviews were conducted very professionally and some general HR people called me first but the later ones were all conducted by people working within the particular group/division. The questions were meant to keep me on my toes and they came pretty fast towards the end but I found it enjoyable for the most part.

Advice: Stay calm, be honest, and look alive!

The culture is definitely (and expectedly) corporate; meaning, you'll have to take a few seemingly pointless HR training courses, you'll sit at a cubicalesque desk, and be amazed at just how many VPs there are in one department. The work was very demanding mentally (myriad of information and tasks) and physically (longest work day went from 7am-2am); the people are literally some of the best in the business and expect you to keep up with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a personal goal you've attained in the past few years. How did you go about doing so? Has anything positive come from it?   View Answer
  • If China was to change from a predominately export economy to a more Westernized consumer economy, what might happen to the emerging markets in surrounding countries?   View Answer
  • How could you use a statement of cash flows to gain insight into a company's financial situation and its future potential?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't attempt to negotiate. I had two other banking offers for the summer but went with ML because it offered the best opportunity for me. You should consider the underlying motivations for wanting to work anywhere before seriously going after a position. Weigh your options, be aware of your weaknesses, and try to get an idea whether or not you'll be miserable somewhere beforehand.

Summer Analyst Investment Banking Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2009.

Interview Details Resumes were submitted to the university's career center online. After a week, they chose twenty applicants and interviewed them on Wednesday. They then took the ten best, interviewed us on Thursday, and I had a phone call Saturday morning with my decision.

Interview Question – Explain how the cash flow statement ties into the other balance sheet statements   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2009.

Interview Details I submitted online application three months ago, and the employer called me late January to schedule for a phone interview. He did not say much about the interview, so I just prepared some questions related to my resume and read news on those days. During the interview, the interviewer was very nice, she asked me questions about my resume, then why I want to enter investment banking industry and why I want to join Bank of America. She also asked me something about my background since I am an international student here. But it seems they don't want to hire international students because of working visa issues, so i was not surprised that i didn't enter the next round of interview.

Interview Questions

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2010.

Interview Details I am from a non-target school and was referred by an employee. They set up a phone interview and asked very basic questions like tell me about yourself, why BoA, etc. They went further in depth to the tell me about yourself and prodded into one area. They also asked some technical questions such as compare two companies, x and y, which one would have the higher dcf value. If you understate depreciation by a $100, how would the three financial statements change.

Interview Question – If depreciation is understated by 100, how does that change the three financial statements?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America Investment Banking Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees and interview candidates.