Bank of America

Getting the Interview

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details Had one interview, lots of technical questions. Two and a half weeks later received an email to set up a second interview. Had that interview and waiting to hear further info. Second interview was no technical questions. Both interviews were with analyst, in the same group. No information given about process and when or if I might hear back.

Interview Question – How many ping pong balls could you fit in an olympic sized pool?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied through the campus recruiting and heard back in January 2014.

Interview Question – It was all behavioral. no technical questions at all. this was the first round though. Typical, walk through resume, why IB, a challenge you've faced, strenghts, and weakness. Interviewers were very friendly and informal. They were alumni from my school.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details Applied through campus recruiting.

Interview Question – What is your favorite book?   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2009.

Interview Details Met with two VPs on campus, 30 minute interview, mostly fit-based with a few technical questions.

Interview Question – Several questions like "how many ping pong balls can fit in a 747", etc.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details This was for HK. The usual first second round on phone, then final round to US.
Did not get a very good impression of the bank. Interviewed with 4-5 people in the final round. There was one guy who asked all technicals. I did not get a sense of why BoA is better than any other banks on the street in HK.

Interview Question – Lots of random mental math questions   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst

Interview Details On Campus Interview - Extremely hostile, all technical questions and nothing that studied fit. Not a generalist banking overview - mainly focused on leveraged finance. Bad communication both before and after actual interview.

Interview Question – Solve Bond related questions with changing scenarios during interview   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

Interview Details Was contacted through HR and given an interview one week later.

Interview Question – If you were trying to break into a square castle surrounded by a ditch 10 feet wide and you only had two planks 8 feet long, how would you cross the ditch?   Answer Question

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2013.

Interview Details I received the interview through on campus recruiting. I received an email from an employee shortly after congratulating me, which seemed a bit strange. The interview was one on one with an associate who was extremely hard to relate to. Barely asked any behavioral or fit questions, all he seemed to care about was my technical knowledge. Interview only lasted about 20 minutes because I don't think I answered his technical questions well enough.

Interview Question – If a company with a higher EPS purchases a company with a lower EPS, what happens to the purchaser's EPS?   View Answer

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details Very unprofessional and did not know what questions to ask me. They flew me to nyc after a terrible over the phone interview... i have no idea why they did that.
make sure you know simple valuation techniques. I did not get an brain teasers and everything was either fit or simple technical.

Interview Question – Explain latin america to a potential client.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2011.

Interview Details Applied online and interviewer contacted me a few weeks later. Typical fit interview over the phone - resume walkthrough, tell about your recent work experiences, strengths and weaknesses, why boa merrill lynch? why ib? No technical questions were asked.

Interview Question – Tell me about your last work experience.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America Investment Banking Analyst interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees and interview candidates.