Bank of America

Updated 21 Jan, 2015

2.9

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America.

I applied for the minority sophomore program through campus recruiting. It was one accelerated super day in New York office. Applied late December, and got interview notification in early Jan. Actual super day in Feb. Met one VP, one MD. Mostly behavioral, a few technical questions. Talked about why BAML, why banking, walk me through resume, interesting deals/trends, questions on my own experiences on the resume

Interview Questions
  • Two companies both trade at $25. Which one is more expensive?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America in November 2014.

Applied through my school's career site but there was a problem with the system so they did not get my application so I talked to recruiter directly and got a phone interview with senior management in NYC scheduled immediately.

Interview Questions
    • Just general behavioral questions. Went in depth into the experiences listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in September 2014.

Applied online through my university webpage. Two weeks after I applied I was called for one on one interviews and phone interview with the local team (3 analysts, 1 VP). The second round were only phone interviews with senior associates working in the Latam team in New York.

All interviews have the following format: "Tell me about yoursel" (resume, why investment banking? why BofA?), brainteasers ("How many cabs are in Bogota?"), accounting questions and valuation fundamentals ("Walk me through a DCF", "How do you calculate WACC") and cross-border valuation ("How to calculate WACC in emerging markets?").

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America.

Two interviews through on campus recruiting. Standard investment banking guide questions: walk through your resume, walk through a DCF, how 10 dollars in depreciation expense affects the statements. I think my interview might have been easer than most because I didn't end up having a final round, and I was only interviewed by analysts, both of whom I had met previously at networking events.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Great hiring process - hosted networking sessions, training on the street to get to know candidates and then brought in six to eight candidates for superdays at a time. Interview was great, met with most people at the office, all very friendly and down to earth. Very diverse and friendly group.

Interview Questions
    • How does deferred tax allowance affect the three statements?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Had one interview, lots of technical questions. Two and a half weeks later received an email to set up a second interview. Had that interview and waiting to hear further info. Second interview was no technical questions. Both interviews were with analyst, in the same group. No information given about process and when or if I might hear back.

Interview Questions
    • How many ping pong balls could you fit in an olympic sized pool?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

Applied through campus recruiting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

I applied through the campus recruiting and heard back in January 2014.

Interview Questions
    • It was all behavioral. no technical questions at all. this was the first round though. Typical, walk through resume, why IB, a challenge you've faced, strenghts, and weakness. Interviewers were very friendly and informal. They were alumni from my school.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

This was for HK. The usual first second round on phone, then final round to US.
    Did not get a very good impression of the bank. Interviewed with 4-5 people in the final round. There was one guy who asked all technicals. I did not get a sense of why BoA is better than any other banks on the street in HK.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

On Campus Interview - Extremely hostile, all technical questions and nothing that studied fit. Not a generalist banking overview - mainly focused on leveraged finance. Bad communication both before and after actual interview.

Interview Questions
    • Solve Bond related questions with changing scenarios during interview   Answer Question