Bank of America Interview Questions

2,612 Interview Reviews

2.8

Credit Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Toronto, ON) in April 2014.

Interview

The entire process took roughly one month. First, you receive a call from a corporate recruiter down in the states. If they are satisfied, then you will be asked for a first round interview with two managers/VPs (individually). If you pass the second round, then you will be asked to go back for a second round interview with a senior VP down in the states through video conference. If he/she likes you then you get the offer through phone usually by the next day.

Interview Questions

• We are looking at implementing a new system, how would you get the senior employees (30+ years) to buy into the new system.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase as it was an entry-level position

Recovery Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. First Interview was a group interview about 10 people, asking basic questions about how to handle difficult clients, scenario questions. Then picked few people to come in for 3 weeks intense training. After training, started making calls. (collection)

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected question or difficult. The expected thing was the intense training that I did. Some people dropped about the training   Answer Question

Negotiation

hourly pay plus commission

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Single interview focused on previous experience and situational based questioning. As a project manager the focus was on experience leading similar projects to those in this particular space. In addition there was a focus on the ability to drive out the appropriate frameworks and governance requirements.

Further questions were related to describing difficult situations, how these were overcome, as well as covering successful projects and the role of the pm in contributing to the success.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail an end to end project governance process you have worked within, and elaborate on the strengths and weaknesses of that particular process.   Answer Question

Equity Linked Technology(ELT) Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Toronto, ON) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through the campus employment website.
    Received a call from the HR a week later informing me that I was selected for an interview. I asked about the dress code at Bank of America. The HR person said it is business professional. When I went to the interview, I noticed everyone was in business casual. I guess HR and IT has different dress code.
    The interview was with a panel of 2 people, both are software developers. The interview consists of mostly technical questions (nothing on behaviour questions like tell me about a time when you solve a problem, etc.) about programming, data structures. The interview lasted for about 50mins.
    I finished the interview on Friday and received my offer via phone call and email on Monday.

Interview Questions

• I mentioned in my cover letter that I strive to write clean and efficient code. So I was asked how exactly to do that.   Answer Question

The pay was below average for computer science major. I tried to negotiate for a higher pay but was told the pay was based on experience and was competitive. Hence I declined.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America (Toronto, ON) in October 2013.

Interview

The interviewer was generous and friendly. He gave an intro about his company and what kind of work they do on a daily basis. He asked questions on my previous projects and some questions regarding my current courses that are taken. Expect to see some Python and Unix (bash) questions as they primarily use Python to do their code work. Some departments may use different language like Java and C++, but my department used primarily Python.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview questions were quite standard. No surprises. Very fair questions, and the recruitment process was also what you'd expect, coming from the top big banks.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that threw you off guard. Fairly standard, and expected.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

interviewed at Bank of America (Calgary, AB) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview

Software Architect Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America in January 2013.

Interview

HR, Manager, and then technical

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America (Toronto, ON) in April 2011.

Interview

3 in person interviews over a 2 month period. I met with the hiring manager, my boss, their manager and the head of HR. They had me do a quick technical test that was pretty simple

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty simple. No fan fair. They where very reasonable.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Toronto, ON) in June 2008.

Interview

i was referred by an employee and had a phone interview first then i was invited to have an interview with 2 people, my direct manager, the department head.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i counter offered what i was first offered and was also able to get a relocation package as well.