Bank of America

1,934 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Equity Linked Technology(ELT) Intern Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied through the campus employment website.
Received a call from the HR a week later informing me that I was selected for an interview. I asked about the dress code at Bank of America. The HR person said it is business professional. When I went to the interview, I noticed everyone was in business casual. I guess HR and IT has different dress code.
The interview was with a panel of 2 people, both are software developers. The interview consists of mostly technical questions (nothing on behaviour questions like tell me about a time when you solve a problem, etc.) about programming, data structures. The interview lasted for about 50mins.
I finished the interview on Friday and received my offer via phone call and email on Monday.

Interview Question – I mentioned in my cover letter that I strive to write clean and efficient code. So I was asked how exactly to do that.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay was below average for computer science major. I tried to negotiate for a higher pay but was told the pay was based on experience and was competitive. Hence I declined.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details Single interview focused on previous experience and situational based questioning. As a project manager the focus was on experience leading similar projects to those in this particular space. In addition there was a focus on the ability to drive out the appropriate frameworks and governance requirements.

Further questions were related to describing difficult situations, how these were overcome, as well as covering successful projects and the role of the pm in contributing to the success.

Interview Question – Describe in detail an end to end project governance process you have worked within, and elaborate on the strengths and weaknesses of that particular process.   Answer Question

Recovery Analyst Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details I was referred by a friend. First Interview was a group interview about 10 people, asking basic questions about how to handle difficult clients, scenario questions. Then picked few people to come in for 3 weeks intense training. After training, started making calls. (collection)

Interview Question – There was no unexpected question or difficult. The expected thing was the intense training that I did. Some people dropped about the training   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – hourly pay plus commission

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.

Interview Details The interviewer was generous and friendly. He gave an intro about his company and what kind of work they do on a daily basis. He asked questions on my previous projects and some questions regarding my current courses that are taken. Expect to see some Python and Unix (bash) questions as they primarily use Python to do their code work. Some departments may use different language like Java and C++, but my department used primarily Python.

Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details Interview questions were quite standard. No surprises. Very fair questions, and the recruitment process was also what you'd expect, coming from the top big banks.

Interview Question – Nothing that threw you off guard. Fairly standard, and expected.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Calgary, AB

I interviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

Interview Details Phone Interview

Interview Question – What is the price of oil currently?   Answer Question

Software Architect Interview

Software Architect

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2013.

Interview Details HR, Manager, and then technical

Interview Question – Looking for a change?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2008.

Interview Details i was referred by an employee and had a phone interview first then i was invited to have an interview with 2 people, my direct manager, the department head.

Interview Question – no real difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i counter offered what i was first offered and was also able to get a relocation package as well.

Very Easy Interview

Part-time Teller Interview

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied part time teller position online and complete the online question surveys. After one day, I received a phone call to schedule a group interview(in the phone, she asked me one question: do you have any questions for me ?). I went to group interview, total has 11 people in the group. Interviewer introduced bank of america teller position's benefits. Then she asked few questions. (introduce yourself, what's your most difficult customer complain situations? How do you solve the problem? Why do you choose bank of america and teller position? )Group Interview lasted 2 hour. We skipped role play, because no time. A week later, I received phone call to schedule a interview with branch manger . He asked few questions((1. do you have any questions for me ? 2. Will you feel bored to do exactly same thing everyday? 3. what will you do to make a customer happy? ) Yes, only three questions were asked, and whole interview only lasts 40 minutes. After interview I was confused. I am not sure if this is a good interview. But end of interview he told me will let me know the result tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Luckily I received phone call after 2 days. I received offer.

Interview Question – what will you do to make a customer happy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate.

Modification Underwriter Interview

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2011.

Interview Details The hiring process first takes place by a Job placement agency. It follows with the BOA manager you will be working with.
It’s not a bad experience--relatively simple. It’s what you would expect from an interview. For the most part know your resume well and be prepared to explain your experience.

Interview Question – BOA has many issues with the employer employee relations however the hiring is not one of them.
Just be aware that it is all about production. You will be a little robot. It works for some and not for others.
But to save yourself the horrors of being in a bad fit job situation Please note that you will be a robot at your desk.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they gave me what I asked for.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America interview questions and advice. All 1,934 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Bank of America employees and interview candidates.