Bank of America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Credit Services Representative Interview

Credit Services Representative
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

Interview Details The entire process took roughly one month. First, you receive a call from a corporate recruiter down in the states. If they are satisfied, then you will be asked for a first round interview with two managers/VPs (individually). If you pass the second round, then you will be asked to go back for a second round interview with a senior VP down in the states through video conference. If he/she likes you then you get the offer through phone usually by the next day.

Interview Question – We are looking at implementing a new system, how would you get the senior employees (30+ years) to buy into the new system.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase as it was an entry-level position

Equity Linked Technology(ELT) Intern Interview

Equity Linked Technology(ELT) Intern
Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied through the campus employment website.
Received a call from the HR a week later informing me that I was selected for an interview. I asked about the dress code at Bank of America. The HR person said it is business professional. When I went to the interview, I noticed everyone was in business casual. I guess HR and IT has different dress code.
The interview was with a panel of 2 people, both are software developers. The interview consists of mostly technical questions (nothing on behaviour questions like tell me about a time when you solve a problem, etc.) about programming, data structures. The interview lasted for about 50mins.
I finished the interview on Friday and received my offer via phone call and email on Monday.

Interview Question – I mentioned in my cover letter that I strive to write clean and efficient code. So I was asked how exactly to do that.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay was below average for computer science major. I tried to negotiate for a higher pay but was told the pay was based on experience and was competitive. Hence I declined.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details Single interview focused on previous experience and situational based questioning. As a project manager the focus was on experience leading similar projects to those in this particular space. In addition there was a focus on the ability to drive out the appropriate frameworks and governance requirements.

Further questions were related to describing difficult situations, how these were overcome, as well as covering successful projects and the role of the pm in contributing to the success.

Interview Question – Describe in detail an end to end project governance process you have worked within, and elaborate on the strengths and weaknesses of that particular process.   Answer Question

Recovery Analyst Interview

Recovery Analyst

I applied in-person and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details I was referred by a friend. First Interview was a group interview about 10 people, asking basic questions about how to handle difficult clients, scenario questions. Then picked few people to come in for 3 weeks intense training. After training, started making calls. (collection)

Interview Question – There was no unexpected question or difficult. The expected thing was the intense training that I did. Some people dropped about the training   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – hourly pay plus commission

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.

Interview Details The interviewer was generous and friendly. He gave an intro about his company and what kind of work they do on a daily basis. He asked questions on my previous projects and some questions regarding my current courses that are taken. Expect to see some Python and Unix (bash) questions as they primarily use Python to do their code work. Some departments may use different language like Java and C++, but my department used primarily Python.

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details Interview questions were quite standard. No surprises. Very fair questions, and the recruitment process was also what you'd expect, coming from the top big banks.

Interview Question – Nothing that threw you off guard. Fairly standard, and expected.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Calgary, AB

I interviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

Interview Details Phone Interview

Interview Question – What is the price of oil currently?   Answer Question

Software Architect Interview

Software Architect

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2013.

Interview Details HR, Manager, and then technical

Interview Question – Looking for a change?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2008.

Interview Details i was referred by an employee and had a phone interview first then i was invited to have an interview with 2 people, my direct manager, the department head.

Interview Question – no real difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i counter offered what i was first offered and was also able to get a relocation package as well.

Teller Interview

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details I had a long experience so I hope this helps someone!
I was originally contacted for a phone interview mid-May and during the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview with the banking center manager. I attended my interview no more than 3 days later and it was a typical one on one interview. She asked me a few questions, Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a situation where you fixed a problem for a customer, customer service questions. A few days later I was contacted by the background screening investigator but I missed the call on that Friday. I never returned the call because I was busy at work. The very next day I received an email saying I didn't get the job. The next Monday I got an email from my recruiter asking me to interview at a different location. I set that interview and finally spoke to the investigator and she said sometimes the recruiters pressure them to get them done quickly. All they needed was to confirm a year I started a previous job because I put in the wrong year.
So I interview at the other location; this is the beginning of June now. They needed two tellers so I was pretty confident I was going to get it. It was just two of the managers interviewing me. And my screening came back satisfactory.
Few days later I got the email saying I didn't get the job. I was sad but not giving up, so I emailed my recruiter letting her know I was still very interested in working with Bank of America.
A few weeks later, I received an email from her asking me to interview the next day. I went in for a one on one interview and it went great. It was the best interview I've ever had. She asked me customer service questions and questions about my previous managers. I also had to role play two scenarios. The first was she was making a deposit into her checking a and I had to convince her to open a savings. The second one she was wanting a bank statement for her sick brothers account but he was in the hospital. She didn't tell me their policies on this so I really had to wing it. If you have customer service experience just do your best, make eye contact and you'll do fine.
At the end of the interview she took me on a tour and introduced me to everyone working.
My interview was at 10 and I got the phone call saying they wanted to extend an offer around 5. I'm so excited and my best advice so anyone who truly wants to work for Bank of America, look at their careers page and get familiar with career paths and products and services, don't give up and really express to your recruiter so they know you're serious about working there. Good luck!

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Haven't discussed this yet.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!