Banana Republic Sales Interview Questions

1.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Banana Republic.

This was actually my first job, I did a walk in application and then a few days later the called me up for a group interview. I remember there was around 7-8 people at the back and as usual asked us straight forward questions related to sales. Then a couple days later they called me up and told me I was hired.

Interview Questions
  • it was all straight forward question and pretty much easy.   Answer Question
No negotiation because it was my first job.

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2009.

1. Phone interview only about availability, working status, setting up appointment for on site interview.
    2. Group interview: four managers asked one question then raise your hand if you want to answer. Some questions the managers ask individual specifically to answer.
    3. The last interview: two managers. Role playing.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in July 2008.

Well there were 3 interviews overall:

A quick 3-5 question interview when applying (depends on the manager), a group interview, and a 1:1 interview.

The quick interview was fairly easy; they just basically see your appeal and how your personality would be qualified for BR. If they like you.. then Woohoo! (Btw, they like people that dress cute/fashionable or your fun personality)

The group interview was just simple.. you're in the back maybe in one of the stock rooms and they just ask you questions from: "Why do you think Banana Republic is a good workplace?" "Why do you want to work here?" "What situations have you been in when you were in charge?" And yes.. you have to obviously compete with the interviewees.

Lastly, the 1:1 interview was interviewed by one of the managers. Mine turned out to be a conversation rather than an interview.. lol :P Well, they ask you "Why Banana Republic?" "What makes you want to work here?" and from there.. they either tell you or call you I suppose. They told me right away and told my pay and the next time I would work.

Interview Questions
    • In what situations, were you in charge of taking care of a numerous amount of people?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Banana Republic in April 2007.

I just came into the branch and asked if they were hiring. They said they were and i met with the manager. I spoke with him and then he hired me then and there.

Interview Questions

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!