Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr, 2015
Updated 14 Apr, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Went to a job fair and handed in my resume. Everyone was given an on-the-spot interview which was fairly easy. The managers were very kind and welcoming. I was interviewed by the GM and was then passed onto the next GM. They asked typical questions like "Tell me about yourself", "Why do you wanna work here", "What traits do you have that make you the best candidate" and so on. The interview took about 10-15 minutes. The next day the GM called me to tell me that I got the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic (Calgary, AB) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and Store manager called me after about 2 weeks. She asked me if I am still interested and my availability, if I can work in early morning shift sometimes (around 5 a.m) and set a time for interview in 2 days. The interview was one-to-one and took around 1hour including general questions, situational questions and role play. After the interview she asked for my references. They call me one week after interview and offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• - What did u like and do not like about your last two jobs? (separate)
      - Why banana public?
      - Tell me a situation that you help other people initiative.
      - When were you given a task with little or no direction and what did you do?
      - Describe a time when you did something that positively impacted others.
      - What is the process of making decision for you.
      - Where do you get your fashion inspiration?
      - Tell me a time when you initiated a conversation with a stranger?
      - What did you like and do not like in your past 2 previous time?

Answer Question

Negotiation

nonnegotiable.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic (Burnaby, BC) in April 2014.

Interview

I attended the interview last week. It's my first English interview and also my first group interview. Therefore, I was really nervous.
    However, it's very interesting and not really terrible as my prediction.

The manager is a Canadian man. There was only one candidate. No other people there because they all cancel the meeting in the final minute.

In the beginning, the manager explained what they are looking for and what the responsibility about the job is. Then he asked three questions which are:
    - Why banana public?
    - Tell me a situation that you help other people initiative.
    - Tell me a situation that you had heard and you solve by using your abilities.

It's a little bit hard for me because sometimes I cannot catch what he said. (Actually, his questions were not so ESL style. XD) But even though I answered very messy, he still said awesome or fantastic in every stop. It let me be more confident to face the following questions.

In the second part, we had a role play. Each people came to one room, look around all the stuff and try to meet customers' best needs. Well, I don't think I made a good decision in the clothes matching, but I did my best to answer his questions in a short time.
    I've learn a lot from that interview and really appreciate that the company gave me the opportunity.

After I got a "thank you but sorry" call, I asked the manager what I can improve for the future. He
    s really nice to invite me to interview again if they have any opening position in the future. I do really like the company and the friendly hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation that you had heard and you solve by using your abilities.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Got called in for an interview after applying almost a month ago. They only asked three easy questions and then did a role play, where I had to pick out an outfit to attend a graduation ceremony.

Also, for the questions, they want you to describe a specific situation, so don't be vague or generic.

Interview Questions

• When were you given a task with little or no direction and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever gone above and beyond for a customer? Explain.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Banana Republic (Mississauga, ON) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online in the summer, went through that whole annoying Taleo questionnaire and didn't hear anything back until about 2 months later. I received an email from Gap Inc. saying to call the manager for an interview if I was still interested. I did, and she asked me if I was available the coming Saturday at 4, so I said yes. I got there, she wasn't ready yet, so I was asked to just look around the store until she came out. Then I noticed there were other people my age walking around with report covers in their hands and I realized it was a group interview. I started to panic. No one had told me, so I had the initial impression that it would be one-on-one with the manager, which I would have preferred. It wasn't. There were 7 OTHER CANDIDATES. Very unprofessional of Banana Republic Square One. Also, the interviewer was rude and awkward. You'd think she would have looked at my resume, but I guess not, as she proceeded to ask questions about customer service experience, something I did not have, forcing me to make scenarios and examples up as to not embarrass myself in front of the other (far more qualified) candidates. Half way through the interview I literally wanted to get up and walk out. She said that if we have good references that we can expect an email within 3 days, but if not, they would not be taking the hiring process any further. It was my third interview and by far the worst. I do not even wish to work there anymore. Everyone is very superficial. Long story short: don't apply if you do not have prior experience. This interview will be hell for you.

Interview Questions

• Describe the last time you struck up a conversation with someone you didn't know.
      Describe a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer.
      What is your approach to handling many customers at a time?
      Which particular item in the store would you like to sell and why?
      Describe a time (at work or in school) when you had been given little direction on a project.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic (Toronto, ON) in September 2012.

Interview

After applying online, I received a callback from HR and was scheduled for a group interview. The group interview consisted, primarily, of "on the job" questions. After that, I was called back for a in-store interview. They asked me to run around the store and pick items for the manager to wear to an interview (pretending she was a customer) and tell her why she should buy them. Something that made the second interview a little annoying was the fact that there were several people in the store doing the exact same thing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did something that positively impacted others.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic (North Surrey, BC) in November 2011.

Interview

Few weeks, after I applied online, I received a call from the Assistant Manager, she mentioned about the interview for Saturday (today), so I went there. Meeting both the Assistant Managers (Women and Men's Department) was a great experience, they were very welcoming and friendly. I was asked simple questions, like 'what was the best and worst customer service you have received?'; 'Tell me about yourself' and 'What did you like BEST about your previous job?'

Truth be told, I am NOT sure if I will get the job or not, but I just wanted to say, that the experience was amazing. I wouldn't mind doing interviews every day, if the interviewees are like the Assistant Managers of this company.

Interview Questions

• What was the best customer service you have received?   1 Answer
    • What was the worst customer service you have received?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I applied online on their corporate website. I received a call asking to come in for an interview. It was very casual. We spoke outside the store for about 15 min. I was asked basic questions about my previous employment and why I want the job. I got a call the next day and they offered me the job. I accepted the position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2015.

Interview

Was a group interview. This surprised me as I was not told that it would be a group one, so I was slightly off guard. Basic questions. Laid back. Two parts: question component, and role-playing where manager pretended to be a customer and you had to help select an outfit.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Banana Republic?   Answer Question
    • Why would you choose to work at this store over any others?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were assigned a task/project with very little time to complete it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you helped someone.   Answer Question
    • What would you do in the situation where it was really busy, and there were many customers looking for your help at the same time?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a couple days later asking to come in for a group interview. The interview was very casual and relaxed and the hiring manager was very friendly. She had us do a couple exercises selling products and folding clothes.

Interview Questions

• What is a decision you had to make recently?
      Why Banana Republic?