Baker Hughes

Getting the Interview

477 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details Met with the HR recruiter at the campus event, she got my resume and asked me to apply. I applied and received a call the next business day. Answered 4 behavioral/technical questions mainly focused on involvement in team work and communication with the teams you worked on before. Got invited to the second round to the BHE.

Interview Question – Explain the situation that you used your technical knowledge to solve a problem   View Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Calgary, AB

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in June 2013.

Interview Details Applied for position and about a month after application got a phone interview. The next day I got a call for a face to face interview the following week. After the interview it went silent for about 5 weeks, but then got the job.
Interview itself was unique. I was very few questions, it was just a tour around the shop floor. I think the interview was more about my interest level and the types of questions that I asked the interviewer.
I did a lot of research for the position including technical details of the product, and this really paid off because I could ask intelligent questions.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, but he asked 'out of 164 applicants why do you think that you are the best candidate?'   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. The starting salary was very good and I didn't feel the need.

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer
Leduc, AB

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2013.

Interview Details I had a phone interview and a week or so later I was invited to the Baker Hughes Experience. For the phone interview, I was asked to go through my resume and they asked me questions like, "Explain a situation where you used your technical knowledge" and "Tell me about a time where you didn't have enough information to do a technical project"

For the first day at the BHE, we met all the managers and had a short meet and greet session, had dinner and saw a presentation about the company. Afterwards they put you on the spot and get you to ask questions.. The second day was a 'fun' day. We went to one of their facilities and started out by introducing ourselves and then got placed into groups to build a rig based on a picture and some specs. My guess is they wanted to see how you work in a team environment and if you can cooperate with people you barely knew. The managers split up to look at all the groups and took notes. Then we had lunch and got to talk to a field engineer who was on an international assignment. After that we were placed into 3 different groups. Each group took turns doing a different activities/assessments (tour, hands-on tests, and a case study). By the time all the groups were finished, we headed back to the hotel for dinner and one last assessment (a debate of sorts). The third day involved presentations. We were placed in a new group and had 30 minutes to prepare a 10 minute presentation.

Throughout the whole experience, it was important to leave an impression on the managers. There was no one-on-one interviews but they intentionally gave us breaks so that we can pull them aside and ask questions. I don't believe that I stuck out during the whole thing (unlike some people who would always be asking questions or have something to say about a topic), but when I was put on the spot I answered with conviction. There was 19 of us and we were told that they currently had 11 positions open. If they liked all of us, all of us would be hired.. but that also meant that they could decide not to hire anyone.

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer

Interviewed at Baker Hughes

Interview Details First: Standard phone interview with behavioral questions - Don't be shocked if they don't seem interested, you are one of many who will deliver similar answers.
Second: Baker Hughes Experience - 3 days, 2 overnights
- Presentations

Interview Question – How do you think you performed here?   View Answer

MWD Interview

Calgary, AB

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in December 2010.

Interview Details Met HR at my school job fair, had phone interview and later one-on-one interview

Interview Question – Team work   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Operations Manager Interview

Calgary, AB

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2012.

Interview Details Was contacted by HR with a brief phone interview asking general questions basically confirming with information on the resume. Then a panel interview in person with hiring manager and HR Lead. They followed a scripted set of questions while taking notes in turn. Questions were behavior in nature with some scenarios thrown in.

Interview Question – Hiring manager asked a technical answer and later answered it but, it was wrong.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Interview

Edmonton, AB

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in June 2010.

Interview Details I met with two managers. It was simple just spoke about my experience. They were very laid back. It took two weeks for them to get back to me with an offer. THen I had to do a physical and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you think the volume of this room would be in barrels?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a situation where you had to deal with an angree customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no. Make sure you ask for previous experience to go towards your vacation time. Also, ask for reloccation allowance. They won't offer it.

Wireline Operator Interview

Edmonton, AB

The process took a day - interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2011.

Interview Details i got phone interview with asian recruiter which was hard to understand. anyways she started asking about my previous work experience and gave me the details of job. it took 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• describe the time when you had to work beyond your job duties.   Answer Question
  • are u willing to work for long hours and stay away from home for long   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Stavanger (Norway)

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2014.

Interview Details For Summer Internship - Applied online with Taleo system, they wanted several informations including academic transcripts; then I was contacted by an HR in UK, that apparently had no access to the application! After exchanging about 10 emails I got invited for a pre-registered video interview, where I had to talk with my webcam

Interview Question – Three reasons why we should hire you
Describe two your qualities, that have not yet illustrated
The last software you learned
The most difficult project you addressed in your study
  Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details Phone interview, after which I had a face to face interview. Unfortunately, "Application Engineer" is a catch all bucket for a lot of different roles, so you had better just hope that your skill set matches up to an immediate need/demand, since you can't really tailor/predict what they want.

Interview Question – None. Pretty straightforward interview on experience and what I want to accomplish in the role.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation phase. Merely a request for a target salary.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Baker Hughes

Worked for Baker Hughes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baker Hughes interview questions and advice. All 477 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Baker Hughes employees and interview candidates.