Baker Hughes

Baker Hughes Interview Questions

Updated 10 Dec, 2014
Updated 10 Dec, 2014

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online through the website and got a digital interview. It's a behavioral interview and roughly took 20 min. I got an email within a week asking about my status in Canada and whether or not I'm able to work without any restriction. Two days later someone called me to say that they're not able to offer me anything because I'm not a PR.

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Got through the Hirevu with the first interview and received a congratulatory meeting saying I passed the initial interview. However it says that I am not guaranteed a place in the BHE. Can someone please let me know if they received something similar. What does this mean really? What would my BHE invitation depend upon. Looking for comments from people who've experienced a similar situation.

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Applied online in Septmeber. Got an email saying I got the digital interview last week. Interview was not bad, 9 long questions, 3 minutes to answer each one. Next step is the BHE, fingers crossed!

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2014.

Firsf stage was an online interview with 9 total questions. You're read the question then given ~30 seconds to prepare for your response. Your response per question is limited to 3 minutes total and the questions are normal HR type but with several smaller questions included in each of the 9 questions (for instance.. Have you had to deal with a difficult situation at work? What was it? How did you overcome it? What did you learn? Etc).

If you're successful with the interview you'll get invited to the Baker Hughes Experience which was one night and one day event (overnighting at a hotel). Initially you sit down and eat supper while talking to all the product line managers, the goal here is to find out about which product line you think suits you the best. It helps to know a little about each product line too.. And ask lots of questions. Each manager gives a little presentation about their product line too.

From there we were told to make a coat of arms that defines ourselves and then we introduced ourselves to the entire group. We then were split into groups and given a set of instructions to purchase material and build a rig to certain specifications. After this we were presented different scenarios and were told to hold a color up that shows how we would handle the situation. We then had a debate between each other as to what the correct answer to the scenario was (it's important here to have a little conviction in your answers and keep a cool head as the HR guy will try to grill you to change your mind). We were done after this and went to bed.

The next day we went to a shop and completed three tests.. One was about Mayan numerals, one was an ethics test on a case study and the other was a group of timed hands on tests (such as testing ph, assembly of a valve, using a voltmeter, etc). After this we were split into groups again and were given 45 mins to produce a general presentation about Baker Hughes.

Finally HR called us into a room one by one and we were given a quick yes or no for an offer in a specific product line at a specific geographic location.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficult task that you had to overcome. What was it? How did you overcome it?   View Answer
    They give you 3 days to accept the formal offer.

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Baker Hughes in November 2014.

Applied online, got the HireVue interview right away. It's the 9 questions as everyone else has mentioned on the page. It's awkward, but super convenient because you can do it on our own time. I did some practise questions and I think that helped me get over the awkwardness. I'm still waiting to hear back from them, it has been less than a week since the interview... I think it went well.

Interview Questions
    • I found the questions to be quite similar, so I struggled coming up with new scenarios or examples to draw on.   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Applied online. Got an email in a week to do the digital interview via HireVue. 9 behavioral questions (almost the same as those mentioned in these posts). One month passed from the interview still no new update.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the time you need to use your technical knowledge   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer - Canada Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes in November 2014.

I applied online, in Sept 2014 I got an email in Nov 2014 for online digital interview.

9 questions - almost same questions that everyone got; I think I did well, still waiting for their response..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leduc, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leduc, AB

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in November 2014.

The first step is to apply online, similar to many other jobs. After the online application I received an email asking me to complete a digital interview containing 9 questions. About a week or two after the digital interview I received a call asking if I would like to take part in the BHE (Baker Hughes Experience). I went to the BHE and found that it was really well put together. They had managers from every service that they were hiring, and it was extremely informative. They sit everyone down at the end and tell you a yes/no. I was personally very impressed with the BHE, it was difficult but it shows that they care.

Now as a bonus I want to compare this to the Schlumberger (SLB) second round interview. SLB only had hiring managers from 2 of the services that were hiring. I found SLB constantly trying to amp up wireline, and if you asked them any questions they always acted as if SLB is the best. It was a lot of fun, but in my opinion the BHE did a much better job from a recruitment standpoint. This blew me away, as I was initially leaning towards SLB very heavily. Good job Baker Hughes!

Interview Questions
    • At the BHE - be ready to have your mind tested to the max. The debate was extremely difficult, they grill you extensively in front of the entire room. There are written tests, technical tests, team building mini-projects, presentations, and more. This is the hardest but most effective interview that I have ever taken part of, but by the end you will know whether or not Baker Hughes (or any field engineer) positions is right for you.

Which of the 5 Baker Hughes core values do you think you represent the most?

Answer Question
    It's generous, I don't think I will be doing much negotiation. Start date is also flexible.

2015 Opportunities- Graduate Field Engineer- Canada Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

First, Filled the online application form as usually. Then, waited a few months for an online interview notification. Afterwards, finished the online interview from Hirevue in a week or so. I'm expecting for next step.

Interview Questions
    • Complete unexpected interview questions in just three minutes. Unable to repeat your opinions or clearly express my statement without further questions.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Just finished a digital interview last week, still waiting for the result. The interview questions were all very long. I had 9 questions and 30 seconds to prepare for each. Overall I think did all right.

Interview Questions
    • What was a situation that you found a past solution did not work? How did you deal with it? What was the result?   View Answer