Bain & Company Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct, 2014

3.8

152 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company.

First Round: 2 case interviews with Senior Consultants and Consultants
Second Round: 2 case interviews with Principals/Partners and 1 Experience interview with a principal/partner

Most important thing is to be confident and have excellent math skills. I made some math errors, but it was not a big deal because I had shown excellent math skills in my first round interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Negotiation Case - Was not expecting one of those   View Answer
No Negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company.

very difficult process. First there are 2 case interviews about 30 minutes each. then final round has 3 45 minute interviews. Definitely recommend that you practice cases as much as possible, and try to set up interviews with smaller firms first.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company in October 2012.

First Round of Interviews for a full time position. Consists of 2 30 minute business case interviews.

There are no behavioral interview questions on the first round, they are just testing if you can do the business case or not. This might throw the candidates off a bit, because it seems like they don't care about who you actually are.

They are very focused on the 80/20 rule. You need to seek out the 2-3 analysis' with the biggest impact and go through those VERY quickly and impressively to get to the Second round.

The interviewers were very rude and they did not seem like they care or respect the candidates.

Interview Questions
    • First case: A credit card company that is planning on launching a new airmiles reward card.
      Second case: A gold mining company looking in to expanding into copper mining
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company in October 2012.

Two rounds of interviews - first round on campus, second round at office. Extremely friendly interviewers. My first round-interviewer gave me tips for second round! Lots of math, lots of graphs, one brainsteaser during second round. Overall very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • A foreign investor wants to take down a highway and build real estate over it. Is she crazy?   Answer Question
    No negotiations for associate consultant position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bain & Company in May 2010.

They called ahead to run mock cases. Very pleasant to deal with. The interview itself consisted of two case studies only. No personal questions. Very numerical.

Interview Questions
    • The case questions. There were no questions based on my background.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company.

Applied through on-campus recruiting, you end up going through pretty standard case interviews for a consulting firm. People were really really nice and I enjoyed going through the cases with them. They ended up calling back a couple hours later saying that I got the final round, so I'm waiting on that in the next week or so.

Interview Questions
    • What are potential costs associated with building out hospital IT infrastructure?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company.

Had a first round interview. It consisted of two case interviews- not behavioral at all. The interviewers were very nice and did their best to make the interview seem relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather have $1,000,000 or 1/100 of a cent for every emoji sent in the USA today?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bain & Company.

Recruited through school, they made a very good presentation and ensured that prospective candidates understood the whole process in detail. They held several workshops to prep for the case interviews with associate consultants. Interview of first round consisted of 2 interviews with a case manager and a principal. One case was a new venture and the other was increasing profits in an insurance company

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied after attending the on campus info-session, and received a first round after a week or so. Before the interview, there was a case workshop to help prepare you for the interview. First round consisted of 2 back to back case interviews, 45 minutes each. There were no behavior component for either of my interviews, and the cases were rather typical. The interviewers were very helpful, and I would say that it was a more interviewer led interview (compared to other management consulting firms' interviewee led interview style).

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santiago (Chile)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santiago (Chile)

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company.

The process starts with a analytical test, like GMAT. It seems to be a hard test. You must answer 20 questions in 30 minutes. If you get approved on the test they'll call you to a first round interview, which consist in two cases interviews. Intervierwers are senior consultants. You must show you know how to approach to a business case. Is you get approved on the first round, they call you for the final round of interviews, with the partners.