Babies "R" Us

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Baby Registry Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Babies "R" Us in January 2013.

Interview Details Normally getting an interview is the easy part if they call you when they do there should be about 2 interviews. One is the group interview & the 2nd is individual. They'll have you play a game showing if you can work in a team. Also a separate part asking you about yourself.

Interview Question – What would you say your weakness are?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't really negotiate.

Team Member/Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

Interview Details Completed the application and in two days I was called for a group interview I showed up and less than a week later I was offered the job that I accepted.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Sales Team Member Interview

Sales Team Member

I applied online and interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

Interview Details Applied online. There was a group interview followed by an individual interview with HR and the store manager.

Interview Question – Pick a toy and come up with a possible television commercial with the other people in the group interview in only a few minutes. Then present commercial to interviewers.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Babies "R" Us in July 2010.

Interview Details We were required to do sales skits with other interviewees and then had a one-on-one with the interviewer. We had to present a certain product to the group and explain why they should or should not purchase that particular item. We had to do a side-by-side comparison for different products.

Interview Question – What do you expect for pay?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Holland, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Babies "R" Us in January 2014.

Interview Details It was a group interview with a total of 4 people including myself. There were two employees interviewing us. We first were broken up into teams to put together a block puzzle.We were asked about our best and worst shopping experience. Next we were given a total of 5-7 minutes to know about two different products and had to pitch sell them both to the other group interviewees. We also had to incorporate their two credit cards into our pitch.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty easy but pitching two products I had just learned about while trying to incorporate their credit card polices was most difficult.   Answer Question

Sales Team Member Interview

Sales Team Member
Oxnard, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Babies "R" Us in June 2013.

Interview Details This was the worst interview I have ever been to. It started off with 3 of us potential employees then one by one we went into the office with the manager, human resource lady and department manager. There was a lot of silence in the room and the manager didn't even look up at me or give me any eye contact the whole time. I said I was reliable, trustworthy and a hard worker and the HR lady shrugged her shoulders and said she hates that when people say that. She made me feel really small and I actually cried when I got home. Needless to say I didn't get the job but I wasn't gonna take it anyway after the way she treated me.

Interview Question – Why do you wanna work at Babies R Us?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Wayne, NJ (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Babies "R" Us in September 2010.

Interview Details I was recommended for interview by someone already working in the business. I met with over 10 different people over 4 separate visits, spread over a few months - so be prepared for the process to take a while potentially. I met with all levels of the business, including the CEO, which gives you a great perspective on the business, the people and the culture. In addition to interviews there was extensive psychometric testing.

Interview Question – What has been the most challenging experience where conflict was involved? What was your role, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was all inclusive and nonnegotiable.

Very Easy Interview

Cashier/Back of House Interview

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Babies "R" Us in March 2013.

Interview Details Showed up to the interview, the manager wasn't there even though it was my scheduled time. Did an interview with a Assistant Manager, and then came back for another interview with the GM. The interview was basic stuff, past job experience, challenges I've overcome, etc. Nothing unexpected or out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – There was none, it was a really easy interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

Interview Details Interview was friendly

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

Interview Details I was called and asked to attend a group interview - very laid back interview - played with toys, answered questions about our childhood games and toys - asked to leave hiring room so individual interviews could take place - was brought in for interview - the HR and the SM asked questions

Interview Question – Asked if I had an issue with working at a different store despite being hired at the one I was being interviewed for.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - Not sure if they would be up to it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Babies "R" Us

Worked for Babies "R" Us? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Babies "R" Us interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Babies "R" Us employees and interview candidates.