Babies "R" Us Interview Questions

Updated 9 Sep, 2014
Updated 9 Sep, 2014

2.5

Front End Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

I had to call them after a few weeks because no one called me back, yet they called back a friend of mine who applied a week or two before me. They gave me an interview date over the phone that was about a week after the phone call and the next day they told me I got the job. No drug test was done.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you faced a difficult situation at work and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Starting wage at my PA store was $7.75 which wasn't bad because I only worked $7.25 jobs before.

Sales Associate Interview

Group interviews. Don't wear jeans to interview. Stand out and smile. Make sure to be a leader amongst the group of individuals. Be prepared to speak in front of group. Do not be the quiet one of the group.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like to obtain within 5 years and how are you going to do it?   Answer Question
    None

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

You are called in for group interviews and from there if they like you, you have individual interviews. If you pass both pending back round check you will get the job.

Interview Questions
    • They give you a product and give you around ten minutes to review it and then you have to sell it.   Answer Question
    They wont negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Group interview with 3 other candidates. Started off building a toy and selling it, then asked to sell other items from the store. Then we each went to a room to do an individual interview with the manager.

Team Member/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

Completed the application and in two days I was called for a group interview I showed up and less than a week later I was offered the job that I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Sales Team Member Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

Applied online. There was a group interview followed by an individual interview with HR and the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Pick a toy and come up with a possible television commercial with the other people in the group interview in only a few minutes. Then present commercial to interviewers.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Holland, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Babies "R" Us in January 2014.

It was a group interview with a total of 4 people including myself. There were two employees interviewing us. We first were broken up into teams to put together a block puzzle.We were asked about our best and worst shopping experience. Next we were given a total of 5-7 minutes to know about two different products and had to pitch sell them both to the other group interviewees. We also had to incorporate their two credit cards into our pitch.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty easy but pitching two products I had just learned about while trying to incorporate their credit card polices was most difficult.   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

Interview was friendly

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

I was called and asked to attend a group interview - very laid back interview - played with toys, answered questions about our childhood games and toys - asked to leave hiring room so individual interviews could take place - was brought in for interview - the HR and the SM asked questions

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I had an issue with working at a different store despite being hired at the one I was being interviewed for.   View Answer
    No negotiation - Not sure if they would be up to it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

I didn't have an interview because I had already worked for Toys R Us and they are the same company.

Interview Questions
    • The customer situation questions, " What would you do if......?   Answer Question

Worked for Babies "R" Us? Contribute to the Community!