BP

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Supply Chain Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BP.

Interview Details Applied online and got an phone interview

Interview Question – working experience   Answer Question

Detroit, MI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BP in October 2012.

Interview Details On Campus interview. Fairly standard, behavioral questions. Asked me to walk thru my resume. I think I did well, considering I had more relevant experience than anyone else. I think they were more looking for someone to develop rather than someone who already knew things.

Interview Question – Do you want to work upstream or down stream   View Answer

Supply Chain Analyst

The process took 3 days - interviewed at BP in October 2011.

Interview Details The process was very manageable but lasted longer than usual. This interview was 1.5 hours, which is a lot of time to talk to one person. The interviewer was very fair but the dialogues has no freedom to them. Everything was done by a packet of instruction he held. This made it very difficult to connect with the interviewer.

Interview Question – Can't remember the question exactly, but the interviewer gave me the data for two different suppliers, A and B. Then using the data I had to reason through which one to do business with.   Answer Question

Houston, TX (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at BP in October 2011.

Interview Details Felt the interview was pretty challenging. Ive interviewed with over 15 companies in the last month, and this interview was both the longest and most challenging. It lasted over 75 minutes and consisted of both behavorial questions in addition to a skills test.

The skills test consisted of a case study about an international deal. I didn't get the offer, but I learned a lot about interviewing after meeting with them.

Interview Question – Tell me about a decision you made perhaps too quickly.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at BP in November 2010.

Interview Details Travel arrangements were great, they insisted to me to fly even with my willingness to drive. There were two panel interviews, one technical and one behavioral. The technical interview started with an explanation of BP, the organizational structure of the department and how the position fitted in the structure. I was asked to give an example on every answer and they keep drilling on my answers to a great detail. The second interview was a behavioral case questions; also they require examples in every answer. This interview process was one of the toughest one that I had ever encountered although they were very respectful.

Interview Questions

• How you given career coaching to a subordinate? Please provide an example.   Answer Question
  • Provide an example of a situation when one of your ideas have been rejected.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BP in January 2011.

Interview Details Applied online, in a couple of weeks was invited to skill tests - verbal and numerical. They were very short - 30 minutes altogether. You need to do them in one go, one after another. I found them much easier than SHL. A couple of weeks after, I got invited to the interview phase - 2 interviews in one day. Competency interview was 45 min and very plesant. The questions were strictly personalised and related to the CV. Competencies - innovativeness, achievements, etc. Technical interview was a business case and lasted 1h. Commercial acumen, communicating your structure of thoughts is very important.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at BP

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BP Supply Chain Analyst interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by BP employees and interview candidates.