BP Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct, 2014

3.3

Intern Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP.

Applied through website, interview on campus

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where you did not make as much impact as you would have liked   Answer Question

BP Intern Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BP.

Got an interview with BP on October 10. Interviewed with 2 engineers. One team lead, one engineer. The team lead asked all the questions. Both of them have a sheet taking what you answered and maybe there is a mark I guess. 100% behavior questions. Whole process took a hour.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BP in October 2013.

The initial application process was your standard online application process (upload CV/resume, cover letter, transcripts). I was contacted less than a week after the submission deadline for a face-to-face panel interview. An information session was also held prior to the interview day and served as a sort of meet-and-greet for the candidates and the interviewers. The interview itself had three main divisions: a warm-up "tell me about yourself", then behavioural-based questions, and then an overview of my academics and a walk-through of my CV. Overall it was a very pleasant experience, a lot of which I am sure is attributable to the very personable recruiter.

Technical Architect Interview

It was a long process

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Was hired out of university. Full interview and selection process. Was hired within a month of interview.

As a new hire, there was not negotiation.

Environmental Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BP in October 2011.

45 minutes 2:1 telephone interview. Submitted resume through our career centre and was contacted 3 weeks after. Pure behavioural questions. Mostly focus on time management and people skills. Starting with small talks for ice breaking. Then the interview will start when they know you are ready. last five minutes is for questions and they will give you a short description of the department you will be working in.

Interview Questions
    • I was told during the interview that You're overqualified for this position.   Answer Question

Engineer In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP in October 2011.

I applied to the position at the beginning of the year through the university website and got a call for the first round of interviews about a month later. The first interview was pretty standard and the interviewer asked the normal interview questions "Tell me of a time when you worked in a team", etc. After that I was invited to a second technical interview where we visited the headquarters. Here we were given a few presentations about the company and later interviewed by two current engineers. Here we got asked technical questions regarding the oil and gas industry which were pretty specific.

Interview Questions
    • What are the different types of compressors that can are used in industry?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

The process took a dayinterviewed at BP in May 2011.

Applied for a job online and received a phone call 3 weeks later for an interview.

The interview process consisted of 2 1-hour interview back to back (total of 2 hours). Questions were mostly behavioral (tell me about a time...) and a bit of discussion about the work history and background. Left the interview feeling like is went really well.

Got a call back 3 days later from HR to tell that they decided to go with an internal candidate. Found out later via the grapevine that they had created a position for this person because they didn`t know what to do with him. Complete waste of my time and theirs so beware of the ``Fake Interview`with this company.

Site Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP in May 2011.

Behaviour. No very technical

Non existing

New Grad Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BP in August 2010.

worked at BP as an internship student then had an exit interview which consisted of 2 senior engineers asking technical questions and one HR person asking a few behavioral questions. Mostly technical questions though, based on the position i was in, to test my understanding. But for the internship interview it was 100% behavioral with questions like 'how do you define success and based on this definition have you been successful so far?'

for the exit interview there was also a case study portion where you were given a past situation where the company had to evaluate and decide on options for how to go ahead with projects. More focus on safety and operations in the case studies.

Interview Questions
    • how do you define success and based on this definition have you been successful so far?   Answer Question
    • describe a situation where you had to make a technical recommendation to seniors and the steps you took to deliver it in a useful way?   Answer Question