BJC HealthCare

Updated 10 Jan, 2015
Updated 10 Jan, 2015

2.7

RN Interview

Very slow on follow up. It takes HR forever to make a decision. The process leaves a lot to be desired on the communication front. Poor negotiating skills. Salaries do not follow the going market rate.

Interview Questions

The level of responsibility did not match the salary

Patient Care Technician Interview

Process involved a few question quiz on basic vitals and med terms followed by the actual interview. The interview was all situational based and they then told basics about what the job would be expected out of you if you get the position. Following the interview you went up to meet the lead nurse who would show you around and ask you if you have any questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you have never looked up PCA situation questions Id suggest you do so   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

They asked me 0 questions and asked me instead what questions I had. I had researched the position in advance so was ready.

Yes, a little.

Pct Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at BJC HealthCare in March 2014.

It was a nice experience they were really interested in what I wanted to do with my future. They were concerned about all of the experience I've had in the past and why I left my last position. I actually recieved a call back the next day after my interview.

Research Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Emailed resume and coverletter, took a few weeks to hear for interview invitation, 3 panels in the interview group, went for an hour, took a couple months to hear the result

Full Time CNA Day Shift - Progress West Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O Fallon, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in O Fallon, MO (US)

I applied online – interviewed at BJC HealthCare in January 2014.

The women in HR were very unorganized and poor communication with each other. They took a long time to return any of my calls. I wouldn't apply for another position or would ever want to work there.

Clinical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Most new hires go through an internship process. It is a very informative period where the intern learns a great deal about a wide variety of equipment.

Performance Improvement Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BJC HealthCare.

There was a several week delay between my first contact and a call to schedule the face to face interview. Once the interview finally happened it was a panel of about 10 people asking me questions from a list. Normally it would have been intimidating but everyone was very laid back and friendly. I was asked back the next day for a second face to face interview with the departments Sr. Management. These were just a formality and one last chance to make sure I was not a jerk. The offer came within the week.

Interview Questions
    • Not any one question comes to mind. Be prepared to discuss in detail your experience with Lean and Six Sigma.   Answer Question
    Some room on salary, none on benefits/vacation.

Medical Assistant Interview

Get through interview with HR then they will send you to the office for an interview with the Office manager. If the office manager likes you then you can meet the Doctors and they choose after that

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at BJC HealthCare.

The interview process took nearly 2 years. It was a new/specialized position in an innovative area charged with standardizing systems and processes across hospitals that had previously been autonomously organized. I talked with people representing business, information technology, methodology and management over about 15 meetings.
    This was an exciting opportunity to establish new project delivery practices in a fast-paced, highly charged, highly visible, and highly valuable work environment.
    <Note that this page does not allow interview processes to take ove 365 days. This one was non-standard and took nearly 2 years.>

Interview Questions
    • What area do you want to focus on? Process improvement, quality management, project management?   View Answer
    The offering was fair for the market. Benefits were solid with matching 401K, and health/dental/vision insurance. Earned time off was below expectations. Negotiated job start date, and a draw on Earned Time Off.