BJ's Restaurants

Updated 4 Nov, 2014

2.2

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

applied online, took a week or two to have them get back to me. hiring manager was nice, and the interview process was not intimidating. lasted for about 20 minutes. he was straight forward and i got hired immediately

Interview Questions
  • not difficult, but the question "Why do you want to work here" can be sometimes difficult   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BJ's Restaurants

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in September 2014.

Had two interviews with 2 of the 4 managers there, Joe White, and the GM Mark Reis.
    Overall each interview took about 15 minutes and they were basic questions about my experience and my experiences there. Joe was extremely professional, where to Mark was a bit more laid back and worried about little things like appearance, but all in all it was a swift and easy procedure.

Interview Questions
    Mafter a day or two of my application being submitted I was offered a job as a server. After the interviews they told me my first day, and that was all.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in July 2014.

3 interviews. Normally you interview with the GM last but when i showed up after being scheduled an interview he was the only manager there ..,,after interviewing with him i interviewed with 2 other managers. Questions were standard. Tell me about yourself and why i want to work at BJs... Communication was bad after my last interview but eventually got told i got the job and went to orientation

Just look sharp, smile a lot and be cool/relaxed

No neg

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

I applied online and they called me about a month later for an interview. I was hired on the spot after interviewing with two managers, one of which was the GM. The interviews were rather long and they asked a lot of questions. Most were general interview/restaurant questions so they could get to know you, but some were rather difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at BJs and why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite food from here and how would you describe it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself and your restaurant experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in May 2014.

I applied online and actually called the restaurant to let them know I had applied and if I could speak to a manager. the manager talked to me over the phone and asked me to come in for a first interview. She was pretty down to earth. she asked me about my previous Job experience as a server, Why I wanted to work at BJ's and the standard BJ's trys to accomplish with all their restaurants. She said she was impressed and she past me along to the General Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in March 2014.

I was part of a mass hiring recently for a new location opening up. I applied on Friday the 21st of March, got called within the next two days to swing by on Monday behind the new location in the hiring trailer. I saw about 10 other people while I was there, within a half hour I had been interviewed and he gave me the option to hang out while he called my references or head out and he'd give me a call later. I chose to stay and wait; and within 15 minutes he had called my references. As soon as he cleared my references he passed me onto another manager who was filling out people's information in the computer (mass hiring so they had an "assembly line" set up).

Because the restaurant wasn't yet finished constructing I did have to wait until April 3rd to do orientation and the subsequent training took place between the 7th and the 19th but it was a BRAND NEW restaurant.

Interview Questions
    It's a tip paying job so no negotiation. However they were very flexible with my hours.

Server Interview

Applied online, was called within the week to go in for an interview ASAP, interviewed the next day and got the job. Started training the next day and was on the floor within a week.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

I applied online and got a call within ten minutes of submitting the application. They had me come in that day to interview, then I was offered a job by the time I left their hiring center. It was for a new restaurant opening up so the volume of people they needed to hire was larger than average.They asked pretty basic interview questions, you'll get the job as long as you give common sense, 'good service is the most important thing in my life' answers

Interview Questions
    • They asked for an example of the last time you dealt with a difficult customer. That's as difficult as it got.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in October 2013.

Contacted by phone, meet with a manager and discuss work history, discuss availability, after hired intense training happens. You are given a copy of the menu with descriptions, you follow another server for a few days. You are then tested on the information and passing the test is the only way to get hired.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in July 2013.

Walked-In and showed general manager the resume, he loved it. There were three interviews, each with a different manager. For me, I secured the job the day I walked in, so it is difficult to know how scrutinous they can be. I can assure that The general manager is extremely sharp, and very capable of making it difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Utter silence. a blank stare. "Tell me your story" was the look, and I was expected to fill the airwaves. It was a shocker   View Answer
    No negotiation.