BJ's Restaurants Server Interview Questions

Updated 24 Mar, 2015

2.3

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Cerritos, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process is mainly about your previous restaurant work experience if any. your customer service skills and ability to work with a big team. Weekends are almost necessary to be available to work since it is the busiest time of the week. be a multi tasker and the ability to communicate with many personalities. you will have 2-3 interviews so multiple managers can have a taste of the type of person you are before officially hired

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had an issue with a guest and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BJ's Restaurants

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Laurel, MD (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I went through two interviews. One with a corporate manager and then with the General Manager. The interview was basically a conversation. They are trying to feel out your personality.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

applied online, took a week or two to have them get back to me. hiring manager was nice, and the interview process was not intimidating. lasted for about 20 minutes. he was straight forward and i got hired immediately

Interview Questions

• not difficult, but the question "Why do you want to work here" can be sometimes difficult   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (McAllen, TX (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Had two interviews with 2 of the 4 managers there, Joe White, and the GM Mark Reis.
    Overall each interview took about 15 minutes and they were basic questions about my experience and my experiences there. Joe was extremely professional, where to Mark was a bit more laid back and worried about little things like appearance, but all in all it was a swift and easy procedure.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Mafter a day or two of my application being submitted I was offered a job as a server. After the interviews they told me my first day, and that was all.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in July 2014.

Interview

3 interviews. Normally you interview with the GM last but when i showed up after being scheduled an interview he was the only manager there ..,,after interviewing with him i interviewed with 2 other managers. Questions were standard. Tell me about yourself and why i want to work at BJs... Communication was bad after my last interview but eventually got told i got the job and went to orientation

Just look sharp, smile a lot and be cool/relaxed

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No neg

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Lubbock, TX (US)).

Interview

I applied online and they called me about a month later for an interview. I was hired on the spot after interviewing with two managers, one of which was the GM. The interviews were rather long and they asked a lot of questions. Most were general interview/restaurant questions so they could get to know you, but some were rather difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at BJs and why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite food from here and how would you describe it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself and your restaurant experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Irvine, CA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and actually called the restaurant to let them know I had applied and if I could speak to a manager. the manager talked to me over the phone and asked me to come in for a first interview. She was pretty down to earth. she asked me about my previous Job experience as a server, Why I wanted to work at BJ's and the standard BJ's trys to accomplish with all their restaurants. She said she was impressed and she past me along to the General Manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Katy, TX (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

I was part of a mass hiring recently for a new location opening up. I applied on Friday the 21st of March, got called within the next two days to swing by on Monday behind the new location in the hiring trailer. I saw about 10 other people while I was there, within a half hour I had been interviewed and he gave me the option to hang out while he called my references or head out and he'd give me a call later. I chose to stay and wait; and within 15 minutes he had called my references. As soon as he cleared my references he passed me onto another manager who was filling out people's information in the computer (mass hiring so they had an "assembly line" set up).

Because the restaurant wasn't yet finished constructing I did have to wait until April 3rd to do orientation and the subsequent training took place between the 7th and the 19th but it was a BRAND NEW restaurant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's a tip paying job so no negotiation. However they were very flexible with my hours.

Server Interview

Interview

Applied online, was called within the week to go in for an interview ASAP, interviewed the next day and got the job. Started training the next day and was on the floor within a week.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within ten minutes of submitting the application. They had me come in that day to interview, then I was offered a job by the time I left their hiring center. It was for a new restaurant opening up so the volume of people they needed to hire was larger than average.They asked pretty basic interview questions, you'll get the job as long as you give common sense, 'good service is the most important thing in my life' answers

Interview Questions

• They asked for an example of the last time you dealt with a difficult customer. That's as difficult as it got.   Answer Question