BJ's Restaurants

Updated 4 Nov, 2014
Updated 4 Nov, 2014

2.1

Delivery/Takeout Interview

The interview and hiring process was fairly quick. This particular location holds open interviews every Monday and Tuesday from 2 to 4pm. I went in on Monday and had an interview, we set one up for Tuesday, and my last one was with the GM on a Thursday. He offered me the position on the spot. The following day, which was a Friday, I had orientation.

Interview Questions
    Since I have no experience in the food service industry, plus making tips, there was no negotiations.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

applied online, took a week or two to have them get back to me. hiring manager was nice, and the interview process was not intimidating. lasted for about 20 minutes. he was straight forward and i got hired immediately

Interview Questions
    • not difficult, but the question "Why do you want to work here" can be sometimes difficult   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in September 2014.

Had two interviews with 2 of the 4 managers there, Joe White, and the GM Mark Reis.
    Overall each interview took about 15 minutes and they were basic questions about my experience and my experiences there. Joe was extremely professional, where to Mark was a bit more laid back and worried about little things like appearance, but all in all it was a swift and easy procedure.

Interview Questions
    Mafter a day or two of my application being submitted I was offered a job as a server. After the interviews they told me my first day, and that was all.

Dishwasher/Food Prep Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

I applied online and the next morning received a phone call to come in for an interview. Was interviewed for the first time, then I was asked to wait until I could talk to the GM (the same day- 20 min. later) and was offered a job afterwards on the spot. If you are what they are looking for and you have experience, you should have no problem getting hired.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you more qualified for this position than others?   Answer Question

Prep Cook Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in August 2014.

My interview was more basic because I had three friends who worked there that recommended me to the gm. I got called a week after I did the application and was hired on the spot. The questions were basically What was I interested in doing, what kind of prep experience do I have? Why am I leaving my current job? What about the company appeals to me.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses? Always a hard question.   View Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in August 2014.

The environment for this interview was very nice, it was just the person I was being interviewed by. Yes, it was my first interview, but i was't even given a chance. He acted like I was wasting his time and didn't really have any kind of interest in interviewing me, or anyone else for that matter. I was interviewed by one of the chefs, I'm assuming because of his chef jacket, which was a little odd to me. None-the-less, within 5 minutes he pretty much told they weren't going to hire me.

Service Assistant Interview

Three interviews, basic questions. Asked about past work experience. Asked about weaknesses and strengths. Took about two weeks to hire. Pay was nonnegotiable. I had to go in in-person for them to even look at my resume. If you look sharp you will mostly likely get the job.

No negotiation

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in July 2014.

Very pleasant yet short talk with the manager on duty. I felt it went well. I told the manager I was up for the challenge and enjoyed customer service. I felt like they take a lot of pride in putting the customer first.

Interview Questions
    • I don't have any recent experience so I had to sell myself as a great person to take a chance on.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in July 2014.

3 interviews. Normally you interview with the GM last but when i showed up after being scheduled an interview he was the only manager there ..,,after interviewing with him i interviewed with 2 other managers. Questions were standard. Tell me about yourself and why i want to work at BJs... Communication was bad after my last interview but eventually got told i got the job and went to orientation

Just look sharp, smile a lot and be cool/relaxed

No neg

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

The interview process was really relaxed asked a few questions basic "why do you want to work here" questions and the interview was over. He told me that he would call back thurssday morning but never called back but i wasn't to worried.