BHP Billiton Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct, 2014
Updated 19 Oct, 2014

2.9

Contracts Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BHP Billiton.

Took 3 months to get the initial call (they said it was due to reorg in the department ) - the HR phone interview went well. Got called for main interview. In the meantime also had to write 2 online tests - numerical and verbal reasoning. Not sure why the numerical since i was being interviewed for an assistant role in the contracts dept. (that job title is not listed in the menu hence i had to select contracts spec). the main interview was okay - the questions were mostly behavioral, the interviewers were very polite and courteous, but there were lots of questions on workplace/occupational safety - again not sure why since i was interviewing to be an assistant. Also when you reach their office for the interview you have to watch a safety video and answer Qs on that. All in all a positive experience though I didn't get the job, but would I apply to BHP again, yes I definitely would. I liked what I saw in general.

Reliability Engineer Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BHP Billiton in October 2012.

Interview process was long and waiting. I applied in july and got a call in september 2012 for the first HR interview. I prepared for it so it went very succesfully. they then sent me couple of tests. Numerical reasoning and verbal reasoning which I also practiced quite a lot and actually scored very well as I asked the HR lady and she confirmed that I did very well. I got around 16/18 in the numerical and it was really very hard test. Then i got a call for the final interview the the hiring manager. I had a week and I studied very hard, got a week's time off actually and I explored BHP in all the ways I can. googled the company, read the charter and also prepared myself for all the questions. Then the big day came, it was a video conference room and I was very confident and I gave about 90% answers correct technical answers. I have given around 15 interviews in my life and this was the second best. I even ran through bhp 's charter, handbook, videos, production, projects..anything i can think of as I really wanted to get in the company..My interview was actually prolonged to an hour and 12-15 mins and I had a great feeling after the interview..Unfortunately they replied back to me that they will not be proceeding any further with the recruitment process.. I dont know why. Probably there may be ppl more knowledgeable then me I guess

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BHP Billiton in November 2011.

Phone interview:

Tell me about your education?
    What do you know about the mining industry? BHP?
    ...and some other phone interview questions.

PC1 Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BHP Billiton.

I applied online and after a month they contacted me via email. After couple of weeks I got a call for a face to face interview. It was very informal. They asked normal behavior question and walk down in the plant.

only offer i got

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BHP Billiton.

Phone screening, 2 to one with Senior manager and Vice President of department. Asked for background, experience, gave details of role, standard questions "give us an example of..." "Tell us a situation where". Asked about knowledge of the company.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you know the businesses in the company, as it is a huge company recommend doing research on all of the arms.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate and got what i wanted after standing my ground on Salary.

Petrophysicist Interview

interviewed at BHP Billiton in September 2014.

Got the interview call via on-campus recruitment. Their HR contacted me by mail and there was a pre-interview dinner. The first round was behavioural and mostly about my research experience

Interview Questions
    • If I asked your advisor, what would he/she say was your biggest strength and biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Data Improvement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wollongong (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wollongong (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Was recruited through an employment company on contract basis. Interview process was limited because they wanted my expertise. Phone interview firstly then a 1:1 interview with the HR manager. Job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What can I bring to the company long term.   View Answer
    Accepted the job on their base offer.

Senior Maintenance Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview about code of conduct and behavioural based questions, give examples in the star basis, situation, task, action, result. Process takes around an hour, research the BHP code of conduct and you will find it easy.

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BHP Billiton.

2 interviews . one by phone and the last one through video conference. However, this was before many of the changes in processes at the company. Then i had to go through a personality test where you draw cards and you have to put them in different stacks. This is is to understand how you think.

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

there was nothing particular about the hiring process, it was what could be described as a regular process, position advertised, applied for, review of CV's, short listing, interviewing, consideration, offer, acceptance, set start date.

set price