BDO USA Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct, 2014
Updated 23 Oct, 2014

2.8

Auduit Staff Interview

Got accepted to an on-campus interview, all conversational. The on-site interview was the exact same.

Pathway's to Success SLP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA.

Applied through my university's career resource website. I was setup with an interview on campus shortly after. Interview was pretty straightforward with a lot of conversation and very little questions. About a few weeks later I was notified through a phone call that I was selected to attend their SLP in Chicago.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you took a chance in school or in the workplace?   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA.

It is an on campus interview and the interview process is smooth and normal. There is no difficult question. The interviewer is friendly and easy to talk with, even though he has a high position in the firm. There is no difficult or unexpected question. Self-introduction. Time-management, strength and weakness.

Interview Questions
    • There is no difficult question. The time-management one is kinda unexpected.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA.

The first round interview is on campus, and the second round is office visit. I haven't got feedback from the first round interview yet. The interview process is not difficult. All questions I got are related to my resume, and I didn't get behavioral question. The interviewer is pretty nice, and he left half the time to let me ask questions.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

Campus interview

Interview Questions
    • One technical question, fairly easy, simple journal entries. Rest were personality/behavioral questions for different situations.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

Like other big accounting firms recruiting process. I had one on-campus interview and one in-house interview.
    The on-campus interview was more focus on my past internship experience and educational background. Question: What the difference between your first and second internship? What's the major difference you have found between your last internship and at school? How do you deal with am teammate who didn't perform his/her responsibility?
    The in-house interview started with the brief background of the company's culture and value. The recruiter explained the agenda of the day. I was interviewed by two interviewers, one is a director and the other is a manager. The key of this interview is show them yourself and be conformable. The first interviewer was very aggressive of asking me lots of questions. The second interviewer was lay back and asked me to ask he question first.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with am teammate who didn't perform his/her responsibility? If the particular team members didn't have the ability, what will do?   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

I had an on-campus interview with a partner and it was overall very smooth and conversational. Within the same day, I got an offer for the office-visit interview. There were three interviewers and they were all nice and friendly, no unexpected questions. Everyone else in the office was all very welcoming and approachable, which made me feel relaxed before and in-between the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Not in particular. Just be ready to talk about yourself and be confident.   Answer Question

Assurance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

This was a two step interview involving an on campus interview and an in person interview. The interviewer asked the usual questions but seemed terribly uninformed and kept talking over or trying to anticipate my answers when I would answer.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a difficult person to work with? What did you do?   Answer Question

I had a better offer with a Big 4 company.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

Great company! Very friendly and accommodating. Enthusiastic culture. Although, BDO wants their candidates to come in knowing either tax or audit. They are not a middle market firm that will allow you to experience both.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

Online application through campus career site.
    On campus interview for UCSB- Pretty straight forward, walked through the resume that was turned in and asked why BDO. Seemed easy to talk with and really accommodating to my questions and interests.
    On site interview in San Diego- Did not seem like they had expected me when I walked in. The interviews were pretty straight forward and also centered on my resume and behavioral questions. Went to lunch after with other associates and interviewed with three people individually.
    Took a while to get back to me.

Interview Questions
    • If you got the job right now and we told you in the future to start up a new company, what would you do? ( or something along those lines)   Answer Question