BDO USA Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct, 2014
Updated 28 Oct, 2014

2.7

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BDO USA.

Had an on campus interview first which lasted for 30 mins. i was then invited to the office for 3 interviews with partners and managers and had lunch. The interviews were pretty conversational

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA.

I initially met with a partner for an on campus interview - very conversational. The next week I went to their office and I had three one on one interviews with a partner and two managers - also very conversational.

I had another offer.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BDO USA.

I contacted Human Resources about job possibilities and was promptly responded to. The interviewing process consisted of a preliminary phone interview and then an in-house interview. During the interview I met with multiple partners and managers of the firm. Overall the experience was great and having the chance to first year associates allowed me to get an honest feel of what I could expect of the firm.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were either general or based purely on your resume and goals. If you come prepared, did your research, and act like yourself you'll do fine.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BDO USA.

Phone and then in person interview there was nothing difficult about it. Pretty standard interview process. After the decision was made to make an offer they do a background check.

They wanted me to take a lower salary, I said I couldn't

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA.

It started with pre-recruiting night, followed by a school interview with a manager, then an office interview with a two managers and a partner. There was an optional office event at a local restaurant. It is strongly encouraged to attend the pre-second round event.

Other offers.

Tax Associate Interview

Behavioral interview. Very casual and didn't ask any technical accounting questions from class. Interviewer gave the feeling that they had already found a hire and wasn't planning to hiring me anyway.

Interview Questions
    • Rarely asked questions. I spent more time asking questions and interviewer just talked and gave answers.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I met some current employees from BDO at my school's career fairs over the course of two weeks or so. I applied online through campus recruiting both for my school and also on the BDO website. I got selected to come in for a first round interview which I was excited for. I had been in contact with one employee who was very encouraging and friendly. The tax manager was nice but didn't seem too interested or engaged.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of it was conversational, some more formal some more informal which was nice but it didn't give me the opportunity to showcase or even explain my skills and why I should be hired.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA.

BDO has a great culture. People are very friendly there and easy to talk to. The interviews were very conversational and you can tell that the professionals really want to get to know you. They also provide a pre-interview social/dinner before the campus interview so you will have the chance to meet the interviewer before you actually have the interview the next day.

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA.

Applied on campus career website. The first round interview was on campus with one of the partners. Very conversational, went over my resume, asked tons of questions about my interests, hobbies, allowed me to ask questions as well.
    Second interview was an office visit. 3 interviews. The interview with the director threw me off. She started by telling me she wanted to answer any questions I may have. It wound up on her talking about her children. Then interviewed with a manager and another person whose title I cannot remember.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a challenging situation as a team member, and how you handled it.   View Answer

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA.

Campus recruiting. About 30 mins interview with a manager or partner. Not difficult questions, just went over you resume and your background. Questions will be mostly about yourself and some behavioral questions like how to work in a team.