BDO USA

Updated 9 Nov, 2014
Updated 9 Nov, 2014

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA.

I applied through a campus career office and got scheduled an interview. The night before the interview there was a dinner that BDO took all the scheduled interviewees to. The setting was relaxed and there was no push to really socialize, really just an event to make us relax and meet the 1 or 2 associates that are at your table. Standard campus interview of 30 min, the first question threw me off and got me nervous, effected the rest of my interview negatively. Its been over a week but no reply as to whats happening with my recruitment process.

Interview Questions
    • started with "tell me more about yourself" then straight onto "how many pc's are there in the US"   Answer Question

BDO USA Response

Nov 11, 2014CHIEF PEOPLE OFFICER

We would like to see you receive a more timely reaction to your interview and I have to agree the PC trivia question is a surprising one and not so helpful in determining the best candidates to join ... More

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA.

Applied through campus recruiting. Did my first interview on campus. Interviewer promptly started off by asking why BDO, why you, why audit. Then, it became a conversation more or less. Very laid back. Easy first interview. It took them about 2 weeks for me to find out I got the 2nd interview. 2nd Round got one on one interviews with National Partner, Audit Sr Manager, Audit Manager, and Audit Director all for about 30 minutes each. Then went to dinner with new hire associates and the Sr. Associate. Got one technical accounting question, which was fairly easy. Don't worry if you get the answer wrong, as long as you can think the process through and understand how to solve the case conceptually, you will be fine. Everything else was behavioral or conversational. The whole 2nd round took about 4 hours. I was with a group of 5 other candidates. Still waiting to see if I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose BDO? Why did you choose audit? What about BDO interested you? The audit director laid out a scenario and told me how I would record the transaction, reverse the transactions, and reconcile it.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BDO USA.

Had an on campus interview first which lasted for 30 mins. i was then invited to the office for 3 interviews with partners and managers and had lunch. The interviews were pretty conversational

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA.

I initially met with a partner for an on campus interview - very conversational. The next week I went to their office and I had three one on one interviews with a partner and two managers - also very conversational.

I had another offer.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BDO USA.

I contacted Human Resources about job possibilities and was promptly responded to. The interviewing process consisted of a preliminary phone interview and then an in-house interview. During the interview I met with multiple partners and managers of the firm. Overall the experience was great and having the chance to first year associates allowed me to get an honest feel of what I could expect of the firm.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were either general or based purely on your resume and goals. If you come prepared, did your research, and act like yourself you'll do fine.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BDO USA.

Phone and then in person interview there was nothing difficult about it. Pretty standard interview process. After the decision was made to make an offer they do a background check.

They wanted me to take a lower salary, I said I couldn't

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA.

It started with pre-recruiting night, followed by a school interview with a manager, then an office interview with a two managers and a partner. There was an optional office event at a local restaurant. It is strongly encouraged to attend the pre-second round event.

Other offers.

Tax Associate Interview

Behavioral interview. Very casual and didn't ask any technical accounting questions from class. Interviewer gave the feeling that they had already found a hire and wasn't planning to hiring me anyway.

Interview Questions
    • Rarely asked questions. I spent more time asking questions and interviewer just talked and gave answers.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I met some current employees from BDO at my school's career fairs over the course of two weeks or so. I applied online through campus recruiting both for my school and also on the BDO website. I got selected to come in for a first round interview which I was excited for. I had been in contact with one employee who was very encouraging and friendly. The tax manager was nice but didn't seem too interested or engaged.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of it was conversational, some more formal some more informal which was nice but it didn't give me the opportunity to showcase or even explain my skills and why I should be hired.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

BDO has a great culture. People are very friendly there and easy to talk to. The interviews were very conversational and you can tell that the professionals really want to get to know you. They also provide a pre-interview social/dinner before the campus interview so you will have the chance to meet the interviewer before you actually have the interview the next day.