BB&T Teller Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr, 2015

2.4

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Greenville, SC (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

After applying to the position I received an email asking me to take a practice teller test which was a simulation where I had to decided how to respond to clients. A week later I received a call asking for an interview where I was asked basic questions with the manager and head teller. Afterwords they told me they would call within a few days.

Interview Questions

• If you were on a deserted island what 3 things would you bring?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for BB&T

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in January 2015.

Interview

Simple interview, the process took about three weeks. Applied online then received a link to do a Vision Simulation. I then had a phone screening and interview. I was under the impression that I would get the job and this was just a formality. In person interview had a banker and the store manager. Both made the interview more a conversational than interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Name a time you had an irate customer.
      Cash handling experience.
      Asked many specific questions about my former job.

1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BB&T (Morgantown, WV (US)).

Interview

I had three interviews. The first was with HR, the next two were with the Branch Managers. The Branch Managers decide if they want you on their team based on your answers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You tell them what you want to make and if it not much in their eyes, they will give you exactly that, not much is said after that. So start high and let them try to bring it down.

Teller Interview

Interview

Applied online, was contacted next day by HR rep and was basically an informal phone screening. Was contacted day after that for an in person interview later that week. Basic interview questions, nothing surprising or out of the ordinary. HR rep was very helpful. Was contacted a few weeks later with an offer.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

Interview

The interview process was easy. I went through two different panel interviews. The majority of the interview were behavioral questions. I submitted my application online and heard a response about two weeks later to attend my first round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question what would you do during your downtime at work?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T (College Park, MD (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Online Assessment test, Phone interview, Panel Interview.

Interview Questions

• What's the Difference between a team and a group? Also, I was told to sell a pen.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BB&T (Baltimore, MD (US)).

Interview

After my application I recieved an email asking me to take a teller test. I took it and got a call later that day setting up a phone interview. After the phone interview was completed I got a call from a local branch manager, went to that interview and got a call later that day for a second interview, I went in and was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• They asked about scenarios, my experience, certain policies. They ask about difficult situations at previous jobs, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, the offer was 2x what I made at my last job.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online, called to check on application status, recruiter asked me like 3 questions about why I was a good candidate, then I had the interview with the manager & she asked if I knew anything about the company, what I was looking for, & about past positions I held.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BB&T (Norfolk, VA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

I was called to schedule an interview then I came in the next day. I was interviewed by the Branch Manager at the time along with her assistant. They ask you many questions and then you leave. They do a thorough background check also. Once you're offered the position, you're drug tested immediately and it must be done within 24 hrs. They also have you get your finger prints taken.

Interview Questions

• -explain a situation where you had to use good customer service skills with a mean client
      -what does customer service mean to you

Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Interview process was easy. Started with a phone interview followed by interviews with branch manager and regional manager. Questions were typical, no assessments to actually take. Interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to. Drug test, fingerprint test, and background test required.