Avon Products

Updated 22 Jan, 2015
Updated 22 Jan, 2015

2.6

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avon Products in January 2013.

Spoke with someone from Training Department for initial interview and she advised that I would need to complete an online compatibility questionnaire. Which I did and then never heard back from them, even after checking in two weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in January 2013.

I sent a resume and after a month was contacted by the HR department, at which time I was given a pre-screen interview. I was advised that I needed to compelete an online talent assessment, which I did. I never heard from them again, even after contacting them to see the status of my application. Needless to say they have lost a loyal customer.

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in January 2010.

Phone interview. 2nd step is an online quiz, that pertains to actually performing the job. 3rd Phone interview with HR. Lots of paperwork to fill out and faxing involved. Took 3 months to find out if I had the job as people were away on vacation.

Interview Questions
    • Questions pertained to doing the job. Difficult to answer as the job description was not clear and guessing or basing your answer on previous work experience was not necessarily the correct answer.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Avon Products in January 2015.

After multiple phone screens, I was set up for a ride along with a current DM in Kansas City. She identified that I would have ZERO family time and representatives generally make more than DMs. She was so negative about the position that I even interjected and asked her if she was trying to talk me out of the position. The rest of the ride along contained a 1.5 hour very disorganized and uninformative meeting with her representatives and a hour long lunch that I had to finance myself. Avon expects a current DM to evaluate your quality and viability in the organization. I'm considerably younger but have significantly more experience in sales and district management. I feel like I was discriminated against based on my age and the fact that I challenged some of the negative points she was making about Avon. Based on the ride along, I was not even extended the opportunity for an interview. I received an email about a week letter identifying that I would not be extended an interview. I responded back to the talent acquisition team asking for feedback because I did not understand how that's possible. No response until today with a recruiter called to tell me AGAIN that I wouldn't be offered an interview (mind you nearly a month has passed). I asked for information and a call back because of how deeply offended I am with the whole process. We'll see.

My ability were "evaluated" by a peer which is beyond my realm of comprehension. If this is the direction Avon continues to go, the company will continue on its backslide and, eventually, irrelevant and stale. With this kind of management there's no way Avon can compete in the millennial age.

Interview Questions
    • NONE... in fact I was told was I wouldn't want this job   Answer Question

Development Chemist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Avon Products.

Applied, phone interview with HR, Phone interview with Hiring Manger, in-person interview - 3 hr long process. During the phone interview the hiring manager was very rude. Asked me what job I was applying for. Shouldn't he know that before calling me. He was straight to the point though. The interview possess went very well. I asked the Hiring manager why the position was open. She stated that in the file, the previous employee left the company. I asked the hiring manager the same question can he was very vague and stated it was reorganization within the company.

Finance Manager Interview

The interview process was great. HR was very down to earth as was the hiring manager. I found avon associates to be nice and professional. The work life balance is not just a sell during the interview because it does exist as soon as you start with the company and lasts throughout the time you spend there. The offer came quickly and was not dragged out indefinitely like other companies. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question was asked maybe because I was well-prepared.   Answer Question
    No negotiation required

Research Scientist Interview

I posted my CV online. first received a phone call from HR with very generic questions on behaviors and salary expectation. a week later a phone interview was set up with the Hiring manager and another person from the group. three weeks later I was invited to on -site interview with the group as well as a couple people outside the group. overall nice and friendly people. lots of detailed technical questions from a couple scientists.

Sourcing Manager - Indirect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avon Products in September 2014.

Applied online via Linkedin and received a response within the next few days. HR Talent Acquisition Manager and Coordinator were extremely professional and friendly throughout the process. Entire cycle entailed a 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager, 30 minute phone interview with another Manager in the group, and two onsite interviews each about 1 hour in length. Interview questions were not too difficult and mainly involved my career interests and discussion about the role (as to be expected). Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • What sort of process/change management projects have you worked on?   Answer Question

Had a special circumstance where I was offered a higher position at my present company, but would have taken it if not for this situation

Toxicologist II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Avon Products.

Phone interview was typical for a large company. Onsite interview was rolling along until Lunch. Maybe I expected too much, but we went to the cafeteria, where the hiring manager had me pay for my own lunch. Based on experience from other companies, this seemed a little odd. There was a bad vibe the rest of the day/

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products.

I would like to not talk about my hiring process.I would like to not talk about my hiring process. I would like to not talk about my hiring process.