Avis Budget Group

Getting the Interview

22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details The process - Is tedious. Gives you the "feeling" you are moving forward, when in actuality you are not. First you complete an online assessment - which is like a cross between a personality test and an skills/knowledge test. Then you receive an email that tells you to call in to speak to a recuriter for the next step in the process - this is really a call center with someone reading you scripted interview questions. After this process - they say "OK you passed and are ready to move on to the next phase with is a F2F interview, but we don't have any openings..........Why did i just go through all this then? Anyway, they say they will call you - for me 5-6 weeks have passed and I haven't heard anything. Not sure what happened LOL

Interview Question – Well, it was typical interview questions. However, they did ask if I was willing to relocate to a different state if that is where I was needed......   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC (US)

I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in July 2012.

Interview Details 1. Online Assessment
2. Initial Interview Airport Manager
3. Second Interview District Manager
4. Third Interview Hiring Manager
5. Regional Manager Phone Interview

Interview Question – Explain a situation were you had to discipline a subordinate in your chain of management.   Answer Question

Operations Manager

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details The hiring process is rather long. I filled out an online application. The next day, I was asked by email to complete an online test, with most questions pertaining to character and management style. I then had a telephone interview a few days later, which was followed by an in-person interview with somebody with HR the following week. A week after that, I had an interview with a regional manager. A hiring decision was made three business days later. I was relatively pleased at the avoidance of "gotcha" questions in the interview process. The workplaces I observed at my interview locations appeared to be running relatively smoothly and were not filled with acrimony.

Interview Question – I found the questions about how I have dealt with difficult customers to be rather difficult, particularly having not worked in the rental industry before. I felt my experiences in simple retail, services, and the nonprofit sector were not analogous to what businesses in the rental marked face, and that this negatively impacted my application.   Answer Question

Operations Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in September 2011.

Interview Details People scout contacted me for the prescreen. I then was contacted either that night or the next day b the city manager, who brought me in for my first face to face. I took the personality test, as well as the math assessment. My second interview was a waste; I basically watched the other manager as he worked on his computer.

Interview Question – I honestly cannot remember the questions asked. They were your typical, what would you do, or explain what you did when.... questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I thought my offer was fair, as I was offered 2000/yr more than I asked for.

Operations Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details I am hoping corporate has acccess to feedback to improve their performance in not only customer service. My interview facts:
After one week I had applied I received an email to contact the recruitment center. I placed 6 calls for a total of 2 hours on-hold-time without being able to speak to anyone, it appeared the entire continental US wanted the same job.
The next day, I retried and I spoke to a recuiter and the interview was completed. My perception is that the recruiter had interviewed another 20 people before me, so the tone did not put me at ease (I am of the opinion that the recruiters should sell their companies to the future employees through their attitude, as much as the job seeker has to sell himself to them).
At the end of my interview I was asked to wait for notifications for the next step. An email arrived 30 minutes after with the same exact text and a different phone number to call. I started wondering if it was a system error. I called the number on the second email and I was hung up 3 times before I could say hello. When I called for the 4th time, the employee said that it was indeed an email to schedule an appointment (not what the text says) and that unfortunately there are none available. It appears that the entire continental US had scheduled an appointment within 30 minutes of the completion of my interview and the system notification.

Interview Question – Just the typical questions: why work here, most difficult customer, most difficult employee, project successfully completed.   Answer Question

Newport Beach, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in May 2012.

Interview Details I receive an E-mail for an interview. Show up on time, but seems like the organization managed by bunch of bimbo and uneducated people. There are no clear picture who suppose doing what. I came in for the interview on time and expected to meet with people that appreciate my valuable time. Came in at 1:00 pm and greeted by somebody (The manager is whispering that "Let so and so do the interview", because he have something to do in his office). I also overheard some managers talking in the hall: Dumb conversation that got nothing to do with work. In the mean time, I waited for 40 minutes and I got tired sitting in a broken and saggy old chair, I approached a manager in her office and I said "Where is my inteviewer?"...She said: "You mean nobody show up all this time.....ooooh I am so sorry bla..blah..blah.."

Finally, One manager came in and said he just came from John Wayne Airport and ready for the interview. Nice gentleman and the interview went well. I was not hired. I guess this is the culture at Avis Budget, but I certainly give this organization an F in treating valuable candidates like I am who have the passion, enthusiasm and an advance degree.

Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in May 2012.

Interview Details I applied online and received an email with a phone number to call for a phone interview. The conversation went well and the interviewer was very nice but at the end of the interview, she said "The next step is to schedule a face-to-face interview. Unforturnately, we don't have any available schedule at this time. A recuiter will review your responses and contact you via telephone or email." I think the word "UNFORTUNATELY" is indicating "you are not selected for the next round.

Interview Question – Why did you choose Avis?   Answer Question

Operations Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in April 2011.

Interview Details One person, and drug and background test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None

Operations Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in April 2012.

Interview Details I submitted my resume to a recruiter at a career fair. Then, I was contacted for face to face interview which included a small pesonality/skills test. A few days later, I went to a clinic for a drug test.

Interview Question – What didn't you like about your last job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. The offer was above what I had expected and what was mentioned at the interview.

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in February 2012.

Interview Details Applied online, then was contacted by a recruiter with a Phone Interview. Asked basic questions about my work history. She said that she was going to build a profile for me and send it over to the hiring manager. Waited for a week and heard nothing. I knew the hiring manager would be at the airport location so I called asking for the District Manager. He was out of town so I left a message. Never got a call back so I followed up AGAIN and he stated that he never received my information. So I then called the recruiter back and she resubmitted my information to him. Got a call back from the recruiter the next day to set up another phone interview with the DM. DM said the interview went really well and that I would be hearing back from them in the next few days. 15 minutes later I got an email from the recruiter saying that they had decided to go with another candidate...

Interview Questions