AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated 8 Apr, 2015
Updated 8 Apr, 2015

3.1

Operations and IT Global Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

I applied online. Got a phone screening from an outsourced HR company. After that, I got invited to attend an assessment centre. It was a lengthy but well-organized day where I had the opportunity to talk to many employees and also current participants in the program. I learned a lot about the company and had a fun and valuable day overall.

Interview Questions

• They asked you to walk through your resume and typical behavioural questions. There was also a group activity and a case study portion.   Answer Question

Study Delivery Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Mississauga, ON).

Interview

Applied at end of January 2014, was called by HR after a week to schedule an interview two days later. Had a one-on-one interview with standard interview Qs (tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses...), and some behavioural interview questions. Interviewer was very nice, approachable and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to make a decision to call something even though you you were unsure of the outcome.   Answer Question

Drug Information Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Mississauga, ON) in February 2008.

Interview

recruiter arranged meeting; two employees interviewed me in a conference room. the drug information team back then did not operate in silos, rather they all covered each others material, which I thought was a good strategy for dealing with workplace absence. Hard to tell whether either of them were happy, they were dressed casual professional but seemed a bit stuffy on some level. Was not able to form real impressions from the interview, perhaps that's why I wasn't offered the job?

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Brand Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted via email from the hiring manager's admin to schedule time for me to meet and interview with the hiring manager and also that manager's boss, the head of the department. On the day of the interview, I only got to interview one of these people, however. Something "came up" with the hiring manager. And they never explained what happened and never contacted me since. I felt dissatisfied because the interview I did have was overly focused on odd behavioral questions which could have been covered in a screening phone call (which wasn't done) and not at all focused on the job itself. I had hoped that two face to face interviews with the managers would involve more discussion of the actual work and their objectives. Maybe they already had someone in mind or knew I wasn't right for the job. I was thoroughly disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Describe your career path and highlight your biggest professional accomplishments.   Answer Question
    • Describe an ethical dilemma that you faced at work where there was no clear right or wrong answer, and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in which you had to make a last minute change in plans with a project and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Straight forward. Online application. Phone screen asking basics. Second was the personality profile. Finally, a face to face with two DMs. I'm told some people had two face to face interviews. After that a ride along and an offer.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of an ethical dilemma you have faced at work?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca (DFW, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to schedule a telephone interview about a week later. The telephone interview lasted 17 minutes to be exact and was nothing more than a brief overview of my background and accomplishments. I was told to look for a 200 question personality assessment in the next day or so and if you pass the assessment you will be emailed a more detailed application to fill out. I made it through the entire process and wasn't even given an opportunity to interview with them face to face which was disappointing but this is how companies operate these days.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you had to do a presentation.   Answer Question

Innovative Medicines and Early Drug Development Graduate Programmer - IMED Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Mölndal (Sweden)) in February 2015.

Interview

I have applied online and after three weeks been asked to come to the assessment centre in Sweden directly. The company pays your hotel and travel costs. Assessment Centre was structured like this:

3 rounds of interview and 1 group work

There was value based interview according to the company values ( you get the information about them prior to the assessment centre), technical interview with lots of graphs, presentation of a research project you done before and more general questions.

Technical interview wasn't easy and even though I was assigned to biosciences interview I have been asked to lots of Pharmokinetics related questions, interpretation of real experiment data, in vitro and in vivo comparision of experiments, michaelis menten kinetics and immunhistochemistry.

Group work was easy and time was enough. However there is a plot twist but I am not going to spoil all the fun. All of the interviewers were very friendly and helpful. Besides we got a great lunch and had the chance to see labs and other facilities. Overall it was a great experience.

Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Montgomery, AL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview then online question followed by F2F by hiring manager. The phone interview was more or an information gathering that is passed on to the hiring manager. The psych online eval is very tough and pretty much decides if they have you continue in the interview process. Did not like the psych eval because it is not very good in indicating if you will be a good employee or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did a presentation and how did it go.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Interview

Initial interview was a phone-based interview. I explained my current role at the time and how it would fit into the posted job's roles and responsibilities. Call helped me to understand potential hiring manager's style and thoughts.

In-person Interview, onsite, was with a range of staff, at all levels of career development. They asked some questions about my experiences and these were also behavior-based. I was invited to dinner on the night before my interview. On-site interview also involved a scientific (powerpoint) presentation.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me regarding a contract opportunity at AZ. First a phone interview, then came in for a face to face. Was given the job the next day and had to quickly get drug testing done which took a few days. It was pretty quick.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, just asked about my experience as it related to the posting.   Answer Question