AstraZeneca Interview Questions

3.1

Study Delivery Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Applied at end of January 2014, was called by HR after a week to schedule an interview two days later. Had a one-on-one interview with standard interview Qs (tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses...), and some behavioural interview questions. Interviewer was very nice, approachable and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to make a decision to call something even though you you were unsure of the outcome.   Answer Question

Drug Information Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2008.

recruiter arranged meeting; two employees interviewed me in a conference room. the drug information team back then did not operate in silos, rather they all covered each others material, which I thought was a good strategy for dealing with workplace absence. Hard to tell whether either of them were happy, they were dressed casual professional but seemed a bit stuffy on some level. Was not able to form real impressions from the interview, perhaps that's why I wasn't offered the job?

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2014.

Office interview. Hiring manager conducted interview. HR was not present. Questions were typical . Behavioral questions read directly from written documents. Interview lasted approximately 70 minutes. Interviewers were not experienced.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

I applied online. A few days later I received an email with instruction on how to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of basic questions regarding my resume and a few behavior STAR questions. After the interview I was sent the personality tests followed by an official online application.

Clinical Development Menager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warsaw (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at AstraZeneca in May 2014.

II interviews, the process was very long, no final answer, the second interview 3 person from AstraZeneca II managers, I person from HR department, common questions why would you like to change the job?, describe your day in the office?

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Loughborough, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loughborough, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in July 2010.

Generally a 2 stage interview. For this type of position the interview will be largely technically based. If the job states experience you will need to fully technically conversant in relation to the job you are applying for. Usually one team leader will interview for around an hour. They will show you round. Good to ask questions (intelligent ones). Friendly but professional approach. Usually AZ people are very personable but very capable. Depends on site but it could be like 'ikea' with nice grounds and all the mod cons. Good feel.
    Second interview will be more of a grilling. Probably 3 separate interviews, mainly technical. They will give you scenarios - so be clued up on the company and what they specifically do at that site in that job role. Also a presentation will be required to a reasonable number of people. They will have specified what it's on (or choice) beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to develop an analytical method for a drug compound with 3 different pKa's?   View Answer
    They offered a generous package, 60% more than my previous job so it was a no brainer.

Senior, Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2010.

interview process took a long time, multiple days with many different departments. Very thorough process. Background checks, references and situational questions. Only frustration was the length of time it took to get to an offer. I would suggest being very prepared with good examples of results generated in past jobs. Be ready also for very long days of interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time in which you made a poor decision. What did you do to correct it?   Answer Question
    easy, straight forward, transparent

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2013.

I was interviewed by 5 people. Starting with the lowest in rank and ending with the highest, a senior VP. Questions were fairly straightforward, no tricks or anything. Everyone was very kind and courteous.

Interview Questions
    • "Case style" question asking what I would do in a certain situation when a doctor was being particularly difficult   Answer Question

To accept a position at a different company

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Phone screen, 2 face to face interviews than ride-a-long day with a rep. very typical process with final interview being a panel of managers. Did not interview with a regional manager but most do.

Interview Questions
    • All behavior based questions, must use STAR format...if you have examples of challenges and accomplishments ready you can fit them into most of the questions as examples   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Senior Finance Manager Interview

The process took 3 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

One phone interview and one face to face interview with 2 people next to me and 1person in video joining from a different location. I was dissappointed in company process as I did not even get an automated email saying that they went ahead with another candidate. This tells me something about the company.

Interview Questions
    • They gave a business case and wanted me to present. Study their past acquisitions and licensing agreements as the business case was a real past deal.   Answer Question

Worked for AstraZeneca? Contribute to the Community!