AstraZeneca

Updated 19 Nov, 2014

3.1

Study Delivery Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Applied at end of January 2014, was called by HR after a week to schedule an interview two days later. Had a one-on-one interview with standard interview Qs (tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses...), and some behavioural interview questions. Interviewer was very nice, approachable and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to make a decision to call something even though you you were unsure of the outcome.   Answer Question

Drug Information Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2008.

recruiter arranged meeting; two employees interviewed me in a conference room. the drug information team back then did not operate in silos, rather they all covered each others material, which I thought was a good strategy for dealing with workplace absence. Hard to tell whether either of them were happy, they were dressed casual professional but seemed a bit stuffy on some level. Was not able to form real impressions from the interview, perhaps that's why I wasn't offered the job?

Project Manager Interview

Interview was okay, not too hard to crack. Work profile is good. Good peer group, opportunity to grow. Had only one interview with the technical person and an HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • Did you challenge the status-quo and do anything ?   View Answer

Diabetes Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter to do a 20-30 minute phone interview. Then online assessment, which was mostly just personality questions. My first f2f interview was with two DSM. 3-4 situational questions (star format), 10 minute persuasive conversation in any subject you wanted. Great conversation and was a natural setting. Second f2f was with my direct hiring manager and another DSM. It was similar to the first one but I needed new success stories, I prepared a new persuasive conversation and strong close.

Medical Representative Interview

Phone interview, called for a phone interview to be scheduled on another day, the interveiw took 15 mins, simple personal questions , why you want to be a medical rep, what's your week point in your personality, why we would accept you ?, do you have a driving license.

Process Chemist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

I applied online through there careers website and got an email saying I've been short listed for a phone interview.
    The interview was for a duration of 30 mins. Questions include my interest in the position, skills and my achievements.

Interview Questions
    • What was my thought on animal testing and embryonic stem cell testing.   Answer Question

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

This job is now contracted out to independent contractors. . They do not recruit this position directly anymore. An editorial Manager hires outside personnel. This is no longer a job that is hired directly by the company. There is nothing more to say.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses in the work environment   View Answer
    Easy negotiations. flexible schedules

Public Policy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, South West England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, South West England, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Phone interview, called for second interview in person. Had to write a short paper for in person interview to present and discuss. Had to answer questions as per usual using STAR.

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

The same day I applied I received a call to schedule a phone interview for the following day. After the phone interview, I was immediately sent 2 personality tests. After the personality tests, I was sent an email with a Hiring Application. 2 days later (on a Friday) I received a call to schedule a face-to-face interview on the following Monday. Interview consisted of STAR format questions and had to prepare a 10 minute persuasive discussion.

Waiting to hear back from hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Ethical dilemma, situation in which I had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

phone interview with third party recruiter, then sent link for assessment, application. then first face to face so far. 2 district sales managers at interview, make sure you bring your resume (multiple copies) sound like most of the procedure will continue through third party recruiter

Interview Questions
    • rest assured they will probably ask you about ethical dilemma, other questions straight forward, new idea, problem, changed somebody's mind, difficult doctor. Do not expound on answer, just strictly star format, very little opportunity to sell yourself   Answer Question