AstraZeneca

169 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Study Delivery Leader Interview

Mississauga, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details Applied at end of January 2014, was called by HR after a week to schedule an interview two days later. Had a one-on-one interview with standard interview Qs (tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses...), and some behavioural interview questions. Interviewer was very nice, approachable and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to make a decision to call something even though you you were unsure of the outcome.   Answer Question

Drug Information Interview

Mississauga, ON

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2008.

Interview Details recruiter arranged meeting; two employees interviewed me in a conference room. the drug information team back then did not operate in silos, rather they all covered each others material, which I thought was a good strategy for dealing with workplace absence. Hard to tell whether either of them were happy, they were dressed casual professional but seemed a bit stuffy on some level. Was not able to form real impressions from the interview, perhaps that's why I wasn't offered the job?

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details Found out about job through a recruiter. Phone screen with HR, then hiring manager a week later. Given a small packet via email describing STAR interview format prior to onsite interview. Had to fill in detailed job application online listing references, previous salaries, etc. prior to onsite. Onsite was a single one-hour panel with hiring manager and 2 other people I would potentially be working with. They read questions off a sheet and took note of my answers in 3 columns literally labeled situation, task/action, and result. Received feedback a few days later that I did not get the position. Form letter email that said they went with someone else came a few weeks after that.

Interview Question – Given a small packet via email describing STAR interview format prior to onsite interview. Don't ignore this! The questions they asked were on print outs so I think they were all from that packet.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Regional Sales Director Interview

Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2013.

Interview Details Great up front work but poor back end

Interview Question – Who do you know at....   Answer Question

Executive Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Interviewed at AstraZeneca

Interview Details a difficult process

Interview Question – name the most strategic thing you did in the past two months   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no

Postdoctoral Interview

Interviewed at AstraZeneca

Interview Details To apply for a job, the candidate needs to answer several questions in his / her application about his key accomplishments that qualify him for that role, personality characteristics that would help him do well the job, key experiences / knowledge that are needed for that role, as well as weaknesses of the candidate - knowledge that he does not have but be beneficial for this job. I was invited for a phone interview where I had to present my work related to the job I applied for. The questions on the interview were very technical and related to specific details of my work. I was asked mainly about the techniques I have hands-on experience with.

Interview Question – I was asked specific technical detail about one experiment I have performed several years ago, and I did not remember the exact answer.   Answer Question

Assistant Research Scientist Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2011.

Interview Details Initial written test on chemistry followed by technical interview with senior scientists. After that an HR interview to give offer letter.

Interview Question – What is your salary expectation   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied to the Scientist- DMPK position on the AstraZeneca Careers website. I was contacted by the hiring manager via email a few days later to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview went well and the questions were mostly geared toward my experiences as well as a discussion of the position. At the end of the phone interview I was asked to come in for an on-site interview. I was contacted again about a week later to set up the interview. The interview was about 6 hours long and consisted of lunch and a presentation given by me on my research (non-proprietary information only) - I was asked to prepare a brief 10-15 presentation during my phone interview. I had been interviewing for two other positions and informed the hiring manager of the situation. I ended up receiving offers from the other two positions and informed the hiring manager immediately. I received an offer for the position at AstraZeneca the Tuesday following my interview (which was a Wednesday).

Interview Question – Paraphrased- Was there ever a situation where you encountered a colleague that was doing something that potentially impacted the outcome of results. How did I handle the situation?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied online to AZ through monster.com. Sent resume and answered their basic questions. Received a phone call two weeks later to set up a phone interview for the following week. Interview consisted of basic HR questions and a few STAR situational/behavioral questions. After phone screening there were two Hogan personality tests (each around 100 questions) and an AZ specific situational survey (this was referenced in F2F interview so remember your answers!)

F2F interview was offered two weeks after phone screening and schedule for two weeks after that. Met with two DSM's. Basic STAR questions. Also had to give a 10 min prepared persuasive argument. This interview was extremely fun and cheerful.

Received call for second F2F interview two weeks after first. Was scheduled with DSM and RSM in a coffee shop. Expected it to be laid back, but was a very difficult grill session.

Received call that a ride along would be schedule two days after interview. That ride along is with a sales rep next week. Fingers crossed!

Interview Question – Describe an ethical dilemma and how you handled it. Why should AZ hire someone without sales experience?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details I had a phone interview with a recruiter, which lasted approximately 20 minutes. It was a very structured interview where the recruiter just read off a list of questions she had for me.

Interview Question – 1. What is your expected salary?
2. Give me an example of a presentation you had to do. Who was the audience? What were the results?
3. Questions about my resume and driving history.
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AstraZeneca

Worked for AstraZeneca? Contribute to the Community!

AstraZeneca – Why Work for Us?

Our mission is to create a meaningful difference. In the lives of the patients we serve. And the people who work here.   We are AstraZeneca. More than 57,000 employees strong, we have a presence in over 100 countries… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AstraZeneca interview questions and advice. All 169 interview reviews are posted anonymously by AstraZeneca employees and interview candidates.