Assurant

48 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Security Interview

Duluth, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Assurant in August 2013.

Interview Details very basic interview question, be sure to research the company and know what they do.

Negotiation Details – None

Hazard Insurance Processor II Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Assurant.

Interview Details Interview process was just general, 1 interview on previous training and job history!

Interview Questions

• How to deal with irate customers!   View Answer
  • !Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Customer Care Specialist
Springfield, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Assurant in February 2014.

Interview Details This was the worse interview of my life. Super rude HR reps, they argued with my answers and did everything but roll their eyes at me. I could have done so much better, but they instantly made me feel unwelcome and I just wanted to leave.

The experience wasn't bad before the face-to-face interview: I took a super long online assessment (wasn't bad, but it was WAY too long), had a phone interview with a rep from Manpower, and that was all a fairly pleasant experience. That's why I was so surprised when I went to the face-to-face interview and they were really rude, standoffish, and made me feel unwelcome. I also saw a look of disappointment on one of the HR reps face before they invited me in, so I went in already feeling like this was a hopeless feat.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, but I would have done a lot better if they didn't make me feel so unwelcome.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Milwaukee, WI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Assurant in October 2013.

Interview Details Interview was conducted by one IT project manager and one IT technologist, general questions were given by the manager and technical questions were given by the tech. The interview involved no difficult technical questions, they were more interested in motivation and my ability to learn than they were what I already knew. It was pretty straight forward, they went down my resume talking about each section and asking me questions about it making small notes.

Interview Question – They asked me how how a few of my extra curricular activities have helped prepare for the professional world, mind you my activities were very unrelated to software/IT.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer from a company I was more interested in.

Loss Draft Specialist Interview

Loss Draft Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Assurant.

Interview Details This process was horrendous. I was called on the phone by an external hiring agency for a phone screening disguised as a call for interview setup. I was then given an interview time three weeks out. I went to the interview that lasted about 20 minutes. I did not hear back from them for two more weeks when they called me for another interview. I was unsure if they even knew that I had already had an interview because they made no mention of the first one. After the second interview, I received a phone call from an HR person with a job offer, about three days later. She gave me instructions for the new hire procedures, explaining I would receive an email. I never received an email mentioning my new employment and actually went back up to the office to talk to the HR manager to confirm my new employment and ask for my email and instructions for the drug screening. The entire hiring process took more than three months.

Interview Question – What specific experience or qualifications do you have that are relevant to this job. For example, you will be responsible for monitoring large amounts of funds under certain circumstances and must adhere to specific rules and laws. What experience do you have that show you are qualified for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Practically no negotiation available due to saturated market.

Escrow Analysis Team Lead Interview

Springfield, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Assurant in December 2013.

Interview Details Although the hiring process took a bit longer then I expected, I must say that I am looking forward to working with the company. The interview process was pretty simple, and I felt like the questions were fair. The ladies interviewing me were very nice, and very open and honest about the position.

Interview Question – Since you are interviewing externally, what would you say to internal candidates who might be a bit weary of us possibly hiring you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked, and I received!

Coordinator Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Assurant.

Interview Details Was set up for a phone interview with a recruiter which lasted about 30 minutes. From there I was contacted for an in-person interview at the office with the director.

A few things were very odd and not necessarily enticing to me. First off, although I arrived about 5-10 minutes early for an interview at 9 AM, I was left waiting until about 9:15 in the waiting area.

From there, the individual interviewing was very cut and dry, showing what seemed to me to be very little interest from the moment we began. It almost seemed like I was just a candidate brought in to show that the recruiters had interviewed their required amount of candidates and could now move on to hiring some they already had in mind internally? It was just all very odd.

All questions were the basic interview questions. No room for "real" conversation in regards to the position at hand.

Has been 2+ weeks and have heard no response.

Interview Question – What are you passionate about?   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Springfield, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Assurant in November 2013.

Interview Details Went through a staffing agency...for 1st 2 on line assessments. One on one interview very simple as I was prepared.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected Questions as long as you are prepared   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate your hours if you need to..I took what was offered and believe I could have gotten better shifts

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Florence, SC (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Assurant.

Interview Details Applied online, got call from recruiter 2 days later

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Assurant in June 2009.

Interview Details The interview was not difficult. They will ask the standard interview questions.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Assurant

Worked for Assurant? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Assurant interview questions and advice. All 48 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Assurant employees and interview candidates.