Assurant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2014
Updated Aug 30, 2014

2.7

Talent - Ohio Region - Springfield Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Assurant in August 2014.

Horrible experience - Treated very unprofessional - In my 20 years of being a Human Resource/Staffing professional I have never been treated like a 3rd class person! I think that the people that I interacted with should have some type of training on how to treat people. On a positive, I am glad that I found this out before I became an employee. If I treated people like this, I one, would not have a job, and secondly would never attract people to fill my jobs!

Database Administrator Interview

There were quite a number of rather technical questions, and then there was an extensive background checking. Also, multiple people were giving the interview. It took a few weeks before hearing back about acceptance.

Interview Questions
    • How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?   View Answer

Employee Benefit Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Assurant.

First was the telephone call and interview. If they like what you say you are then asked to come in for one to one interview with the manager and a sr, employee benefits advisor.

Interview Questions
    No negotions. Here is the salary and bonus pops.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albany, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, OR (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Assurant in July 2013.

initially contacted by email, online skills test, a week or two later a face to face interview, then drug test and back ground check, the whole process takes a few weeks

no negotiation, they offered job and set salary and I accepted

IT Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Assurant in March 2012.

Very Nice Clean and No curveballs in questions, Make sure you have many ancedtoes to bring up and be ready to problem solve. This is why you must come perpaered

Got back too late

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anaheim, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Assurant in April 2014.

I applied online for the Strategy Analyst opportunity. I was contacted a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview with a HR recruiter. We scheduled the phone interview for nearly two weeks later. This company has very large gaps between communication times and will schedule appointments weeks later.

So the phone interview went very well. The recruiter asked a lot of pointed questions and I believe that she gained a clear understanding of my background, skills and interest. She described the role as corporate strategy with a project management attribute.

A few weeks went by before I was contacted again to speak to the hiring manager. By this time another HR recruiter/ scheduler became involved. She was extremely disorganized - it was like pulling teeth working through her. We finally scheduled a time to speak with the hiring manager - a VP, for a couple weeks later. He missed the phone interview without advanced notice. Hours after the interview schedule time he left a message for ME to call the hr team and reschedule as something came up. I did but really believe he should have done so himself.

Another couple weeks passed and we finally spoke. The job description that he gave did not match the ad nor the initial recruiter's version. He seemed very disinterested in speaking from the word hello. I couldn't understand why he would even asked for an interview in the first place. When I asked him questions he gave the driest vaguest answers possible. For example I asked the timeline he replied "i travel a lot. who knows - 30 days, 60 days, 90 days."

so be warned 2 things - the company is extremely untimely in communication and response time and the role that you applied to description may be different that what the hiring manager truly sees as being the tasks involved.

Interview Questions
    • the hiring manager didnt ask any hard questions. our interview lasted no more than 20 minutes. the hr recruiter asked a lot of scenario based questions and wanted rhyme and reason for every decision that i've made in my career and education.   Answer Question

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Duluth, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Assurant in August 2013.

very basic interview question, be sure to research the company and know what they do.

None

Hazard Insurance Processor II Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Assurant.

Interview process was just general, 1 interview on previous training and job history!

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with irate customers!   View Answer
    • !Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Assurant in February 2014.

This was the worse interview of my life. Super rude HR reps, they argued with my answers and did everything but roll their eyes at me. I could have done so much better, but they instantly made me feel unwelcome and I just wanted to leave.

The experience wasn't bad before the face-to-face interview: I took a super long online assessment (wasn't bad, but it was WAY too long), had a phone interview with a rep from Manpower, and that was all a fairly pleasant experience. That's why I was so surprised when I went to the face-to-face interview and they were really rude, standoffish, and made me feel unwelcome. I also saw a look of disappointment on one of the HR reps face before they invited me in, so I went in already feeling like this was a hopeless feat.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, but I would have done a lot better if they didn't make me feel so unwelcome.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Assurant in October 2013.

Interview was conducted by one IT project manager and one IT technologist, general questions were given by the manager and technical questions were given by the tech. The interview involved no difficult technical questions, they were more interested in motivation and my ability to learn than they were what I already knew. It was pretty straight forward, they went down my resume talking about each section and asking me questions about it making small notes.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me how how a few of my extra curricular activities have helped prepare for the professional world, mind you my activities were very unrelated to software/IT.   Answer Question

I had a better offer from a company I was more interested in.

Worked for Assurant? Contribute to the Community!