Assurant

Updated 15 Nov, 2014
Updated 15 Nov, 2014

2.7

Customer Resolutions Casework Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Assurant in November 2014.

Submitted application with referral from current employee. Application did not state requirement to submit resume - only writing sample. 1 week after submitting application, was asked to send resume as well. That same week was asked to complete online assessment. 1 week after completing the assessment was asked to do a phone interview. Same day as phone interview was scheduled for group interview; interview occurred days after phone interview. Exactly three weeks after application was submitted (1 week after on-site group interview) received a call saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions struck me as particularly difficult but one was a little unexpected. I was asked to discuss a time when I did not want to be part of an organization or a team within an organization.   View Answer

Customer Care Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Assurant.

The whole process was easy, it took about 3 weeks from the initial call from the recruiter to getting my official welcome letter. Everyone that I came in contact their was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you get alone with people of different age group?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Assurant.

The interview went surprisingly a lot fast than I anticipated AFTER the first initial phone call. I applied in January and didn't hear anything until July when a recruiter contacted me about completing the rest of my application. After that phone call I had one phone interview and then two in person interviews over the span of two weeks.

Talent - Ohio Region - Springfield Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Assurant in August 2014.

Horrible experience - Treated very unprofessional - In my 20 years of being a Human Resource/Staffing professional I have never been treated like a 3rd class person! I think that the people that I interacted with should have some type of training on how to treat people. On a positive, I am glad that I found this out before I became an employee. If I treated people like this, I one, would not have a job, and secondly would never attract people to fill my jobs!

Database Administrator Interview

There were quite a number of rather technical questions, and then there was an extensive background checking. Also, multiple people were giving the interview. It took a few weeks before hearing back about acceptance.

Interview Questions
    • How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?   View Answer

Employee Benefit Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Assurant.

First was the telephone call and interview. If they like what you say you are then asked to come in for one to one interview with the manager and a sr, employee benefits advisor.

Interview Questions
    No negotions. Here is the salary and bonus pops.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Assurant in April 2014.

I applied online for the Strategy Analyst opportunity. I was contacted a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview with a HR recruiter. We scheduled the phone interview for nearly two weeks later. This company has very large gaps between communication times and will schedule appointments weeks later.

So the phone interview went very well. The recruiter asked a lot of pointed questions and I believe that she gained a clear understanding of my background, skills and interest. She described the role as corporate strategy with a project management attribute.

A few weeks went by before I was contacted again to speak to the hiring manager. By this time another HR recruiter/ scheduler became involved. She was extremely disorganized - it was like pulling teeth working through her. We finally scheduled a time to speak with the hiring manager - a VP, for a couple weeks later. He missed the phone interview without advanced notice. Hours after the interview schedule time he left a message for ME to call the hr team and reschedule as something came up. I did but really believe he should have done so himself.

Another couple weeks passed and we finally spoke. The job description that he gave did not match the ad nor the initial recruiter's version. He seemed very disinterested in speaking from the word hello. I couldn't understand why he would even asked for an interview in the first place. When I asked him questions he gave the driest vaguest answers possible. For example I asked the timeline he replied "i travel a lot. who knows - 30 days, 60 days, 90 days."

so be warned 2 things - the company is extremely untimely in communication and response time and the role that you applied to description may be different that what the hiring manager truly sees as being the tasks involved.

Interview Questions
    • the hiring manager didnt ask any hard questions. our interview lasted no more than 20 minutes. the hr recruiter asked a lot of scenario based questions and wanted rhyme and reason for every decision that i've made in my career and education.   Answer Question

Hazard Insurance Processor II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Assurant.

Interview process was just general, 1 interview on previous training and job history!

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with irate customers!   View Answer
    • !Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Loss Draft Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Assurant.

This process was horrendous. I was called on the phone by an external hiring agency for a phone screening disguised as a call for interview setup. I was then given an interview time three weeks out. I went to the interview that lasted about 20 minutes. I did not hear back from them for two more weeks when they called me for another interview. I was unsure if they even knew that I had already had an interview because they made no mention of the first one. After the second interview, I received a phone call from an HR person with a job offer, about three days later. She gave me instructions for the new hire procedures, explaining I would receive an email. I never received an email mentioning my new employment and actually went back up to the office to talk to the HR manager to confirm my new employment and ask for my email and instructions for the drug screening. The entire hiring process took more than three months.

Interview Questions
    • What specific experience or qualifications do you have that are relevant to this job. For example, you will be responsible for monitoring large amounts of funds under certain circumstances and must adhere to specific rules and laws. What experience do you have that show you are qualified for this position.   Answer Question
    Practically no negotiation available due to saturated market.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Assurant in February 2014.

This was the worse interview of my life. Super rude HR reps, they argued with my answers and did everything but roll their eyes at me. I could have done so much better, but they instantly made me feel unwelcome and I just wanted to leave.

The experience wasn't bad before the face-to-face interview: I took a super long online assessment (wasn't bad, but it was WAY too long), had a phone interview with a rep from Manpower, and that was all a fairly pleasant experience. That's why I was so surprised when I went to the face-to-face interview and they were really rude, standoffish, and made me feel unwelcome. I also saw a look of disappointment on one of the HR reps face before they invited me in, so I went in already feeling like this was a hopeless feat.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, but I would have done a lot better if they didn't make me feel so unwelcome.   Answer Question