Arrow Electronics Interview Questions

Updated 11 Oct, 2014
Updated 11 Oct, 2014

2.8

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Arrow Electronics in September 2014.

Signed up through Adecco temp agency. I had a background in catering/sales/ restaurant industry --- they set up Interview. Met with good manager and one other ISR (who eventually became my manager) Normal interview questions - relaxing and no psych questions .. willing to give me a chance in a new industry.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an issue if you were not going to meet the deadline?   View Answer
    Hired through temp agency -- not much negotiation. I started at $17 hr -- but I do know thought that mother employee (who took forever to train and was one dimensional) was hired in at $3 more an hour than I was --- that was upsetting.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Arrow Electronics in September 2014.

Called by a really nice recruiter, had phone interview then in person interview which lasted about an hour. Basic questions. Asked how I dealt with a difficult customer in the past and my proficiency with excel.

Interview Questions
    None. It seems this position has a starting salary of 40k for everyone.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in July 2014.

Phone screen with HR (30 minutes), followed by phone interview with Hiring Manager (60 minutes), followed by two additional phone interviews with another manager and a Vice President (30 minutes each). Took two months before i heard a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult, however, they did want to know what i knew about Arrow, my leadership, why a new industry, how I approach a new sales team with more experience than me...   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arrow Electronics.

I applied to Arrow for an internship position and they said they were setting up an internship program for the first time. They came to our campus and gave a generic marketing video to try and get recruits. They took a long time between any correspondence and when I finally took the interview it was a bit nerve wracking. It was a four on one interview where I was given a dry erase marker and whiteboard while I was asked technical questions while four engineers asked questions while I was working through problems. It was chaotic to say the least. I never heard back from them. I trying to leave messages at the numbers on their business cards but none of them had voice-mail set up and they never responded to any emails. I was quite surprised because they were all complements during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Solve a circuit analysis problem with op-amps and solve for current, voltage and resistance equations at all points on the circuit.   View Answer

Supplier Manager Interview

Six 1 hour interviews - Met with hiring manager and peer group. Very thorough questioning and little time to ask questions. Highly recommend an in-depth knowledge of the supplier that you may be supporting as well as Arrow strategy.

Low pay

Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Took a few days after I applied for HR to call and do a phone interview then took about a week to get an in person interview and was told at interview it would take a while to get a response from HR

Collections Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

phone interview, then three panel interview, scenario questions; tell me a Time, experience questions, can you be flexible. be your self must have both customer service and collection experience

quick simple

Oracle Applications Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in April 2014.

1. Applied through a recruiter so overall the response was quick.
    2. Total 3 rounds of telephonic interview over 2 days. The first interview was scheduled approx. 7 days after I applied for the job.
    3. The interviews were quite detailed covering functional aspects by a Functional lead, technical aspects by a Tech Lead and overall IT/Project aspects by the PM.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in particular but they were looking for a strong WMS person.   Answer Question

Technology Product Specialist Interview

I was an internal candidate and had to go through about six rounds of interviews to be moved from basically an assistant buyer position to a senior buyer position. It was grueling and a bit excessive.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Phone interview with HR, then brought in for an interview in house (met with 2 managers that had open positions, one after the other) , standard questions about what I've done well and how I would handle certain situations or overcome obtacles

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate but that was a missed opportunity as there seems to be some play in the pay range within that title (as long as it's within the range )