AroundCampus Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated 10 Nov, 2014

2.7

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

The interview process was quick for me. I applied online and received a call that day. After a few short answers I had an online virtual interview followed by a skype interview. After those were completed I was called two weeks later and hired.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AroundCampus

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks for interview and job offer.

Interview Questions

• Explained a situation in which a business owner wants to buy advertising space. Convince him to buy the most expensive spot.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Next, I had a virtual interview. There were videos played of employees asking questions. I was then recorded and had 2 minutes to answer the question. This part was stressful and weird. Next, I had a Skype interview with my regional manager. My RM made me feel very comfortable and super excited for the position. I had a really good feeling about how the interview went. Next, I was emailed about the position being offered.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult of unexpected. I felt like all of the questions were basic interview questions that you hear about often.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus (College Park, MD (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was for the most part pretty typical. The one thing that I found to be particularly difficult was the pre-recorded interview that I had. I did not like it very much because it did not allow me to build rapport or talk to a real person. Instead there seemed to be a lot more pressure because I was not talk to a human but rather a pre-recored interviewer.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I faced in my interview was to describe my most embarrassing moment. I had never heard this asked in an interview before so I was not expecting it. I was unsure of what to say but didn't want to take too long to respond. Luckily I remembered an embarrassing event from a few weeks prior so I just told that story.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

Fairly simple consisted of a half hour phone interview

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AroundCampus (Raleigh, NC (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

It wasn't very hard. The interviewer was really friendly. Because this is a sales job, she did ask me to sell her an advertising space during the interview. I told her that I might not have experience in sales at that time and she said it doesn't matter, she just wanted to see how well I could do.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at AroundCampus (Raleigh, NC (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

Was asked two weeknesses and two strengths

Interview Questions

• What are two weeknesses that you have   1 Answer
    • What are two strength, tell me something about yourself that i cant find on your resume   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2010.

Interview

Typical questions regarding experience, plus if any in sales or marketing. Checking to see if you have necessary confidence to speak with business owners/managers. Looking for candidates who display charisma and upbeat attitude. In the end, it was not hard, this company is always looking for people, they value more people.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a response when a manager or store owner says 'no' to your request in selling a particular product?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2010.

Interview

This is a job for someone that is willing to work hard for their paycheck and not expecting anything to be given to them. The interview process consisted of multiple questions asking how you would handle different situations. You also have to give an example of a sales pitch. I was asked to give a sales pitch about my favorite meal.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite meal? Now convince me to go purchase that meal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was strictly commission.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus (Chapel Hill, NC (US)) in February 2009.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. You need to have high energy and be prepared to do a mock sales call during the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase