AroundCampus

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Outside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2014.

Interview Details Apply online. Complete a virtual interview with pre-recorded questions (your able to review your responses and "try again"). They may then extend a second interview, which will be via skype or phone. Some people do an in person interview at their school, but I did not have to do that. Then they call you about a week after with your offer!

Interview Question – Pretend that I am your favorite local restaurant, how would you pitch our product?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2014.

Interview Details One interview, it would help to have a plan when deciding if this program is the plan for you. Such as knowing what you would like to get out of the program. The management is amazing.

Interview Question – I want you to sale this to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate location for internship

Outside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

Interview Details i applied online. a week later, i got an email from a recruiter (who is also your future regional manager). she just made sure that i have a car during for internship. next, she asked me to do a virtual interview where you answer prerecorded questions online. A week later, she called me fora phone interview. (behavioral questions)

Interview Question – Sell something on the spot!   Answer Question

Interviewed at AroundCampus

Interview Details The first part of the interview process is recording yourself in front of a webcam where you are told to answer pre-selected questions. Then, you are invited to an in person interview where they ask you basic behavioral questions.

Interview Question – no unusual questions. mostly behavioral.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't think it was worth leaving my current job. The hours are really long and they aren't flexible with summer school.

Very Easy Interview

Orlando, FL (US)

Interview Details I applied online. Days later, I received an email from the recruiter. The recruiter is also your regional manager. Then, she gave me a call just to talk a bout the position I applied for to see if its the right fit for me. She asked me to do a virtual interview online where they ask you a question and your answer is recorded to the computer. After a week, she called me back for another interview. A few days later, she offered me the position

Interview Question – Sell something on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable.

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in November 2013.

Interview Details very long!! but good interviewing experience.

Interview Question – Most of them weren't too hard   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Seemed like too much of a time commitment than it actually paid. Also more of a sales internship than a marketing internship.

Interviewed at AroundCampus

Interview Details Applied online

Interview Question – Pretend that you're going to you favorite restaurant and explain to them why it's important to advertise to college students   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Interview Details Submitted my resume online and got contacted immediately. I had to fill out a personality test and an online video interview. Met with the recruiter at my school's career fair and signed up for an interview time the following day. Had my 30 minute interview and got an offer two days later. It was a pretty standard interview with some small talk, a few questions, and then time for the interviewee to ask questions. The whole process took about 1-2 weeks.

Interview Question – Roleplay a sales scenario (mine was supposed to be selling a spot in the planner so I talked about how large the university is, how often students use the planners, etc.)

How do you handle rejection?

Tell me about a time you failed.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details virtual, Skype, and in-person

Interview Question – biggest failure   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Interview Details Applied through my campus recruiting website. First interview was an online/webcam interview that you can complete at your convenience. This interview is fairly easy with basic questions. The second interview was a phone interview which takes about 45 minutes. These were more in-depth questions about sales and marketing.

Interview Question – If I was new in town and asked you what the best restaurant to eat at is, how would you sell me on this restaurant?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You get a base salary for the summer plus commission you make on sales.

Worked for AroundCampus? Contribute to the Community!