AroundCampus Interview Questions

Updated 18 Sep, 2014
Updated 18 Sep, 2014

2.6

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Submitted my resume online and got contacted immediately. I had to fill out a personality test and an online video interview. Met with the recruiter at my school's career fair and signed up for an interview time the following day. Had my 30 minute interview and got an offer two days later. It was a pretty standard interview with some small talk, a few questions, and then time for the interviewee to ask questions. The whole process took about 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Roleplay a sales scenario (mine was supposed to be selling a spot in the planner so I talked about how large the university is, how often students use the planners, etc.)

How do you handle rejection?

Tell me about a time you failed.
        Answer Question
    No negotiations

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

The hiring process was for the most part pretty typical. The one thing that I found to be particularly difficult was the pre-recorded interview that I had. I did not like it very much because it did not allow me to build rapport or talk to a real person. Instead there seemed to be a lot more pressure because I was not talk to a human but rather a pre-recored interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I faced in my interview was to describe my most embarrassing moment. I had never heard this asked in an interview before so I was not expecting it. I was unsure of what to say but didn't want to take too long to respond. Luckily I remembered an embarrassing event from a few weeks prior so I just told that story.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

A campus organization hosted a networking banquet where I met the UD recruiter for my region. She was extremely nice, outgoing, personable, and knowledgeable about the position. I gave her my resume and followed up the day after to express my interest in the position. I went through an online interview, a personality test, a phone interview, and a final in-person interview on campus.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about yourself" is always the hardest.   View Answer
    • "How do you stay organized in your daily life?"   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Pay is commission-based.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

The interview was pretty standard. The interviewer asked me about things on my resume, especially my internship from last summer. She also asked what about me will other people criticize and praise for. Then she did a mock sale with me about my favorite restaurant around campus. What I need to do was trying to sell an advertisement spot to that restaurant.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. The questions were all pretty straightforward. However, you do need to be very energetic and enthusiastic.   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus.

-Virtual Interview(Pre-Recorded Questions) requiring a webcam
    -Online Personality Assessment evaluating preferences and tendencies
    -30-45 minute in-person interview with recruiting manager
    -Follow-up Questionaire and review of in-person interview
    Interviewing process is selective and competitive, but made the position(internship) even more desirable. Management positions require in-person interviews with each department through a round-table questionaire. Individuals must be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • No question in particular. Must have stories and experiences to elaborate on during interview.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Originally, I sent in my resume via email. Then I received an email from the Regional Manager asking me to complete a virtual interview. The virtual interview was I believe about 6 questions, with 2 minutes to answer, and 2 attempts on each. Then my Regional Manager called me and asked me a few questions over the phone. The final step was to complete a survey about the process. Within 2 weeks, I received a phone call with my offer.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. All the terms were very reasonable.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Fairly simple consisted of a half hour phone interview

Customer Relations Intern Interview

Contacted by a manager after submitting application. The interview was very brief (I did it by phone as I was out of town at the time of the interviews) and pretty straightforward, the questions seemed to be pretty standard interview ones (such as when was a time you faced adversity and how did you overcome it? What was one time you demonstrated leadership in a team setting? etc)

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were more reflective--no technical or "test" questions, and they were in the same vein as those mentioned above.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus.

I submitted my resume, and a few weeks later received an email with interview slot options. I chose five time slots that worked for me, and they emailed me back with specifics. The office was very laid back with a business casual dress code. It was definitely a young office. I sat in a room with two interviewers. First they gave me a three page editing test (i.e. matching fonts to businesses, correcting sample ads, etc.). Then they asked me questions. The questions were pretty basic and easy to come up with answers on the fly. Nothing too major.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest part for me was that on the last page of the little editing test there were commonly misspelled words, and I had to choose the right spelling based on the context of the sentence.   Answer Question
    They called me and gave me a week to decide if I wanted it. I called them a week later and accepted the job. Then I just had to go in and sign some paperwork.

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AroundCampus in April 2012.

The interviewer called me after receiving my resume through my school's online recruiting service. The first time she called was just to offer the interview and give some background on the company. She was very polite and told me how she had interned in the same position she was interviewing me for. After letting me decide when would be a good time to conduct the phone interview (I just told her a day and asked when she was available that day), she continued to tell me more about her experience as an intern. She called promptly at the time we had decided for the interview, and she was very polite then as well. The questions she asked were all questions that people had posted on this site, so definitely take a look at those and be prepared!