AroundCampus

53 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Intern Interview

Chapel Hill, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details The recruiters want as many people as possible to apply. I went to a career fair, selected a time for the interview, and went for it a few days after the fair. The interviewer was really nice and explained what I would do as an intern, but I knew during the interview I didn't want the position. It was still good experience for interviewing, but this position requires a lot of work and little pay.

Interview Question – How would you rate this position on a scale of 1-10?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Charlottesville, VA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Interview Details The interview was pretty standard. The interviewer asked me about things on my resume, especially my internship from last summer. She also asked what about me will other people criticize and praise for. Then she did a mock sale with me about my favorite restaurant around campus. What I need to do was trying to sell an advertisement spot to that restaurant.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected. The questions were all pretty straightforward. However, you do need to be very energetic and enthusiastic.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details Networked at a career fair on college campus. Submitted my resume and had an interview scheduled for the following week. The interview was very conversational, and they really wanted to know about my availability, strengths and weaknesses, and why I would be the best salesperson out of the dozens of interviewers. One of the last questions was a mini-case where the interviewer asked me to perform an impromptu sales call for a local business that I liked

Interview Question – Pick your favorite restaurant...How would you convince the owner to purchase our product?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Outside Sales Intern Interview

Harrisonburg, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Interview Details A campus organization hosted a networking banquet where I met the UD recruiter for my region. She was extremely nice, outgoing, personable, and knowledgeable about the position. I gave her my resume and followed up the day after to express my interest in the position. I went through an online interview, a personality test, a phone interview, and a final in-person interview on campus.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Pay is commission-based.

Very Easy Interview

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details I was contacted via email from a regional manager who was interviewing at my university. I applied and heard back within a day or so to set up an interview. The interview was more conversational than some, but I was asked about specific experiences and how I would be a great candidate for the position. You need to be familiar with the position and be able to convey excitement.

Interview Question – Weaknesses, how much do you want this position.   Answer Question

Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

Interview Details Initially met at a career fair. The lady was very nice and concerned about dedication because it is a tough internship. Had to fill out a sales assessment before my interview. I think they will ask you to give a sales pitch for their pamphlet. I wasn't asked I think because they said I did really well on the assessment. Otherwise standard questions like why are you interested, what are your goals for this position, strengths, weaknesses.

Interview Question – Why should we pick you over the other applicants?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details One interview. Pretty straight forward. Walk through resume and behavioral questions.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

Regional Manager

Interview Details -Virtual Interview(Pre-Recorded Questions) requiring a webcam
-Online Personality Assessment evaluating preferences and tendencies
-30-45 minute in-person interview with recruiting manager
-Follow-up Questionaire and review of in-person interview
Interviewing process is selective and competitive, but made the position(internship) even more desirable. Management positions require in-person interviews with each department through a round-table questionaire. Individuals must be prepared.

Interview Question – No question in particular. Must have stories and experiences to elaborate on during interview.   Answer Question

Athens, GA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2011.

Interview Details Interview process is fairly simple but you have to really impress them because they interview so many people for the internship.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Chapel Hill, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2009.

Interview Details Pretty standard interview. You need to have high energy and be prepared to do a mock sales call during the interview.

Interview Question – Being asked to sell something on the spot   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase