AroundCampus Interview Questions

Updated 3 Apr, 2015

2.6

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus (State College, PA (US)).

Interview

recruited on campus, one round of interviewing, very interested in keeping in contact regarding questions and hiring/interview process

Interview Questions

• sell a restaurant an advertising space in our planner. What would you say if we said we already spent our advertising budget? How do you handle being told no.   Answer Question

Summer Sales Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

I was contacted by a regional manager via email, several emails were exchanged before a phone call. The phone call was supposed to be a first round interview, a second skype interview was scheduled after the phone call. There were some internet questionnaires I had to fill out, after completing all that I was offered the position.

I didn't feel like the position was properly compensated. This is a 100% commission based job with a draw on your future sales. You are not an employee of the Around Campus Group, you are considered an independent contractor. A lot of financial burden falls onto your shoulders and they do not withhold taxes from your draw/commission. Make sure you do the math before you accept this position. $200/week before taxes isnt much especially when you are supposed to pay for all of your expenses, including your own gas.

The person who would have been my manager seemed very nice; while she wasn't dishonest with me, I feel like she could have been more forthcoming with the burdens that I am responsible for. My advice would be if you are looking for experience in sales and are not worried about how much money you make this might be a good opportunity for you. It just wasnt what I was looking for.

Interview

The first part of the interview process is recording yourself in front of a webcam where you are told to answer pre-selected questions. Then, you are invited to an in person interview where they ask you basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

I didn't think it was worth leaving my current job. The hours are really long and they aren't flexible with summer school.

Sales Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus in April 2014.

Interview

Interview was set up at my college's career fair and then was later conducted on campus. Questions were about views on leadership, personality, and the ability to sell something arbitrary (like a pen). Interviewer was young and very nice so it makes you feel more at ease rather than being interviewed by someone much older than yourself.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Applied online

Interview Questions

• Pretend that you're going to you favorite restaurant and explain to them why it's important to advertise to college students   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2014.

Interview

two interviews first 1:1 in the campus right after career fair. Second one by phone. All behavioral questions and demonstrations of a sales call. short and long goals. all the questions were to the point. not major difficulty.

Interview Questions

• all the questions were pretty clear and easy to answer. recruiter really friendly and helpful. great training programs in north caroline.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks for interview and job offer.

Interview Questions

• Explained a situation in which a business owner wants to buy advertising space. Convince him to buy the most expensive spot.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Next, I had a virtual interview. There were videos played of employees asking questions. I was then recorded and had 2 minutes to answer the question. This part was stressful and weird. Next, I had a Skype interview with my regional manager. My RM made me feel very comfortable and super excited for the position. I had a really good feeling about how the interview went. Next, I was emailed about the position being offered.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult of unexpected. I felt like all of the questions were basic interview questions that you hear about often.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2014.

Interview

One interview, it would help to have a plan when deciding if this program is the plan for you. Such as knowing what you would like to get out of the program. The management is amazing.

Interview Questions

• I want you to sale this to me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate location for internship

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2014.

Interview

Apply online. Complete a virtual interview with pre-recorded questions (your able to review your responses and "try again"). They may then extend a second interview, which will be via skype or phone. Some people do an in person interview at their school, but I did not have to do that. Then they call you about a week after with your offer!

Interview Questions

• Pretend that I am your favorite local restaurant, how would you pitch our product?   Answer Question

Negotiation