Arizona State University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Denver, CO (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Arizona State University in March 2010.

Interview Details Applied online, then phone interview, followed by in person interview. The position was out of state, and the supervisor came to me to conduct the interview

Interview Question – I had to prepare a Power Point presentation for future students.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I did not attempt to negotiate.

Business Development Intern Interview

Business Development Intern
Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Arizona State University in December 2013.

Interview Details Apply on ASU's website, get a email interview notice, interviewed by 3 managers with professional dress.

Interview Question – How do you manage your time with tools   View Answer

Graduate Research Associate Interview

Graduate Research Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview Details I applied online as many advanced educated Chinese back in China. There is no interview at all. We submitted a package of material including CV, personal statement, transcripts, certificate, GRE score report, TOEFL score report, etc.

Interview Question – No questions asked, just waiting waiting and waiting. The difficulty is ASU is not as I expected from a US research university.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University in March 2011.

Interview Details I applied for PHD and Research assistant in CSE of ASU. My mentor called me and asked for some questions from my resume.

Interview Question – no unexpected question. Just from my CV   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – have a good CV and contact the mentor in advance.

Very Easy Interview

Student Office Assistant Interview

Student Office Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview Details very predictable; do not worry about.....why left last job, strengths, weakness all that other crap

Negotiation Details – State job...no wiggle room..it is what it is

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview Details Applied on-line about a week later I got a call asking to schedule and interview, The interview lasted about a hour and a half. They asked many questions about my overall design process and was given scenarios and hypothetical events to design flyers and marketing materials for on the spot.

Interview Question – Draw us a flyer for a carnival for the senior class?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview Details The interview process varies between each department and sometimes the departments may have a hire in mind already. The key to getting a job at ASU is to make your resume have the phrases and words that are in the Job Description in YOUR resume and cover letter. outline exactly how your experience compares to the required/preferred and how your degree aligns. They also want to know that you are intending on furthering your education, especially if you only have a bachelors degrees. They want to see that you can grow as well.

Interview Question – It's not difficult but be able to speak how you can adapt to rapid change.   Answer Question

Career Peer Advisor Interview

Career Peer Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview Details Turn in your resume at the beginning of the school semester and they automatically call you a couple days after if they are interested. You get an interview within days.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – minimum wage

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University in October 2011.

Interview Details Started with a phone interview that went well. They were very nice. After about a week, I received a call for an in person interview. I met with two other business analyst and discussed the position and my skills. I then interviewed with two other business analyst and the business manager. All interviews went well and they were very nice. About a month later I received a call from ASU and was offered the position.

Interview Question – If you could chose to be an animal, which one would it be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward. I asked for an amount and a day later they accepted my request.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interviewed at Arizona State University

Interview Details questions regarding your background, resume.
Nothing particularly difficult.
Why interested in this research?