Arcadia Solutions Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 16 Aug, 2014

3.2

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I was hired through on campus recruiting. The process was very seamless. They did first round interviews at my school, then a series of interviews at their office in Burlington. The interview process was difficult, but very fair. I would recommend being prepared for both case and analytical type questions.

Interview Questions
  • I was surprised at the importance of the group case. I think this is particularly revealing about how each person will work in a group.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Arcadia Solutions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Arcadia Solutions.

Four interviews - 'Case', 'Analytical', Presentation and 'Social'. The case and analytical are simple versions of any case pratice you've ever done. The 'analytical' focuses on a quantitative approach to choosing a business solution and is very straight forward. The 'Case' focuses instead of more practice project management issues and is easy to walk through. The presentation is merely verbally relating how your resume relates to the job with a powerpoint and the social is just a business lunch.

Interview Questions
    Easy. Salary negotiation was simple enough having them state their preferred compensation first.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Arcadia Solutions.

Half hour on campus interview. Went through resume, asked why I was interested in the company and the position. Asked me a brain teaser type case question. Time for questions at the end. Asked to do an on site interview. 5 parts: 1. Going over resume/what I know about the company/why I'm interested. 2. Case Study Question 3. Math/technical question 4. Lunch 5. Had to prepare a 20 minute power point presentation as to why I was a good fit for the company. Everyone at the company was very nice, thought interview went well.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of the ordinary for a consulting position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Arcadia Solutions in March 2013.

Previous hiring admin was a wreck, but the folks who do most of the phone screens and the on-site interviews are live employees. They want to work with great people. Despite its flaws, Arcadia has a fairly difficult and competitive hiring process.

1) Informational interview
    2) Phone screen with current consultant. Includes analytical "riddle".
    3) On-site, which many other folks discussed below. Includes behavioral case, analytical case, presentation to sell yourself, and social lunch.

My advice here would be that it's alright to goof up; circle back, acknowledge your error, move through the corrections methodically and quickly. Especially when it comes to math errors.
    And don't let them see you sweat. Clients don't want to see you sweat.

Interview Questions
    • How much does it cost to wash all of the windows in NYC, once each?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation---HR completely bungled the hiring process. That's why the new HR administration is there.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arcadia Solutions in October 2012.

Very strange initial process. Was not initially contacted for an interview, then received an e-mail the day before the on campus interviews. Very short, mostly informational (going over resume) and little behavioral interview. No case was worked over during this interview and was intended for a second round apparently. A week later received an email stating that I wasn't chosen for the next round. Overall unclear process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Walk through resume. Why consulting. Why Arcadia.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Very arduous interview process. Two phone interviews, then a 4+ hour onsite. Had to meet with over ten different people and go through a presentation, analytic interview, social, etc. It was too much for an experienced consultant. Seemed more appropriate for entry level positions.

Better offer at a more established consulting company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Arcadia Solutions in September 2012.

Spoke with a former employee who referred me to a current employee who then passed my information along to HR. Was first contacted by a member of their team at the beginning of August. After some email tag, scheduled my first round phone interview at the end of August. All questions were related to my resume/behavioral fit. After Labor Day, scheduled second round phone interview for second or third week in September. Again, about a 30-45 minute phone call, this time with two short brain teasers at the end (angle between hands on a clock and number of college/university students in the US). Honestly felt/still feel that this second phone interview is a waste of time on the company's behalf. Just include the brain teaser stuff in the first interview.
    Was asked in for an in-person interview one week later, which as others have posted here, involved a 15-20 minute presentation, a case discussing a dysfunctional project manager and the steps you would take to remedy the situation, a case involving a bunch of numbers related to revenue and costs of two health plans, and a lunch with two consultants. After the lunch, I met with the recruiting manager for about 30 minutes for some final questions. The quant heavy case was a bit confusing in its presentation, but overall none of this was too difficult. Total interview lasted from about 10AM to 3PM.
    Was notified 10 days later that I would not be receiving an offer. When I asked for feedback, they said it's company policy to not give feedback, which is a shame.

Interview Questions
    • Numbers case related to two different health plans   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA (US)

The process took a weekinterviewed at Arcadia Solutions in April 2012.

Applied through my school's online job application system, and was invited to interview on campus. Interview consisted of typical questions (tell me about yourself, walking through the resume, "what are you most proud of?", "tell me about a research project"). The interviewers were friendly and talked about the enjoyment they get, the travel involved (4/5 days in the week), the often difficult work week (sometimes 60-80 hours), the young culture, and carving your own path within the company. There was an easy analytic exercise (not quite a case question) at the end of the interview that mostly required using the P = R - C formula. I was notified within the next week that I would not be invited to the next round of on site interviews, and was okay with it considering I wasn't very interested in the travel and long hours involved with the job.

Interview Questions
    • What are you most proud of accomplishing as an undergraduate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA (US)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Arcadia Solutions in March 2012.

Overall a very tedious process for a small company to have. Consisted of 2 phone screens then an on-site interview.
    On site consisted on a presentation, business case, analytics case and lunch. all in all took about 6 hours.
    The Group viewing my presentation kept interrupting while I was talking. That is something they need to work on. other than that it was straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • case about healthcare payer and provider plans   View Answer

Consultant Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arcadia Solutions in February 2012.

One initial phone screen, mostly to go over my resume. Second round was a 1:1 interview, with some technical questions. The onsite was with a case, analytical, presentation, and a social. With the case I suggest to present all possible scenarios and to weight one against the others. In general they want to see the candidate enthusiastic about their company.