Arby's

Updated 17 Jan, 2015
Updated 17 Jan, 2015

2.1

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Arby's.

Applied in-person. Got called in for a interview a week later. The interview took place in the lobby with the manager. I was asked the basic job interview questions and the interview itself lasted about 30 minutes. I was hired on the spot. I then had to go apply for a food handlers card before officially starting.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Arby's.

I interviewed firat with the district manager and second the regional director of operations I negotiated my pay from 8.40 to 8.75 and then had 6 weeks of training in the management program before running one of their stores.

I negotiated 8.40 to 8.75 an hour based on experience

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arby's.

The interview was easy. I was asked about future plans in life, how long i planned to be at arbys and why i wanted to work there. Took about 15 minutes for the whole interview

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Min wage.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waverly, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waverly, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arby's.

It was an open Interview Process. I saw the now doing open interviews sign. I walked in asked for a manager signed up and returned the day i was scheduled for my interview early.

I answered all their questions honestly and maintained eye contact the whole time. I gave examples of my background since I did not have much experience to draw from I discussed school and leading projects when asked about work.

I was offered a job and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you have little work experience?   View Answer
    It was easy they start everyone at the same wage regardless of your background.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Arby's.

I like interviews so it so easy for me. Most likely it will be two people interviewing it the same time. I don't what I could said know your fast food. We slice meat every day.

my pay

Vague Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arby's in September 2014.

Referred to opening. Told to come for application with interview at 3:30 a couple of days later. Showed up with resume and prepared for interview. Felt like I was a nuisance for showing up. Given application to fill out. When finished told there was a lot of applicants and how early could I be in to work in the mornings. Then told I would get a call back after she reviewed other applicants. I left thinking what weird interview (only one question). Two weeks went by before I was called for another interview. I was properly dressed like at the first appointment and arrived fifteen minutes early, so I had to wait until she was finished with present interview in progress. This interview last about 20 minutes. Was asked to tell about myself, what hobbies I like, previous and present education, a time I had to deal with a difficult customer, what would make me stand out to customers in a way that would make them ask for me personally, personal responsibilities, daycare arrangements, and shift availability. At the end I was given opportunity to ask questions, which I asked about position I was being interviewed for, typical week hours, and typical day at work. I was given vague answers such as we can hire for any shift, hours depend on you, and work day varies.Then told I would hear from here after decision. Another two weeks pass by before I receive a call to return for a second interview. This was the weirdest interview I have ever had for any position---EVER! I arrived the usual fifteen minutes early but had to wait over an hour because the Manager interviewing me was late arriving. After about 45 minutes the Manager present when I arrived decided to call and ask why he was late? He said he would be there within the next ten minutes. I was offered a drink for having to wait. He came in and seemed rushed. Then said I will make this sweet and simple: tell me about yourself. No handshake, nothing. Just as I was answering one of the workers came from the back and told him the other Manager needed to talk to him. He left for about ten minutes then returned and said okay finish up while I read this resume. After that, the interview went weirder from asking questions about my previous job Managers and their ethnicity, my personal goals, what other jobs I applied for, why did I apply to Arby's, have I ever eaten at Arby's before and how many times, how hard have I been searching for a job, was I expecting full-time or part-time employment, what salary was I expecting, what changes were going on in my life, and where do I see myself in five years. It got so crazy that I asked was he having a bad day. He then preceded to talk about having a poker face and he was tired of hiring people who brought drama or didn't want to work so what make me any different. I replied that I should not be judged based on his past employees. Then he went on to say he doesn't care how much experience I had or how much I was willing to work and easy to train, he wanted employees that wasn't like the ones he had in the past or that were not good now. He also made sure that I understood that the job was $7.25/hr, there were no insurance benefits until after you work at least 30 hrs a week for a year, and that they were only hiring for part-time, which was less than 30 hours a week. Once I sign the paperwork, then there was no changing the part-time to full-time. Full-time was only 30 hours or more. At this point, I was thinking that I do not want to work for this company even if offered a position. He ended by saying he was a fair person but he was tired of hiring people that brought drama and didn't want to work and that I would hear something by Thursday (the interview day was Tuesday). I politely thanked him for the interview, extended my hand for a shake which he seemed surprised by, and prepared to leave. I do not want to work for a company who is already looking for the negative based on others they have hired and that seems to having so many issues going on within that people are quitting that often. I left the interview feeling like I was being reprimanded for the actions of others. Will decline offer even though I really do need the position but I am worried it's not worth the stress nor time.

Interview Questions
    • What other places have you applied for jobs? How many times have you eaten at Arby's? What's your favorite restaurant?   View Answer

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Arby's.

When asking for and turning in an application, DO NOT:
    Come during lunch or dinner (it's a restaurant - we're busy)
    Go through the drive thru (I'm not worth your time? You aren't worth mine)
    Ask for a pen (You aren't prepared)
    Forget to push in your chair (bad personal responsibility & integrity tell)

When turning in your application, I recommend coming in on a weekday afternoon when it is slower, and ask for a hiring manager. Hand them the application and ask if they have any questions. Tell them what you are looking for ("I would like around 20 hours a week, and I am available any time I am not in class")

Interview Questions
    • There will always be a question or two revolving around how you will handle customer complaints - especially when you think the customer is wrong.   View Answer
    Little negotiation room. Some will say they 'have to' start you at minimum wage - don't fall for it.

Fry Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walla Walla, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walla Walla, WA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arby's.

I was in search of my first real job and I had put in applications at various places but had not received any indication that I was going to get an interview. However, I applied at Arby's with my younger brother who had previously worked at McDonald's and got the word that they wanted to interview us. Both of us came in about a week after we had initially applied and were separately interviewed by the manager.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any commitments that would affect your availability to work any day of the week?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arby's in May 2014.

General application through snag-a-job. Then an interview gets set up with the area supervisor. If he/she likes you, then it's another interview with the director of operations depending on his schedule. 5 weeks team member training when hired, 5 weeks management, then 5 weeks advanced management before certification is discussed. Will train only in certified training units.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond your job requirements.   Answer Question

Human Resource Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arby's.

For a support position, you'll meet with the hiring manager and possibly the dept VP.

Interview Questions
    • None, it was friendly. Middle managers often don't know how to interview.   Answer Question
    I negotiated vacation to have more. They ran it by the Sen Vice President and atty and said yes.