Arby's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2014
Updated Aug 20, 2014

2.0

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Arby's.

When asking for and turning in an application, DO NOT:
    Come during lunch or dinner (it's a restaurant - we're busy)
    Go through the drive thru (I'm not worth your time? You aren't worth mine)
    Ask for a pen (You aren't prepared)
    Forget to push in your chair (bad personal responsibility & integrity tell)

When turning in your application, I recommend coming in on a weekday afternoon when it is slower, and ask for a hiring manager. Hand them the application and ask if they have any questions. Tell them what you are looking for ("I would like around 20 hours a week, and I am available any time I am not in class")

Interview Questions
    • There will always be a question or two revolving around how you will handle customer complaints - especially when you think the customer is wrong.   View Answer
    Little negotiation room. Some will say they 'have to' start you at minimum wage - don't fall for it.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sterling Heights, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Arby's in October 2012.

I applied in person. Took a while for a call because they were transitioning to a new general manager. It took place in the dining area right around the time they opened the restaurant. Interview was very short and sweet. It took about 15 minutes to complete and the manager was very nice. He asked a few questions about myself, nothing hard or that required much thought. Hired on the spot. When you first get hired you only work about 10 hours for the first week so they can train you.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Arby's in September 2013.

I got hired right on the spot. Then she went and got the schedule to put in for the week plus orientation. i really enjoyed working there. And I would love to work there again.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Merritt Island, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merritt Island, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Arby's in June 2010.

Interviewed on the spot by assistant manager, asked questions about specific experiences, behavioral interview, asked questions about goals and pass times, goal of the interview was to learn whether or not you are a go getter that will grow with the industry.

Interview Questions
    • Are you better than this person?.... I stated that my sister took a psych course and got an A so I knew it would be an easy class, he asked if I was smarter than my sister.   View Answer
    It was a minimum wage position as a team member

Fry Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Walla Walla, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walla Walla, WA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Arby's.

I was in search of my first real job and I had put in applications at various places but had not received any indication that I was going to get an interview. However, I applied at Arby's with my younger brother who had previously worked at McDonald's and got the word that they wanted to interview us. Both of us came in about a week after we had initially applied and were separately interviewed by the manager.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any commitments that would affect your availability to work any day of the week?   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arby's in March 2014.

First job interview ever. Got the job. I walked in and asked for an application from the shift manager in person. Got a food preparation certification prior to even bringing my application back; it is always good to have a food prep license when applying to a restaurant job, fast food or otherwise. Brought the application back next day and turned it into the general manager. I was given an informal short interview on the spot. The manager asked why I wanted the job, what my availability was and my transportation situation. Try to maintain a friendly, professional attitude and wear something semi-formal. I shook hands in a business like way and said thank you for the time. I was told I would be contacted soon for the actual interview. Got the call two weeks later and showed up ten minutes early. Remember to actively listen to them and be responsive. Have some questions about the position itself and your duties prepared so they know you are interested in the job and not just the money. Answer questions honestly, but as professionally and positively as possible. Try not to bring up pay and benefits as that can leave the wrong impression. Wait for the manager to do so, or discuss salary and other benefits once you're and filling out the tax paperwork since it will be more relevant at that point. Other than that, stay positive and be straightforward. The hiring process is a part of life and no one wants it to turn into a game or a show. Be pleasant and show you're willing to learn new skills and view the job as a valuable part of gaining experience, and you're sure to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • None. The interview was very to the point. We discussed hours, duties, what things I am willing to do as far as cleaning is concerned, whether I would stay late, open/close the store or work holidays, rate of pay and when I was available to start.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Arby's in March 2014.

3-5 days interview basic questions was hired on the spot and got started right away. it was about a week before I got the initial call for an interview. went the next day and got the job.

Interview Questions
    there was negotiation it was met towards the middle

Restaurant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Athens, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Arby's in January 2010.

Was interviewed as a cashier while attending High School so the interview process was minimal as not much was expected of me at this point as I was a teenager and was only expected to perform minimal duties while ultimately progressing to be offered the General Manager Position.

N/A

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Arby's in April 2013.

Very informal. The questions were pointed and direct. It felt like they have a high turn-over rate. Probably due to the fact that they expect you to devote your entire life to the company.

Interview Questions

It seemed that they wanted you to sign your life away. Live to work, not work to live philosophy.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reading, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arby's in April 2012.

Most of the hiring and interviewing for this position is done from within, but occasionally they do hire outside for management positions if there is a need with no one to fill the role. Generally the questions are very customer-focused to determine your friendliness and/or how you handle stress well.

Interview Questions
    • There really were not any difficult or unexpected questions for this interview. It's all about behaviors.   Answer Question
    Some people are able to negotiate pay, others are not. I was able to and got what I thought was a fair rate of pay. Note that Arby's generally pays much less than their QSR counterparts and the decision ultimately comes down to the region's Director of Operations. Some are more willing to offer more, some not so much.

Worked for Arby's? Contribute to the Community!