Applied Materials

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Engineer III Interview

Mechanical Engineer III
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Applied Materials in March 2011.

Interview Details I received 1 st screening call from my current manager. He asked me if I was interested in this job posistion. I answered yes. In the next step, I had a conference call with people from our group. They asked my current skill and my previous background. In on-site intgerview, I met about 6 people.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Mechanical Engineer III Interview

Mechanical Engineer III
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Applied Materials in April 2011.

Interview Details I had a whole day of 1:1 on-site interviews with many managers from different groups. Few days later another manager called me and interviewed me via phone. Got a verbal offer from him about a week later...
the written offer just got in, I am very excited!

Interview Questions

• Describe a high pressure situation where your opinion conflicted with that of a colleague or a supervisor. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for Applied Materials?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I am not going to negotiate, the offer is very good as it is.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Applied Materials

Worked for Applied Materials? Contribute to the Community!

Applied Materials Videos

Applied Materials – Why Work for Us?

Applied Materials has over 13,000 employees in more than 90 locations and 20 countries. Our machines are in virtually every semiconductor, display and solar PV factory in the world. Every day, we help these… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applied Materials Mechanical Engineer III interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Applied Materials employees and interview candidates.