AppleOne

2.3

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scarborough, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at AppleOne in August 2014.

The process was extremely drawn out for such a low level recruitment firm. There was a phone interview, a interview with the recruiter, an interview with the regional manager, and an interview with the president.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about my previous sales experience.   View Answer

The structure was not something I was interested in. I pursued a more world renowned firm.

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brampton, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at AppleOne in December 2013.

Very Basic: Fill out application, watch a safety video, take an open-book test on the safety video, wait for interview where someone just asks you to regurgitate your resume and your salary expectations, where you'd like to work, and what shift(s).

Interview Questions
    • None. Maybe a scenario question, i.e. 'what would you do if....?'   Answer Question

Pay was lower than preference.

Accounts Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AppleOne in June 2010.

Pretty quick. They basically asked me a few questions and hired me. I think they hired me based on the fact that I had no experience and needed a job. I was hired within days

Interview Questions
    I took the job because i needed experience. The pay is very low at Appleone

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at AppleOne in July 2010.

I applied this position by sending email to the recruiter at Apple one. And I got a phone call a couple of days later. She asked me some questions about previous experience, salary expectation, nothing big. At the end of interview, she said she would contact her client to see if there is a face-to-face interview come in.

Job Placement Candidate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at AppleOne.

Pretty usual. But asking more questions about career goals and looking at experience versus career goals. Goes over the content and presentation of your resume and may offer ideas to make it readable by hiring managers. Treat it like you would an actual interview.

Interview Questions
    • Really the questions are the usual you would find in most places: Strengths, weaknesses, availability, etc.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at AppleOne.

Quick hire. Light paperwirk. And they hav e lots of jobs. Different fields as well as my own. Great pay, friendly staff. Awesome location in San Jose. Would love to work for them. Thumbs up!!!!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at AppleOne in June 2012.

Applied online via appleone.com. Received a call next day to set up interview for the same day. I went in and did all assessment testing required for the type of fields I was looking to work in , i.e. typing, word, excel. Received a call two days later with an interview with Corelogic Credco. Spoke with agent on tips for interview and key points to speak on during interview. I have been on assignment with Corelogic for two years.

Interview Questions
    • What can you provide for our company that someone else can't?   Answer Question

Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AppleOne.

Very nice and easygoing process. Straightforward and they care. You are given a series of skills tests and if you don't like your results you can study and retake the test!

Interview Questions
    non because its a temp agency so when they have work for me they call and i can accept or decline once I know the details of the job.

Project Manager for Large Scale Financial Insitution Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edison, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at AppleOne in July 2014.

I dealt with Latesha James a recruiter at the Edison NJ office. She was professional and very polite. The reason I said dealt is because I never interviewed and this is the reason why.

AppleOne marketing strategy is to have you validate all your work history and references before a job offer is made. They want you to give them your social security number and allow them to perform background checks, which you pay for before they will present you.

They wanted me to give them my social security number to see if I was validated to work in the US. I provided my drivers license from NJ which you cannot obtain without a social security card or a passport along with other information adding up to six points.

Their company business model plan is to present you to a company and market their services as providing validated canidates, sounds good but is very bad for the applicant.

First that type of information is only given when an offer is made. An offer is contingent upon validating your information. You would or should never give anyone you social security number unless an offer is made in writing.

It appears they are trying to sell an applicant on the basis of validating their work history and validation to work in the US to convince compaines to hire you and pay a fee. Their company did the HR work so they are offering more value than recruiters who just find canidates. They are putting the cart in front of the horse. It is a weak business model considering it is an employers market and the days of paying fees for people is over for full time applicants.

In today's job market it is rare a recruiting firm has an exclusive on a job posting. Posting a job on a bulletin board will garner 1,000's of resumes. The new age recruiters do not add value because most of them have no industry experience on what they present. The never worked in the job that they are recruiter for. These recruiting companies just scan resumes and search for keywords (IT Field) to decide to contact you. Unless you fit like a glove with the job specification (literally word for word) they would not know how to present.

So now you give all your personal information to AppleOne and you are presented to the company and if nothing happens you wonder why you went through all that time and expense. The answer is AppleOne can use your labor time to have a marketing angle to present your credentials. You are financing and doing all the work for them. They are doing nothing except presenting all your hard work.

Sorry but I am not a tool to be used for some marketing angle in the competitive recruitment industry. That idea may work for general staff office workers but not high end professionals, so I declined to give my information and thanked them and left.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions asked because I would not give them my social security number.   Answer Question

Administrative Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at AppleOne in June 2014.

The interview took approximately 45 min. We discussed my skills, education, and experiences with reference to a management position. I had applied for another position but when my degrees became apparent, they opted for the telephone interview for management. Very professional.

Interview Questions
    • How would my management techniques work for this company?   View Answer

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!