AppFolio

Updated 24 Feb, 2015
Updated 24 Feb, 2015

2.8

Customer Success Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AppFolio.

Very down-to-earth, laid back, informal. Interviewers were honest and forthcoming and very happy to chat and answer questions. Whole process lasted 2 hours. I was interviewed by a senior customer success manager and then the department head. I enjoyed the process a lot and felt like I would get a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Examples of successes, examples of being in "my zone", what keeps me motivated, asked me for details about projects on my resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AppFolio.

Process took about 2 weeks.

Received a call from a recruiter about a week later asking to set up a screening about my resume and interests.

Set up a date for a technical interview which was fairly straightforward about sorting arrays and software design patterns.

Interview Questions
    • What happens when you press the submit button on a website (networking question TCP/IP stuff)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AppFolio.

Applied on line, the entire process took 3 wks.

1 week after aplication, contacted by recruiter. Talked about the company, project and resume, as well as the tool they were using.

Then the phone interview, asked a coding question about recursion and how to persistent the state of the object used in the question.

Rejected in the next week.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AppFolio in January 2015.

I was contacted by the internal recruiter based in their Richardson, TX office and spoke for around 20 minutes regarding my background, skills, comp ratio, etc. At the end of the call I was invited to come into their office the following week and interview with the hiring VP.

My conversation with the hiring manager went well and I was informed they would contact me the following week with next steps. Next week came and went with no contact. I emailed and never received a response where I had requested feedback.

Judging by the office demographic, if you are over 30 years old, don't bother to apply. Overall environment is small and reminded me of my freshman college days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your current job and how it relates to the one you are applying for?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at AppFolio.

3 skype interviews managed by a 4th person
    each interview lasts an hour.
    different interviewers who did apparently not speak to each other about the previous interviews. sometimes redundant questions (such as can you name your most proud programming project).
    overall relaxed atmosphere
    this 50 words minimum is not helping, i guess

Interview Questions
    • nothing out of the box.
      some programming questions, recursive, then the same problem iterative, questions about my computer science background, different languages that i used and why etc.
      friendly ppl

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AppFolio in December 2014.

Applied online and heard back from a recruiter within a few days. Initial phone screen to discuss my resume, after which we set up a technical phone interview with an engineer. Good interview experience, just got stumped on a technical question.

Software Engineer Interview

One phone interview with HR about behavior questions, and other 3-turn interviews with engineer, leader engineer and CTO. All the questions are not so difficult, but tricky. Just to make sure your codes are clean enough without bugs!

- Submitted resume at Career Fair Event
    - Got back pretty quickly in 2 - 3 days
    - One phone call for resume discussion
    - One remote interview on Skype with Technical Lead

Software Engineer Interview

Three interviews. First one has two general coding questions, listing all the prime numbers. Second one is about software design and computer network fundamentals like http, tcp protocols. There is a question like, what will happen when you click www.google.com and press enter. The third one is basically describe your project and explain your code on github.

Interview Questions
    • For the question "when will happen when you click www.google.com and press enter", you are supposed to give a lot of details, like TCP, IP, HTTP, DNS, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AppFolio in October 2014.

Applied online for the Software Engineer Intern position and within approximately a week I had a initial phone screen with a member of the HR team. She was very kind and after that she set me up with a one hour technical phone interview with a senior member of the engineering team. The technical phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and covered questions on my background as well as questions relating to sorting, data management, and object-oriented programming. I was rejected at the end of the technical interview, but the interviewer was very nice about it.

Interview Questions
    • Related to sorting an array based on given specifications without creating any new data structures.   Answer Question