AppFolio Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr, 2015

2.9

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA (US)).

Interview

Was contacted by the VP about a potential position. The process was very smooth and straightforward. Took about three weeks from first casual meeting, two office interviews, and final offer. All interviewers were professional and friendly while asking good questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through a college job fair. Recruiter contacted me about a week later and arranged a phone interview with the team that was hiring. I then went to an on site technical interview in Santa Barbara. It was a half day, and there were three different interviews. One behavioral/resume related. The other two technical.

SDR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at AppFolio (Dallas, TX (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

First, a preliminary call interview with appfolio's recruiting department at which time they will discuss your resume. Nothing out of the ordinary here, they just want a little more information about your experience. Next, you are scheduled with an online interview via meetingstogo which you must download prior. The SDR position I applied for was no longer available but they were interested in filling a support engineer position. The interviewer went over the job description and was checking I'd I was still interested and if it was a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• What is a typical day in your workplace?

Why are you a good candidate for this job?

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Apply online and be contacted with hr in one week. Talking with hr about background and questions like whether have other offer. Then 3 round of phone interview, each around 1hour through skype. Some basic question based on your resume and one or two coding question about algorithm. If you already have an offer, told hr and she would help you to accelerate the interview process.

Interview Questions

• firstly some question about experience and projects on resume. Then coding question like find top 3 element in an array. The third round, was given a api which can get top 50 resturants in an area, need to find all resturants. Implement in both recursive and non recursive way.   Answer Question

Customer Success Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Three step interview process. Landed initial interview through an on campus career fair at UCSB. Came in for a two segment interview at the Appfolio the first time. Met with the Director of Customer Success, and then a Customer Success Manager. Was called back in to shadow a Customer Success employee a few weeks later, and then went through another brief interview with a different Customer Success Manager. Then received one final phone call from the Director of Customer Success with the job offer. Whole process from career fair to job offer to about a month and a half.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Very down-to-earth, laid back, informal. Interviewers were honest and forthcoming and very happy to chat and answer questions. Whole process lasted 2 hours. I was interviewed by a senior customer success manager and then the department head. I enjoyed the process a lot and felt like I would get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Examples of successes, examples of being in "my zone", what keeps me motivated, asked me for details about projects on my resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks.

Received a call from a recruiter about a week later asking to set up a screening about my resume and interests.

Set up a date for a technical interview which was fairly straightforward about sorting arrays and software design patterns.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you press the submit button on a website (networking question TCP/IP stuff)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Applied on line, the entire process took 3 wks.

1 week after aplication, contacted by recruiter. Talked about the company, project and resume, as well as the tool they were using.

Then the phone interview, asked a coding question about recursion and how to persistent the state of the object used in the question.

Rejected in the next week.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AppFolio (Richardson, TX (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the internal recruiter based in their Richardson, TX office and spoke for around 20 minutes regarding my background, skills, comp ratio, etc. At the end of the call I was invited to come into their office the following week and interview with the hiring VP.

My conversation with the hiring manager went well and I was informed they would contact me the following week with next steps. Next week came and went with no contact. I emailed and never received a response where I had requested feedback.

Judging by the office demographic, if you are over 30 years old, don't bother to apply. Overall environment is small and reminded me of my freshman college days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current job and how it relates to the one you are applying for?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AppFolio (San Diego, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me and talked about the Engineering positions at AppFolio. I accepted to talk to their Director. The first round was a Technical Phone Screen. Then I had 3 onsite 1:1 interviews, then another onsite technical interview along with a team lunch. The final interview was with the VP of Engineering.
    Finally they made me an offer but it was less than what I make in my current job, so declined it.

Interview Questions

• Design the database schema for an application similar to Google Calendar.   Answer Question