Aon

Updated 8 Nov, 2014
Updated 8 Nov, 2014

2.8

Senior Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Aon in September 2014.

The Onboarding by HireRight was insanely difficult and laborious. Almost a turnoff to the role and company. They finally had to resort to reviewing my old w-2's to verify I wasn't a liar. I was put off a bit but ultimately, understood.

Interview Questions
    • We essentially have 2 distinct Sourcing roles; which would interest you more given your experiences and diverse industry background?   View Answer
    Yes, somewhat.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aon.

Quick and simple process. I met with HR on the first round after a brief phone interview, and then second round of interview was a casual meeting with the CFO, which was not an actual interview. I was then offered the job, which I accepted.

Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon in August 2014.

If you are somewhat smart or talented, do not apply for this company, they are just crap. HR is the most unprofessional and low intelligent people I've ever dealt with. I was interviewing for a consultant position, had phone screen, in person and intelligence test. Did well on all of them, and then after I received the offer, the salary they gave me is less than what I was paid 3 years ago.

So, they didn't even screen me for salary requirements, went through all this process only to find out they couldn't compensate. HR was even embarrassed when they realized they didn't screen. Normally HR is a reflection of the overall firm. When HR is this bad, you can make judgement on the quality of overall firm.

Interview Questions

HR is unprofessional and low intelligent. Extremely poor reflection of overall comapny

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aon in August 2014.

I was given a case interview. Then an interview from their HR and Line Manager. For the case interview, you were required to do a ppt presentation on their laptop.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult question. It was more a casual chat and sharing of past experience.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon in August 2014.

Standard panel interview with behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Dealing with a difficult co-worker/situation.   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aon.

Applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter at their HR department a few days later. Upon speaking with this person, I was asked the basic/average interview/screening type of questions. After the 15 minute conversation, she stated that she would recommend me to the hiring manager at the office. A few days later, I received another email from someone different in HR to set up an interview day/time with the hiring managers. The day they scheduled was about 2-3 days out, and from my understanding, there were other candidates interviewing the same day with other "assessors".

Interview Questions
    • The questions were as expected- nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Benefits Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Aon.

I was referred by a current employee at AON and applied for the position - got the digital interview request within 48 hrs. After completing it instantly got an email invite and a ph call by the recruiter for a personal interview next week. Was interviewed by 2 individuals -first was just basic lifestyle questions, the second was more detailed about job.

Interview Questions
    • Try to sell me something/anything in this room
      Explain to me a situation where you had a conflict with a coworker/or client and how you overcame that.
        Answer Question
    Offer was what I was looking for.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aon.

Had the initial phone screen with the recruiter and then six follow-up conversations. The first three were via telephone with various members of the leadership team, the next two were in person: one with another member of the leadership team and the second was with the national leader (with whom I'd spoken on the phone previously). Following that meeting they scheduled a case study. Prior to the case study, the feedback had been glowing. The case study (I had the pretend I worked for Aon and was meeting with a new prospective client who was represented by five members of the team I'd be joining, mostly sr. leaders I'd spoken with during previously interviews) did not go well as I do not have any prior sales experience and no exposure to conducting a meeting of this nature. The team closed the call with a promise for a follow-up the next week. I waited until the end of the week before I followed up with the recruiter who ignored my e-mail. I waited another two weeks and follow-ed up again with no response. While I certainly understand that Aon has the right to select/deselect candidates as they see fit, it's really inappropriate to spend 8 hours on interviewing someone and then not even send so much as an e-mail to say they have not been selected. Overall my interaction with the recriter and interviewers prior to the case study had been good - everyone seemed friendly and nice, the recruiter handed me off to a coordinator to do most of the scheduling and was fairly hands-off. But the experience post case study of complete silence was a really poor candidate experience and makes me wonder if they employee experience isn't similar. I will not pursue candidacy with this company again.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to act in a sales lead capacity during my case study despite the fact that I'd been very clear that I had no sales lead experience.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online through my university career website, and the recruiter contacted me for a phone interview. I spoke with an analyst who was a recent graduate, and the interview was fairly standard with typical behavioral questions. A week later, I was invited to the Superday at the office. I had four interviews with principals from both the New York and Chicago offices. There were two case interviews and the others were behavioral. I was also asked a mini case question and given plenty of time to ask questions. All interviewers were easy-going and gave hints during the case questions.

Interview Questions

Received another offer with a higher salary.

Consultant Interview

The Interview and Hiring Process went very smoothly. Met with both a manager and assistant manager. There were no trick questions by either managers, as they were just trying to get a feel for my level of experience and my personality. Both interviewers put me at ease and were very easy to talk to during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • No "trick" questions or unexpected questions were asked during the interview.   Answer Question