Aon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Desktop Publisher Interview

Desktop Publisher
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon in December 2013.

Interview Details Phone interview: HR called about a week or two after online application.
Main question: "What makes you think your background will help with desktop publishing"

2:1 interview: Met with VP and coordinator. Seemed mainly personality-based. More like a friendly chat: very few technical questions.

Interview Question – How will you handle difficult people coming to you for requests?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst
Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aon in September 2010.

Interview Details had phone interivew with one of the member in HR and questions were quite easy to answer. had phone interivew with one of the member in HR and questions were quite easy to answer. had phone interivew with one of the member in HR and questions were quite easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• what methods and strategies do you follow in calculating risk factors apporpriate for insurance compaines   Answer Question
  • what are the duties and responsibilities of an associate actuary?   Answer Question

Claims Advocate Interview

Claims Advocate
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Aon in June 2014.

Interview Details Two phone interviews and two in-person interviews with two people each time. It was very conversational and informative. Many behavioral and background questions. The interview was very apropos and everyone was very kind and genuine. The on-boarding process, especially regarding the background check, took a bit. I get the sense that things move along as quickly as your recruiter wants them to.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation where a client asks for specific coverage under a policy that you know is historically never covered?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate; I was offered more than I asked for.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Aon in January 2010.

Interview Details This depends whose hiring you, but most departments are fairly lax. HR can be hit and miss, depending on who you get. Its a very entrepreneurial environment so there is not a standard for all departments...people are busy so hiring doesn't always get a lot of time and attention until they really need someone

Interview Question – Math tests and case studies   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they made me an offer, I liked it and accepted

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aon.

Interview Details Applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter at their HR department a few days later. Upon speaking with this person, I was asked the basic/average interview/screening type of questions. After the 15 minute conversation, she stated that she would recommend me to the hiring manager at the office. A few days later, I received another email from someone different in HR to set up an interview day/time with the hiring managers. The day they scheduled was about 2-3 days out, and from my understanding, there were other candidates interviewing the same day with other "assessors".

Interview Question – The questions were as expected- nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Benefits Advisor Interview

Benefits Advisor
Lincolnshire, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Aon.

Interview Details I was referred by a current employee at AON and applied for the position - got the digital interview request within 48 hrs. After completing it instantly got an email invite and a ph call by the recruiter for a personal interview next week. Was interviewed by 2 individuals -first was just basic lifestyle questions, the second was more detailed about job.

Interview Question – Try to sell me something/anything in this room
Explain to me a situation where you had a conflict with a coworker/or client and how you overcame that.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was what I was looking for.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon.

Interview Details Had the initial phone screen with the recruiter and then six follow-up conversations. The first three were via telephone with various members of the leadership team, the next two were in person: one with another member of the leadership team and the second was with the national leader (with whom I'd spoken on the phone previously). Following that meeting they scheduled a case study. Prior to the case study, the feedback had been glowing. The case study (I had the pretend I worked for Aon and was meeting with a new prospective client who was represented by five members of the team I'd be joining, mostly sr. leaders I'd spoken with during previously interviews) did not go well as I do not have any prior sales experience and no exposure to conducting a meeting of this nature. The team closed the call with a promise for a follow-up the next week. I waited until the end of the week before I followed up with the recruiter who ignored my e-mail. I waited another two weeks and follow-ed up again with no response. While I certainly understand that Aon has the right to select/deselect candidates as they see fit, it's really inappropriate to spend 8 hours on interviewing someone and then not even send so much as an e-mail to say they have not been selected. Overall my interaction with the recriter and interviewers prior to the case study had been good - everyone seemed friendly and nice, the recruiter handed me off to a coordinator to do most of the scheduling and was fairly hands-off. But the experience post case study of complete silence was a really poor candidate experience and makes me wonder if they employee experience isn't similar. I will not pursue candidacy with this company again.

Interview Question – I was asked to act in a sales lead capacity during my case study despite the fact that I'd been very clear that I had no sales lead experience.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY (US)

Interviewed at Aon

Interview Details I applied online through my university career website, and the recruiter contacted me for a phone interview. I spoke with an analyst who was a recent graduate, and the interview was fairly standard with typical behavioral questions. A week later, I was invited to the Superday at the office. I had four interviews with principals from both the New York and Chicago offices. There were two case interviews and the others were behavioral. I was also asked a mini case question and given plenty of time to ask questions. All interviewers were easy-going and gave hints during the case questions.

Interview Question – How many USPS drop boxes are in Manhattan?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received another offer with a higher salary.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

Interviewed at Aon

Interview Details The Interview and Hiring Process went very smoothly. Met with both a manager and assistant manager. There were no trick questions by either managers, as they were just trying to get a feel for my level of experience and my personality. Both interviewers put me at ease and were very easy to talk to during the interview.

Interview Question – No "trick" questions or unexpected questions were asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Madrid (Spain)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aon.

Interview Details Interview was easy, one with the HR department and another one with my director. Spoke about my skills and my willingness to work for an international Brand like Aon. I expected a tougher interview. What they more cared was that my studies were about to finish and to have a good English level

Interview Question – I did not find a special difficult question,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I entered the company as a Junior with a standard contract called "Junior trainee" which has the increased salary agreed for the following three years.

Worked for Aon? Contribute to the Community!