Aon Interview Questions

Updated 9 Apr, 2015
Updated 9 Apr, 2015

2.8

Process Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aon.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and was able to meet with the recruitment specialist in a week. Apparently the assistant was supposed to e-mail me an interview prep package but I never received it or knew about it. The interview were mainly behavioural based questions but they weren't anything out of the ordinary. The recruitment specialist said that I should hear back a week later and if I didn't I could follow up. He also mentioned that the hiring manager was also interviewing people. Anyways, a week passes and I don't hear back from them. I follow up and he said interviews are still going on so I should follow up in a week. I followed up and didn't hear back until two days later that the hiring manager chose someone else.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon in April 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an internal employee. had a short phone interview with hr. had an interview with the department manager. it was overall a pleasant experience. do research on the department and company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

salary was negotiable

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Aon (Toronto, ON) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a video interview to be reviewed by management team.
    The phone interview went well, however the video interview was horrible. Aon sent a link to an online application where I read a question and had 60 seconds to respond. My answers were recorded on video. I felt like I was being interviewed by a robot.
    After the video interview, the recruiter called to say they are delayed in reviewing it and will get back to me after the weekend. I called a couple of time the week after and left a message asking on the status but never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions - describe a time when you went above and beyond for someone.   Answer Question

Desktop Publisher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon (Toronto, ON) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone interview: HR called about a week or two after online application.
    Main question: "What makes you think your background will help with desktop publishing"

2:1 interview: Met with VP and coordinator. Seemed mainly personality-based. More like a friendly chat: very few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle difficult people coming to you for requests?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aon (Vancouver, BC) in September 2010.

Interview

had phone interivew with one of the member in HR and questions were quite easy to answer. had phone interivew with one of the member in HR and questions were quite easy to answer. had phone interivew with one of the member in HR and questions were quite easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• what methods and strategies do you follow in calculating risk factors apporpriate for insurance compaines   Answer Question
    • what are the duties and responsibilities of an associate actuary?   Answer Question

Senior Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aon (Vancouver, BC) in May 2010.

Interview

Met with 6 divisional heads for a friendly char about experience with large account management. Nothing unexpected or unanticipated. The position I was being hired for was critical to them for retention of a particular flagship account.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes and they met what I asked for because my expectations were reasonable for the position and my background

Health and Benefits Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aon (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

One whole day Assessment Centre, consisting of 4 parts - 2 group tasks, 1 fact-finding exercise, and 1 interview.
    The first one was group debate on 3 out of 4 questions chosen by all the candidates together. Not difficult, just try to be relaxed and express your ideas clearly.
    The second one was fact-finding exercise, which was simply a case study. An article with limited concept was given and you have to ask the interview about questions related with the case study, and finally write a thorough report.
    The third one for me was the interview. Lots of competency-based questions were asked, but all were typical ones.
    The last one was a group task again. All the candidates work together for a case study.
    It was an extremely long ,tiring day. You should definitely be well prepared for that.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure the number of televisions in the UK?
      What do you know about our company?

Answer Question

Business Delivery Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aon (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted Resume, was contacted by recruiter to set up a 30 minute interview and then met with recruiter where she asked questions related to behavior. Did not talk about position itself much or anything personal about myself. Only questions about situations in the past related to experience.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, describe a situation where this or that happened   Answer Question

Delivery Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted to do a video-interview at my leisure. I registered with a link they sent and had the opportunity to practice before actually answering the questions. Process took about 2 hours with prep, combination of speaking into my video camera and typing "essay"-style answers. Next step was a phone interview, duration approx. 1 hour. Spoke with 2 individuals from the team that I would be working with. I was not brought on-site and received an offer over the phone. Overall straightforward, steam-lined style with no surprises.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you showed instructional leadership with direct reports   Answer Question

Catastrophe Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Aon (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

Got an initial e-mail to request a phone interview. The phone interview was short, asked a few basic questions about resume but was mostly to describe the company and position. The next interview was at the office. It was 5 rounds (about a half hour each) with 2 people. I was put in a room with 4 other people who were also interviewing for the same position so it was a little weird, but the interviews were pretty straightforward with basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions.
      Tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, etc.
      Fairly decent amount of group questions, such as a time when your group worked well together, when you didn't work well together, when some didn't put as much effort in, etc.
      Talk about a time when you bargained something, what would you have done differently?
      Be prepared to talk through your resume as well.
      There were no real technical questions besides asking what familiarity I had with some Microsoft Office programs and statistic programs.

Answer Question