Aon Interview Questions

2.8

Senior Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Aon in May 2010.

Met with 6 divisional heads for a friendly char about experience with large account management. Nothing unexpected or unanticipated. The position I was being hired for was critical to them for retention of a particular flagship account.

Interview Questions
    Yes and they met what I asked for because my expectations were reasonable for the position and my background

Desktop Publisher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon in December 2013.

Phone interview: HR called about a week or two after online application.
    Main question: "What makes you think your background will help with desktop publishing"

2:1 interview: Met with VP and coordinator. Seemed mainly personality-based. More like a friendly chat: very few technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle difficult people coming to you for requests?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Aon in September 2010.

had phone interivew with one of the member in HR and questions were quite easy to answer. had phone interivew with one of the member in HR and questions were quite easy to answer. had phone interivew with one of the member in HR and questions were quite easy to answer.

Interview Questions
    • what methods and strategies do you follow in calculating risk factors apporpriate for insurance compaines   Answer Question
    • what are the duties and responsibilities of an associate actuary?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon in August 2014.

If you are somewhat smart or talented, do not apply for this company, they are just crap. HR is the most unprofessional and low intelligent people I've ever dealt with. I was interviewing for a consultant position, had phone screen, in person and intelligence test. Did well on all of them, and then after I received the offer, the salary they gave me is less than what I was paid 3 years ago.

So, they didn't even screen me for salary requirements, went through all this process only to find out they couldn't compensate. HR was even embarrassed when they realized they didn't screen. Normally HR is a reflection of the overall firm. When HR is this bad, you can make judgement on the quality of overall firm.

Interview Questions

HR is unprofessional and low intelligent. Extremely poor reflection of overall comapny

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Aon in August 2014.

I was given a case interview. Then an interview from their HR and Line Manager. For the case interview, you were required to do a ppt presentation on their laptop.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult question. It was more a casual chat and sharing of past experience.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Aon.

Long process, but worth it. Several calls were made, and a couple interviews. Interviewed with several people in one day. Manager that was supposed to interview was called away fro a trip but it worked out.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were expected, especially looking back.   Answer Question

Accounts Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aon in February 2014.

Received a call from recruitment agent to go down for interview and interviewers were the potential direct reports.

Interviewer was approachable and asked questions relating more to personal factors.

E.g: external commitments and commitment to work overtime

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phila, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon in August 2012.

The process took over 2 months with a phone interview & in person. There is a lot of time wasted just waiting. They hire on the 1st and 15th of every month.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a lot about my goals in the next ten years of which I really don't have any beyond getting my life together.   Answer Question
    They offered and I accepted

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Aon.

Quick and simple process. I met with HR on the first round after a brief phone interview, and then second round of interview was a casual meeting with the CFO, which was not an actual interview. I was then offered the job, which I accepted.

Claims Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Aon in June 2014.

Two phone interviews and two in-person interviews with two people each time. It was very conversational and informative. Many behavioral and background questions. The interview was very apropos and everyone was very kind and genuine. The on-boarding process, especially regarding the background check, took a bit. I get the sense that things move along as quickly as your recruiter wants them to.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where a client asks for specific coverage under a policy that you know is historically never covered?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate; I was offered more than I asked for.

Worked for Aon? Contribute to the Community!