Anadarko Petroleum

Getting the Interview

29 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

EHS Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview Details I applied for a summer internship with Anadarko through my university. I first met with a hiring manager who conducted the initial interview. I was very nervous at first and the hiring manager seemed very tough but warmed up quickly when I asked her questions about the position. It went well though and about a week later I received a call from my would-be supervisor who said he wanted to discuss the position more. When I called back it turned into a conference call interview, so I didn't feel as prepared. He also asked less generic interview questions and more difficult, position-specific questions. A week went by after this second interview before the supervisor called me again to offer me the intern position. I was elated!

Interview Question – What do you believe is the most effective way to develop and enact a new company policy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The original job listing gave an hourly salary range. I got the maximum amount, so there was was no negotiating.

Midstream Finance Interview

Interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum

Interview Details Was interviewed and hired through an MBA program.

Interview Question – Why did I leave my former industry and position to pursue finance within O&G.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview Details Work culture is work-hard, play-hard. Seems very fulfilling. People working there seem to really enjoy it.

Interview Question – What did you learn the most working in lab?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Contractor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in January 2012.

Interview Details I've been a contractor over a year and still haven't been accepted for an interview even with great referrals.

Interview Question – I received the "We're working on getting a position open" often.   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in September 2013.

Interview Details I spoke to them at our business school's career fair, and then applied online and got an email saying I got an interview a few days later. Set up the interview in which they brought us into a hold room where there was a young lady waiting to talk to us and answer any questions while we were waiting. We were then brought into the interview room where there were 2 interviewers, one writing and one talking. Extremely laid back atmosphere, more like a conversation then an interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you overcame a challenge.   Answer Question

Landman Intern IV Interview

Landman Intern IV
Waco, TX (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in June 2011.

Interview Details Hard to describ

Interview Question – Do I have a drivers license   View Answer

Rotational Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview Details I applied through my college career website and was interviewed about two weeks after the application closed. Prior to the interview, there was a greeter who spoke to me about the position and company, and answered any preliminary questions I had. I was then interviewed by two employees, one of whom had been through the rotational program previously. This was the most relaxed and friendly interview I have had! They were very energetic about the company, funny, and just wanted to get to know more about you. The questions were mostly behavioral, with one or two relating to my past internship experiences. They were non-judgmental and made it easy to talk. They provided insight about the company and program in great detail.

Interview Question – What did you not like about your previous internship/employer?   View Answer

Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in September 2013.

Interview Details Applied and got accepted for an interview through my universities career center. The interview was pretty straightforward and just talking about my resume. No technical questions. Invited to a dinner with them the next day. Did not make it through to the final interview. They whole turnaround from first interview to an offer would have been under a week though.

Interview Question – Nothing Unexpected. Just conversation.   Answer Question

Accountant II Interview

Accountant II

I applied online and interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview Details I had been applying for years at any available position possible. And finally after two years I finally got a call from HR. They scheduled my interview and I ended up having an interview with my whole entire group! (apparently there were problems of not mixing well before me). After answering questions from everyone in the group, I thought it would be another long wait, but it was not! Moments from leaving the interview, I was getting calls from my references that they were already calling!! The next day they extended me an offer upon passing a drug test, background and credit check. The drug test is a hair sample. Some people said they cut a big chunk out, but the nurse was nice enough to cut two different places so there wasn't a huge gap.

Interview Question – All the questions were those about my job experience.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

The Woodlands, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in April 2013.

Interview Details The interview was a panel interview with several HR Management team members. Most questions were focused on past experiences related to the position and how I would manage challenges specific to the position. Overall, it was a positive interview process.

Interview Question – The interview felt more like a discussion of the role followed by them asking me to explain what my approach to the position would be.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Anadarko Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!

Anadarko Petroleum Videos

Anadarko Petroleum – Why Work for Us?

Anadarko’s mission is to deliver a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by developing, acquiring and exploring for oil and natural gas resources vital to the world’s health and welfare… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Anadarko Petroleum interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Anadarko Petroleum employees and interview candidates.