American Water

20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Statistical Interview

Statistical

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Water in January 2011.

Interview Details Starts off online, then if you pass that, the HR person conducts a preliminary phone interview then a 2nd phone interview then a 3rd interview with the hiring manager. Then a face to face group/panel interview with 2 HR team members, Hiring manager and any interested parties they deam appropriate to attend.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with your boss about a decision that impacted your specific work flow   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time you used your skills of influence to get the desired outcome you needed for the task you were doing   View Answer

Senior Java Developer Interview

Senior Java Developer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American Water in April 2010.

Interview Details There is a technical phone interview, then an in person 1:group HR type interview. The final step is a 1:1 with a director

Interview Question – Why are you looking to change jobs?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for more vacation.

Administrative Position Interview

Administrative Position

The process took a day - interviewed at American Water in February 2009.

Interview Details Had Interview with HR first and then interviewed by 2 potential bosses.

Interview Question – Asked me a lot of questions about past work experiences   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
Voorhees, NJ (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Water in May 2011.

Interview Details I met with the hiring manager and a project manager, they asked about my experience, how I deal with challenging situations, described the tasks and work environment.
I got a very positive impression of the people, the office and corporate culture. The people who interviewed me seemed busy, but relaxed and happy.

Interview Question – how do you deal with SMEs who don't want or are too busy to give you the needed information   Answer Question

Accounting Specialist Interview

Accounting Specialist

The process took a day - interviewed at American Water in October 2010.

Interview Details had a prelist set of interview questions. Most of the questions were situational questions so be prepared to recall upon your experiences.

Interview Question – Can you tell me about a time you had a conflict/disagreement with a manager and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Pensacola, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at American Water in July 2008.

Interview Details I was called for an interview, and upon my arrival I was greated by a Supervisor and given a general interview, which was then followed by a skills assesment test, then a final interview with an HR Representative. This lead to my job offer!

Interview Questions

• What skills do you think you possess that will make you an asset to our company..?   Answer Question
  • Does working in a team environment benfit you and/or and to your individual skills..?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Water in September 2009.

Interview Details Phone interview with HR followed by in person interview. Interview was behavioral.

Interview Question – How do you work with difficult people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst II Interview

Financial Analyst II

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Water in July 2010.

Interview Details Interviewed by phone regarding previous experience and education. They went with someone with more experience than I had.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Mechanicsburg, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at American Water in November 2009.

Interview Details I was contacte by phone two week after my online application. The entire process was pleasant. Everyone involved, for secretary to the hiring manager were friendly. The intervire went well as far as I am concerned, even though I did not get the job. High level of competition I guess.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a project you lead and the challenges you faced while leading it   View Answer
  • If someone who worked with you were asked to describe you, what would they say?   View Answer

Accounting Specialist Interview

Accounting Specialist
Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at American Water in March 2009.

Interview Details 1st interview was with the HR VP which lasted about 30 minutes. Questions were standard interview questions from a list. (i.e. Your strengths/ weaknesses, Why American Water?, Difficult situations, etc.)
2nd interview was right after the first and was with the department manager and a supervisor. Questions were more informal, and some were directed at skills. This interview was mostly conversational.

Interview Question – Tell me about a past professional experience that put you in an ethical dilemma, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question